Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I consider myself a relatively unhealthy person, but even so, I rarely am sick. I don't take care of myself (although I've been doing better) so you would think my immune system would be shot and I'd catch everything going around. But again, usually when a sickness "goes through" my family I either don't catch it or only catch a mild version.

Last night and all of today I noticed a slight sore, swollen throat, headache, and light cold symptoms. Of course, the times being as they are, I looked up the symptoms to the most popular virus this year. My symptoms match this slightly, but I can't be sure. I don't have a fever or obvious difficulty with breathing.

I ask that you pray for me, but not just for me. I don't fear for my own health as much as I do the health of my parents and grandparents. I live at home with my parents, and my grandparents live with us. They are all relatively healthy but are all older and therefore are at a higher risk of catching what I might have.

There is also a work situation: I work for a small business. When one person is out sick it puts a terrible strain on everyone else. Closing down for a day or two isn't an option unless the boss himself is out.

I've been consistent with my vitamins, and I've been taking some extra vitamin C supplements and others to try and curb whatever it is I have. These seem to have a helped a great deal, although I'm still finding it difficult to nap because of my headache.

Please pray that I will be able to kick this thing so that I will be able to go into work, and that I won't have much anxiety about the whole thing. Please also pray that I won't pass this cold-like sickness to any family member, co-worker, or customer that I work with. Thank you and God bless you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take a glove of garlic 4-5 times a day until symptoms subside. Cut a clove of garlic up finely and digest raw. Just use a bit of water. It really helps the immune system vitamin d3 can be helpful as well.

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had great success with Oil of Oregano gel caps, if I sneeze or sniffle and take one it just goes away, for over 10 years now.
Have also had great success with Vitamin C, taking 3-4,000 mg. every couple hours till the crud stops usually over night.

Upvote 0

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Take a glove of garlic 4-5 times a day until symptoms subside. Cut a clove of garlic up finely and digest raw. Just use a bit of water. It really helps the immune system vitamin d3 can be helpful as well.

I have heard of this. It doesn't sound very appetizing but I suppose if it works it's worth a try. Thanks for your input. I'm sure it will help! :thumbsup:

I have had great success with Oil of Oregano gel caps, if I sneeze or sniffle and take one it just goes away, for over 10 years now.
Have also had great success with Vitamin C, taking 3-4,000 mg. every couple hours till the crud stops usually over night.

I have upped the amount I normally take. I'd have to check but it's probably less than 3,000mg; I should probably up it again, then.

Thank you for your advice. I'm sure it will help! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure it will help!
When you have symptoms of the flu then garlic takes them away for 4-5 hours after digesting a clove. The bigger the better. It even subdues a slight fever. i've used to for years with good success against the common cold.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Eragon1822, I spent years, living from October to April, with a bad sinus infection that antibiotics never seemed to be able to do much about. Then a friend of mine told me about a plant extract called Echinacea (apparently it was used widely prior to the invention of antibiotics). As I understand it, it works by revving up your immune system.

I take the liquid version during the fall, winter and spring, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and I haven't had a sinus infection since I started using it, or a cold (I started taking it about 15 years ago :)).

I'm not sure that it will work for you, but I thought that I'd mention it, just in case!

Praying for you, and for your family and co-workers too.

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - have you called your doctor? If not, that would probably be a good idea :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: ss51
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spoke with a grade school teacher recently, she and several she works with use echinacea regularly to keep the germs little kids are covered with from getting them, ha!
I have recommended Oil of Oregano to her and she was interested. They are very aware of maintaining a healthy immune system, they live in college town too, so that is another way "stuff" gets brought in.
Praying without ceasing is another way I enjoy boosting the immune system, Jesus promised no weapon formed against us would prosper, I know at times He has brought His healing in an immediate way and not so much as a process with incremental healing, He has left a slight soreness in the throat or some tiny discomforting thing that goes away in a day or two, I have heard it taught that is too keep reminding us of His goodness in bringing healing and His very nature that we be well, whole, restored, intact, in Jesus name.
"We have not because we ask not, we ask and receive not, because we ask amiss."

