Unsure where to start or how this sounds.

Very Confused

May 30, 2022
South East
✟16,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone,

so go easy with me i am new snd not sure were to post. Also please go easy on me for what i am struggling with.
Good place to start is I guess at the beginning.
A little while ago i was really struggling with some family problems and it really did destroy me for a while. To cope i used to walk sometimes endless around where I live, literally just around the streets with constant thoughts racing around my head.

One day and I genuinely do not know why i found myself walking around the church gardens where i was married 32 years ago and again unsure why i found myself sitting in the church. Stayed for about an hour didn't talk to anyone just sat thinking. Anyway from then on for around 3 weeks went back everyday at some point during my walk never spoke to anyone apart from a few good mornings. Now i better just say I don’t think i was going there for any other reason than it stopped me from just pounding the streets and gave me time to think, i never considered praying for help or anything because i just was not religious in any way. Ok i used to sit there constantly thinking to myself i really would do anything for all my problems to sort themselves out and for me to try and get back to some sort of life again. So now for the strange thing or at least one if them. After a while of me sitting there I suppose you could say talking to myself in my messed up head, one day i had what I actually thought was a headache starting. But it was a strange feeling because it didn’t actually hurt, it was more of a feeling like something was gently pushing on my head but from the inside Really really strange feeling that I suppose left me feeling sort of relaxed, and I appreciate how this will sound becyit certainly does to me. Anyway after about 3 weeks things did take a really really sudden turn for the better, which i just thought was due to things just getting better through time and nothing else. Hey ho absolutely great i get back to sort of normal and i will admit never went back in to the church.

So here we were a while down the line thinking everything had happened because it just did and something really really strange happened to me. Not just me but someone who is even more of a non believer than me.
The person in question is a neighbour of sort snd he asked me one day if i could get him some bits out of his loft because he just couldn’t manage anymore on account of his legs. He could get up the ladder but not actually get off it in to the loft. Anyway he went up it to open the loft for me and while doing so rather stupidly in slippers he lost a footing. Did not come off it but nearly. So as he lost his foot i instinctively grab his calf to stop his foot. Now the strange bit. He sort of just stopped and said something about my nails scratching him which anyone who knows me will say impossible because i bite them to the skin. So he gets down and as strange and unbelievable as this sounds tells me i must have squeezed his leg or something because all the pain had gone he says just like that. Lots of jokes made and no more thought of it.
I genuinely didn’t give it a thought until 5 days ago. My Grandson fell over while we were walking my dog. So being a typical 8 year old it was the worse pain ever, but i must admit he did go down hard on his shoulder. So i tried the normal grandad thing and gave it a big grandad rub. Well i just don’t know what went on but he suddenly says grandad whats that funny feeling from your fingers. 9 year olds way of describing and then he says thats cool grandad does hurt a bit. So I suppose i did sort of think about the feelings in my fingers after my neighbour sort of saying about the feeling in his leg but the thought soon went. Anyway i am to stop this massive post going to say for various there have been 4 other lets call them episodes of this apparent funny feeling from my fingers when i have touched people and i dont mean because i knew someone had something wrong but innocent things like shaking hands with someone who suffered apparently with bad pain in his hand snd so he says he now does not.
So my reason for coming here is anyone know what is going on here
I am a complete non believer in this sort of thing or at least i was. It has never ever in my 58 years happened before and i am absolutely baffled. As i said i never went in to the church looking for anything apart from a seat and a bit of peace and come away with very very strange feelings and bang my problems get better and now apparently my fingers give people funny feelings and help them with things. Just to be clear it doesn’t happen with everyone but people who seem to have an ache or pain or two. I am extremely confused snd after lots of looking on the internet even more so so thought I have asked elsewhere so why not here.
Apologies for waffling but trying to put this in to something thst makes sense is very hard for me.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are spiritual entities looking for a host.

This is dangerous territory because they have their own agenda and you become a pawn.

Get a bible and read about Jesus, His life and death and resurrection.

He claimed He came from the Creator of All and his rising from death confirmed this.

There is safety in Him spiritually.

You need to go there.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey thank you so much for your reply. I am very sorry to sound stupid but as someone who has never had anything to do with any this i don’t really understand what you mean.
I will I must admit extremely confused by everything
This life is about Christ; not about what good you can do or even what good you can do for Christ. Don't get sidetracked. Like @Carl Emerson said, go that direction.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone,

so go easy with me i am new snd not sure were to post. Also please go easy on me for what i am struggling with.
A little while ago i was really struggling with some family problems and it really did destroy me for a while. To cope i used to walk sometimes endless around where I live, literally just around the streets with constant thoughts racing around my head.

