May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What do you support (laws, policies, practices, programs, ideas, etc.) that have an impact on reducing the number of abortions?

Whether it ever becomes completely illegal or not, I think most people agree that it's a bad thing when someone is faced with a pregnancy that they didn't want, so what do you support that diminishes the occurrences of that?

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Abstinence training goes a lot further than some people like to admit.

Beyond that we can't really teach responsibility. It's something people learn through experiences. Abortion not only destroys a nation it also enables generations without respect and a sense of that responsibility.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you support (laws, policies, practices, programs, ideas, etc.) that have an impact on reducing the number of abortions?

Whether it ever becomes completely illegal or not, I think most people agree that it's a bad thing when someone is faced with a pregnancy that they didn't want, so what do you support that diminishes the occurrences of that?

We should focus on these sins first:

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

After these are eliminated from our selves, then move on to abortion.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Keeping abortion safe and legal.
Proper sex education is a start.

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
We should focus on these sins first:

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

After these are eliminated from our selves, then move on to abortion.

So if your neighbor is being murdered you should just ignore it because you ate too much for dinner and therefore aren't perfect.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Comprehensive sex education in schools, coupled with easy access to birth control for those beyond the age of consent.

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
No. That is incorrect.

Now, do you have anything of value?

I find it interesting your policing me. I already gave my recommendation. I was replying to others who were saying that abortion shouldn't be lessened.

Which is, of course, not the point of the thread.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting your policing me. I already gave my recommendation. I was replying to others who were saying that abortion shouldn't be lessened.

Which is, of course, not the point of the thread.

I asked if you had anything of value.

Abstinence training has been found to be worse than useless.

Nothing else?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The OP is a bit of a trick question.

Like slavery before it, Fetal Rights is about recognition of their personhood (and their being fully accorded the rights as such).

And, like slavery, being property AND being a human are mutually exclusive notions. There is no middle ground, in terms of intent.

(The rare abortions performed out of medical necessity must still take the fetus' humanity into account.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Like slavery before it, Fetal Rights is about recognition of their personhood (and their being accorded the rights as such).

And, like slavery, being property AND being a human are mutually exclusive notions. There is no middle ground, in terms of intent.

(The rare abortions performed out of medical necessity must still take the fetus' humanity into account.)

So, no suggestions then..?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A middle-ground suggestion would have no fast foundation. A fetus is either property or a person. What would you propose that such a middle-ground entity should be known as, without affirming one extreme or the other?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The most effective way to reduce unwanted pregnancy and the abortions is widespread and easily available long term birth control. If pro life organizations want to reduce abortions they should be giving out more contraception than planned parenthood and health departments . That none are makes it impossible for me to take them seriously as they put getting people to adhere to their sexual ethics ahead of preventing what they claim is murder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Like slavery before it, Fetal Rights is about recognition of their personhood (and their being fully accorded the rights as such).

No suggestions then...?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.