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When you have symptoms of the flu then garlic takes them away for 4-5 hours after digesting a clove. The bigger the better. It even subdues a slight fever. i've used to for years with good success against the common cold.

I had no idea it could do so much! I'm having trouble finding full cloves, but I've upped the amount of Vitamin C I take by quite a bit. I'm feeling a little better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello @Eragon1822, I spent years, living from October to April, with a bad sinus infection that antibiotics never seemed to be able to do much about. Then a friend of mine told me about a plant extract called Echinacea (apparently it was used widely prior to the invention of antibiotics). As I understand it, it works by revving up your immune system.

I take the liquid version during the fall, winter and spring, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and I haven't had a sinus infection since I started using it, or a cold (I started taking it about 15 years ago :)).

I'm not sure that it will work for you, but I thought that I'd mention it, just in case!

Praying for you, and for your family and co-workers too.

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - have you called your doctor? If not, that would probably be a good idea :oldthumbsup:

The name sounds familiar, but I don't believe I've ever taken it. Does it take a prescription or can you buy it off of the shelf? I might just have to check that out. :)

Thank you for your prayers! I don't believe I'm so bad off that I need to go in (thankfully!). I'm feeling better now. My headache is barely dull now, and the cold-like symptoms feel just like that: cold symptoms; annoying, but not debilitating. Thank you again for your concern though, and your prayers, St_Worm.

Upvote 0

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Spoke with a grade school teacher recently, she and several she works with use echinacea regularly to keep the germs little kids are covered with from getting them, ha!
I have recommended Oil of Oregano to her and she was interested. They are very aware of maintaining a healthy immune system, they live in college town too, so that is another way "stuff" gets brought in.
Praying without ceasing is another way I enjoy boosting the immune system, Jesus promised no weapon formed against us would prosper, I know at times He has brought His healing in an immediate way and not so much as a process with incremental healing, He has left a slight soreness in the throat or some tiny discomforting thing that goes away in a day or two, I have heard it taught that is too keep reminding us of His goodness in bringing healing and His very nature that we be well, whole, restored, intact, in Jesus name.
"We have not because we ask not, we ask and receive not, because we ask amiss."

Oil of Oregano, Echinecea...I'll have to try these, not just for current symptoms but overall health. It's a growing interest of mine, staying well, and not just because of this year's events. I know in the long-run I will appreciate my current efforts to stay in tip-top shape.

Discomfort makes us appreciate comfort, agreed! Plus, even the smallest of challenges provide an opportunity to grow.

Upvote 0

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
May God restore health unto you. I pray that this is just a mild ailment that will pass soon and that it is definitely NOT covid. Please keep us posted.

Thank you, believer. I'm feeling a little better. My headache has lessened and my other symptoms make me think it could just be a bad cold. I'm downing a good deal of Vitamin C as well as other supplements to try and kick this. They seem to be having a positive effect. :pray:

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The name sounds familiar, but I don't believe I've ever taken it. Does it take a prescription or can you buy it off of the shelf? I might just have to check that out. :)

Thank you for your prayers! I don't believe I'm so bad off that I need to go in (thankfully!). I'm feeling better now. My headache is barely dull now, and the cold-like symptoms feel just like that: cold symptoms; annoying, but not debilitating. Thank you again for your concern though, and your prayers, St_Worm.
This is the particular product that I use/have found works best for me. I used to get it from Puritan's Pride along with a number of the other supplements that I take, but I found it for less money at Amazon, so I buy it there.

81eZcXXodrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

WOW, that image is massive (I hope CFcom will reduce it in size after I post it ;)).

The 1 oz bottle is about $7, just FYI, so it's not horribly priced considering what it does :) You can also get it at health food stores and sometimes in grocery stores too.

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear about the recovery of your health :amen:

edit: Nope, unfortunately there was no reduction in the image size above after I posted it :sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

believerwithallmyheart

Site Supporter
May 21, 2013
New York
✟77,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, believer. I'm feeling a little better. My headache has lessened and my other symptoms make me think it could just be a bad cold. I'm downing a good deal of Vitamin C as well as other supplements to try and kick this. They seem to be having a positive effect. :pray:
Glad to hear you are getting better. I will keep praying.

Upvote 0