One day and I genuinely do not know why i found myself walking around the church gardens where i was married 32 years ago and again unsure why i found myself sitting in the church. Stayed for about an hour didn't talk to anyone just sat thinking. Anyway from then on for around 3 weeks went back everyday at some point during my walk never spoke to anyone apart from a few good mornings. Now i better just say I don’t think i was going there for any other reason than it stopped me from just pounding the streets and gave me time to think, i never considered praying for help or anything because i just was not religious in any way. Ok i used to sit there constantly thinking to myself i really would do anything for all my problems to sort themselves out and for me to try and get back to some sort of life again. So now for the strange thing or at least one if them. After a while of me sitting there I suppose you could say talking to myself in my messed up head, one day i had what I actually thought was a headache starting. But it was a strange feeling because it didn’t actually hurt, it was more of a feeling like something was gently pushing on my head but from the inside Really really strange feeling that I suppose left me feeling sort of relaxed, and I appreciate how this will sound becyit certainly does to me. Anyway after about 3 weeks things did take a really really sudden turn for the better, which i just thought was due to things just getting better through time and nothing else. Hey ho absolutely great i get back to sort of normal and i will admit never went back in to the church.

So here we were a while down the line thinking everything had happened because it just did and something really really strange happened to me. Not just me but someone who is even more of a non believer than me.
The person in question is a neighbour of sort snd he asked me one day if i could get him some bits out of his loft because he just couldn’t manage anymore on account of his legs. He could get up the ladder but not actually get off it in to the loft. Anyway he went up it to open the loft for me and while doing so rather stupidly in slippers he lost a footing. Did not come off it but nearly. So as he lost his foot i instinctively grab his calf to stop his foot. Now the strange bit. He sort of just stopped and said something about my nails scratching him which anyone who knows me will say impossible because i bite them to the skin. So he gets down and as strange and unbelievable as this sounds tells me i must have squeezed his leg or something because all the pain had gone he says just like that. Lots of jokes made and no more thought of it.
I genuinely didn’t give it a thought until 5 days ago. My Grandson fell over while we were walking my dog. So being a typical 8 year old it was the worse pain ever, but i must admit he did go down hard on his shoulder. So i tried the normal grandad thing and gave it a big grandad rub. Well i just don’t know what went on but he suddenly says grandad whats that funny feeling from your fingers. 9 year olds way of describing and then he says thats cool grandad does hurt a bit. So I suppose i did sort of think about the feelings in my fingers after my neighbour sort of saying about the feeling in his leg but the thought soon went. Anyway i am to stop this massive post going to say for various there have been 4 other lets call them episodes of this apparent funny feeling from my fingers when i have touched people and i dont mean because i knew someone had something wrong but innocent things like shaking hands with someone who suffered apparently with bad pain in his hand snd so he says he now does not.
I am a complete non believer in this sort of thing or at least i was. It has never ever in my 58 years happened before and i am absolutely baffled. As i said i never went in to the church looking for anything apart from a seat and a bit of peace and come away with very very strange feelings and bang my problems get better and now apparently my fingers give people funny feelings and help them with things. Just to be clear it doesn’t happen with everyone but people who seem to have an ache or pain or two. I am extremely confused snd after lots of looking on the internet even more so so thought I have asked elsewhere so why not here.
Apologies for waffling but trying to put this in to something thst makes sense is very hard for me.
So you are thinking these are healings ?

Upvote 0

Very Confused

May 30, 2022
South East
✟16,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey.

i genuinely have no idea. I have looked about the internet of course and yes that word has come up. But I just don’t understand how that can be and more confusing, why me. I just don’t understand any of it because me of all
People really doesn’t make any sense.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Had issues discerning the long post because you are confused, so no intent to understand was present, because you do not understand. (as you say)

From what I gathered, you wanted to attend church to have a place to sit and find peace.

What you received was confusion and strange feelings in your hand when you touch some people, but not all people.

What you are describing sounds like occult elements within the church system have taken hold of your body, and have started manifesting in a form of modalism oneness with other humans.

Modalism is a belief system counter to the trinity that teaches there is one God and the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are just modes of existence. When this is coupled with the Jesus prayer "may they be one as we are" it results in confusion in the senses. We see ourselves as an individual, but the modalist oneness does not respect this so signals not belonging to our experience flood through our body.

You might find the following creed helpful when feeling "lost"

(posting a new video, because original video was removed.)

Trinity applied (in human to human oneness) instead where the essence or person of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are respected, in the application, leaves us also with those healthy boundaries as we become one as God is one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
They might have been imaginary.
They might have been coincidental.
Thy might have been real.

