Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is there any way to identify the true original catalog or upc numbers of CDs? Some of the artwork on them appears altered from the original issues and those are the only numbers that I know to authentically identify the original artwork. Altering the recording is another matter.

I am particularly concerned with the cover of Images and Words. I remember the original cover having a bible on it.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any way to identify the true original catalog or upc numbers of CDs? Some of the artwork on them appears altered from the original issues and those are the only numbers that I know to authentically identify the original artwork. Altering the recording is another matter.

I am particularly concerned with the cover of Images and Words. I remember the original cover having a bible on it.

In my experience the UPC does not change from the original, and is carried on with re-pressings/reprints. I've done re-issues with packaging change from Jewel case to Digipaks yet the UPC remains the same. I would think the only time to change a UPC was if there was significant change to the actual recording. If the album was released through a label that may be the best way to check.

Upvote 0