Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This is an upcoming Steam game. It seems to be pretty reverent of Christianity. Maybe it could encourage Christianity? I'm impressed by the graphics.

ss_8a1597a769639937ea7508cfbdda95eec0370e32.1920x1080.jpg

ss_efcd3893d7034fee1dd82a885ac57f8d9378a0c9.1920x1080.jpg

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seems redundant. Those who are not Christian will not touch the game, those who are Christians that play games play better games and those Christians who think they will go to hell if they press on/off button on any electrical device will not touch it either.

So who is going to play it ?

Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a Sunday morning radio program on a conservative political channel called "The Jesus Christ Show" where the host pretends to be Jesus and callers address him as such when they call in with their spiritual problems. It appears to be entirely serious and not tongue-in-cheek in the slightest. My wife and I both find it utterly creepy.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a Sunday morning radio program on a conservative political channel called "The Jesus Christ Show" where the host pretends to be Jesus and callers address him as such when they call in with their spiritual problems. It appears to be entirely serious and not tongue-in-cheek in the slightest. My wife and I both find it utterly creepy.

That’s even more ridiculous than South Park’s premise of the actual Jesus having a cable access show.

Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s even more ridiculous than South Park’s premise of the actual Jesus having a cable access show.
Here you go: http://www.thejesuschristshow.com/

I see that it bills itself as "interactive radio theater," but in fact it consists of real people calling in with real problems to a guy purporting to be Jesus Christ and giving Jesus' answers.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that it bills itself as "interactive radio theater," but in fact it consists of real people calling in with real problems to a guy purporting to be Jesus Christ and giving Jesus' answers.

I find it curious that a guy on the radio is 'purporting to be (speaking for) Jesus Christ" and that's creepy but a guy writing around 2,000 years ago purporting to to write on Jesus' behalf (Peter, Jude, Paul, etc..) is worthy of admiration thousands of years later.

Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find it curious that a guy on the radio is 'purporting to be (speaking for) Jesus Christ" and that's creepy but a guy writing around 2,000 years ago purporting to to write on Jesus' behalf (Peter, Jude, Paul, etc..) is worthy of admiration thousands of years later.
It is, of course, a core tenet of Christian theology that Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. For a Christian blessed with the gift of discernment or teaching, to be "speaking in the Spirit" isn't alarming, nor should it be. The Bible serves as the touchstone for whether what is being said is truly from the Spirit because another core tenet of Christian theology is that the Bible as a whole is inspired. One may disagree with these core tenets, but in the context of Christianity there is nothing weird or creepy about what is taking place in the NT or when a Christian purports to deliver a message inspired by the Spirit.

What you have ADDED to what I said - "purporting to be (speaking for) Jesus Christ" - is precisely the point. In the snippets I have heard, the guy's advice is actually quite good and biblically sound. The creepiness is in him purporting to BE Jesus and in callers be required to address him as though he WERE Jesus. He doesn't purport to "speak for" Jesus.

By ADDING to what I have said, you have drawn a false analogy between the radio host and the NT writers.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By ADDING to what I have said, you have drawn a false analogy between the radio host and the NT writers.

I would submit that my adding to your post is no different than what you have claimed initially.

A person on a radio doesn't say that they literally are Jesus Christ, right? I.e. they are not claiming they are Jesus who has come down to earth to speak on the radio, are they?

Instead, they are speaking as if Jesus is speaking, which is exactly what many Christian preachers are claiming today. I.e. God told me to tell you XYZ.

And, according to the Bible itself, Bible is not the sole message.

John 14:16 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Matthew 10:19-20"But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. "For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

So, respectfully, it is you who are adding to the Bible when you claim that only what's in the Bible will be taught.

Besides, the Bible is a poor test, because the New Testament contradicts much of the Old Testament, so if you applied this same standard to the original New Testament teachings, you'd have to throw most of them out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A person on a radio doesn't say that they literally are Jesus Christ, right? I.e. they are not claiming they are Jesus who has come down to earth to speak on the radio, are they?
Instead of talking through your hat, listen to the program. The game is that he IS Jesus. If you want to address him, you play the game that you are talking TO Jesus. If you don't find it creepy, that's of no consequence to me. The fact remains, there is no analogy between this radio show and the NT writings.

So, respectfully, it is you who are adding to the Bible when you claim that only what's in the Bible will be taught.
I didn't say that the Bible is the "sole message" or that "only what's in the Bible will be taught." I said that in Christian theology, the Bible is the touchstone for whether any message or teaching that claims to be inspired by the Holy Spirit is actually inspired by the Spirit.

When people misstate what I have said more than once, we're done.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When people misstate what I have said more than once, we're done.

I see how this works. I listened to this guy, he is talking about God in third person at least in some conversations. Just like the preachers who say.. God told me to tell you XYZ.

You strike me as a chief nitpicker, who will argue with anything and everything.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see how this works. I listened to this guy, he is talking about God in third person at least in some conversations. Just like the preachers who say.. God told me to tell you XYZ.

You strike me as a chief nitpicker, who will argue with anything and everything.

All I know is that your real name better not be 'Dirk.'

Upvote 0