Healings in the bible were for a sign. It doesn't sound like these were to convince anyone of anything.

If real or imagined, they might have had a Satanic source to deceive you into thinking more highly of yourself than you ought.

If real they may continue or stop. If they continue, you may be able to experiment in such a way to find out the limits.

If you are considering your own faith, you may wish to be guided more by truth than influenced by possible healings. Jesus said all who were "of the truth" would hear his voice. This may be a better path of inquiry to answer questions of faith.

Upvote 0

Very Confused

May 30, 2022
South East
✟16,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your replied. I really didn’t consider them as healings but whatever is or has happened it real. I appreciate how strange and stupid it probably all sounds but there have definitely been some more lets call them occurrences. The one that has made me question all of this this and ultimately join is my best friend my dog. He is 13.5 now and has for a while struggled with his rear end particularly his left leg that was diagnosed as cruciate ligament damage. Because of his age my vet advised no operating. So one of the things we do is leg manipulation and massage. Well as true as the earth is round when i did it for the first time after whatever as happened he yelp, he never had ever. Now after a week or so he is walking normally. As i have said i appreciate how this sounds, because i was the most sceptical of people when it came to this sort if thing. I had to try and get some answers because it genuinely has freaked me out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me of a time from over a decade ago, I was in a pretty freaked out at the time also. I conducted pain from others more often in a long distance way. I'd conduct other sensations also which was absurd. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Well, does it stand to reason that the God you're denying every day in how you live has given you some supernatural power to ease pain? Why would God do that? Would you use such a power for His purposes? No. You don't know Him and you don't love Him and have no motivation, then, to use such a power for God's ends. It isn't, then, from God that you received the strange feeling in your head while in church or the peculiar...ability you think you possess.

So, where, then, did these sensations and experiences come from? There's only one other option (except for it all being imagined): the devil. His demonic agents would love to get you embroiled in serving their agenda but thinking all the while that you're actually somehow an unwilling vessel through which God is communicating His power. Sensations are the stock-and-trade of demonic deception. A little bit of "energy" here, a smidgen of a tingle there, and it must be God - or, at least, some vague "higher power," which it is, just not the higher power who is God. And the devil laughs as you assume it's God who has touched you; for the devil knows what a horrendous surprise awaits you when you die and encounter God, not as a Friend, or Heavenly Father, but as your wrathful Judge, punishing your rebellion toward Him with eternal separation from Him in hell.

What's keeping you from a relationship with God? Why, when you're in a season of hardship, are you just walking the streets and sitting alone in a church? Why won't you yield yourself to your Maker and enjoy with Him the life He made you to live?

Upvote 0

Very Confused

May 30, 2022
South East
✟16,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply, even though I consider it very judgemental. You actually no nothing of my life or my thoughts. I have never in my whole life ever judged people for their belief’s, or would i. But just because i do not have the same beliefs as you does not mean i am a bad person. What happened to me happened. I do not know why or what it is but its real. To come up with the view that i have been touched by a devil is i feel completely out of the ball park. I joined on here to see if i could get some advice, insight call it whatever, but just because i do not think the same way as you does not make it right to give a reply like that.
Yes i have personal problems that made me want to walk and walk and walk and yes i went in to a church. As for a relationship with god and why wont i except him that is something for me to work out and something i am not saying will definitely not happen, but i as have tried to say i am extremely confused at the moment and while you may think believing in what you believe in will cure everything, i am just not sure yet and your post certainly does nothing to make my thoughts any different.
This world would never be the same again if everyone had the same beliefs so perhaps it is best not everyone does believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply, even though I consider it very judgemental.

Friend, there is no way to be a thinking person without making judgements almost constantly. You have yourself judged my remarks - and me - when you decided I was "judgmental." But this is in the nature of distinguishing among things, embracing some of them and rejecting others. A thinking, discerning person is necessarily a judgmental person.

You actually no nothing of my life or my thoughts.

Only the little you have shared. And it was only to those few things and what they imply that my comments were directed.

But just because i do not have the same beliefs as you does not mean i am a bad person.

My beliefs (the religious ones, anyway) are not my own; they aren't unique to me, derived from my own personal preferences and personality. My Christian worldview is taken up from the Bible, God's word, His special revelation of Himself to humanity. And the Bible says everybody is bad. Not as bad as they could be, of course, but we all of us possess the potential for enormous evil.

Romans 3:10-11
10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;

Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Ephesians 2:2-3
2 ...you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Consequently, there isn't a single person alive who hasn't violated their God-given conscience at some point, and been guilty of defying God's Moral Law. This is the Big Problem between God and Man: Each person is fouled by Sin but God is not. He's perfect and demands moral perfection from us, too. We want to compare ourselves to one another, setting the bar for ourselves as low as possible. "I'm not an axe-murderer," we point out, or defend ourselves by saying, "I've never robbed a bank or raped anyone." With this sort of a standard of comparison, most of us fare pretty well. But this standard, as I've said, isn't God's standard. His own moral perfection is the only standard He accepts.

1 Peter 1:15-16
15 but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
16 because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 2:5-11
5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:
7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.

John 3:35-36
35 "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

So, we all have a very Big Problem because one day, God has promised, we will stand before Him either as children before their loving Heavenly Father, or as rebellious sinners before their wrathful, holy Maker and Judge.

What happened to me happened. I do not know why or what it is but its real. To come up with the view that i have been touched by a devil is i feel completely out of the ball park.

Well, of course, you'd feel this way. Who wouldn't? No one wants to hear they've been tampered with by the demonic. But if its actually true, you can't afford to deny it. The devil is out only to "kill and destroy" us all.

I joined on here to see if i could get some advice, insight call it whatever, but just because i do not think the same way as you does not make it right to give a reply like that.

So, you wanted only replies that confirmed what you're already thinking? You just wanted people to encourage and applaud your situation? This is a sure way to find yourself deluded and deceived, friend. Hearing the hard truth from a person is often the best, the kindest thing you can encounter.

Proverbs 27:5-6
5 Better is open rebuke Than love that is concealed.
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.

Yes i have personal problems that made me want to walk and walk and walk and yes i went in to a church. As for a relationship with god and why wont i except him that is something for me to work out and something i am not saying will definitely not happen, but i as have tried to say i am extremely confused at the moment and while you may think believing in what you believe in will cure everything, i am just not sure yet and your post certainly does nothing to make my thoughts any different.

I wasn't aware you were looking for general answers about the Christian faith and God. You certainly didn't let on that this was the case in your OP. I've offered what clarity I think God's word might supply to you about the "thing" you believe you've obtained, but if you have questions about God and Christ, go ahead and ask them. I won't give you the answers you might want to hear, necessarily, but I will give you the "straight goods" from God Himself in His word, the Bible.

This world would never be the same again if everyone had the same beliefs so perhaps it is best not everyone does believe.

??? Not sure what your point is here... The world is a hot mess because most of the world denies God and His truth. If the entire world embraced Christ, truly embraced him, we'd all be living in Utopia. That's never going to happen, unfortunately. Human beings are notoriously rebellious and prideful - just as God has said they are - and hate the idea of being under God's control. And so, they make of themselves little "gods," essentially, and century after century, lie, cheat, betray, hate, persecute and kill one another.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bel
Hey everyone,

Beloved one, if you don’t want to be confused, just come to Jesus and He will give you understanding and certainty in your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone,

It may be God trying to get your attention. God loves us, each of us, even people who have never come to know him yet. Healing, and a feeling of warmth, or power, often comes with it. As I have prayed for people in the past have responded with exclamations they felt God touch them. What you need to be aware of is that any healing, or good thing that comes from God, comes as a result of 1) God's love for us, 2) a result of ,that and other truth as found in the bible.

God may be showing you that church is the place where healing occurs. He is the source of all healing, both for our emotions, and for others who may be hurting, or sick. I would suggest you start to read the bible, and attend church, God may start something in you.

Know that every good gift come down from God, if what is happening to you turns out to be a negative experience in any way, then question it's source. But regardless God loves you, and can use you in healing etc, as you get to know HIm and his word the bible. Note that is very important, God's words are in the bible.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply, even though I consider it very judgemental. You actually no nothing of my life or my thoughts. I have never in my whole life ever judged people for their belief’s, or would i. But just because i do not have the same beliefs as you does not mean i am a bad person. What happened to me happened. I do not know why or what it is but its real. To come up with the view that i have been touched by a devil is i feel completely out of the ball park. I joined on here to see if i could get some advice, insight call it whatever, but just because i do not think the same way as you does not make it right to give a reply like that.

KEEP IT SIMPLE...

Get a bible, read John while asking God to give you understanding.

Find a Church leader and get some prayer and advice.

Some of us have walked the lonely road with blood on their feet and can identify with your questions.

If you totally give your life to Him, He will clean you up and deal with confusion.

If you try and do it alone, you are easy picking for deceptive spirits and the result may not be pretty.

The Name of Jesus is the only source of dependable authority and Truth - let Him take over the issues and the questions - become a child in His care and life will change for the better more than you could ever imagine.

Upvote 0