Unsimplifiability, proves Darwin was not intent on developing a working theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hello,

So yes, there are standards that have to be kept.

A cohesive theory is one that sets out to complete what was undertaken, not beach halfway - in the context of Evolution, it is evident from the fact that it cannot be simplified, that Darwin was not intent on the theory culminating in something specifically meaningful: his thoughts were gibberish, in principle.

I can simplify the Bible - "it was, it began" - and if that was all that you ever knew about it, those words would still save you from a Hell separated from God - on the other hand it can be expanded into Old and New Testaments, with a fractal like quality, delimiting for how long you should ponder life and to what end. I can even over-simplify the Bible, but for that I receive the punishment associated with such an act, spiritually - if nothing else.

So we have two paths, before us: do we simply add to what was never intended to finish, completely foolishly? Or do we work with the text in which we have faith: regardless of how much is gained or lost in the manner we approached it? It is not necessarily given that these developments are irreversible: the unending can end, the ended can regrow - it is not determined that one steals our freedom or the other one grants it: only that something of some sort must happen, while we have time on Earth, lest the greater portion of what is possible now, be lost.

A working theory, is possible. It takes beginning and ending conditions and a determination not to let one settle without the other, when both are needed. If it can be simplified it be communicated and that can only be a good thing. Should we be trapped, we need to start again; should we be confused, we need to study more carefully. This is the process of engaging meaningfully with something that has been offered to have been understood - unless, pray tell, your understanding is itself to you a ruse? I pray with long suffering that this not be the case, but that your theory become more porous, more able to draw in and establish - where indeed all Christ, the very Creator, comes to a head.

Not that it is wrong to set out to have approached an unreconcilable digmatic, but that to call that digmatic the truth or more like it, is a forgery.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What I find interesting is how there is no evolutionist who can plainly explain evolution, its all in words that are not easy to understand and mixed up to a point that most fell stupid reading it so they figure its fact due to intelligent wording.

Then in all debates ever, they all say , you just don't understand it, or go back to school, or here is a complected article to read, but when we read it, its full of twists and turns with over educated words that do not lead to any evidence.

Its like reading a bank agreement.

Now through the years i have learned the trickery in the wording and know full well there all full of it.

And every article says its a theory, not fact.

But then, they call it fact in any argument.

Look at any old skeleton and you will see, no evolution.

Its not the fake pretend fossils that are no where to be looked at, its the old skeleton we look at.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I find interesting is how there is no evolutionist who can plainly explain evolution, its all in words that are not easy to understand and mixed up to a point that most fell stupid reading it so they figure its fact due to intelligent wording.

Then in all debates ever, they all say , you just don't understand it, or go back to school, or here is a complected article to read, but when we read it, its full of twists and turns with over educated words that do not lead to any evidence.

Now through the years i have learned the trickery in the wording and know full well there all full of it.

Its not the fake pretend fossils that are no where to be looked at, its the old skeleton we look at.

They do it on purpose as a form of deception.

It's the same thing as using complex math as a language to confuse and ripoff people seeing how most of the populous isn't going to even understand what they are saying. Stuff like Interests Rates, APR's Etc.

Reactions: Markstrimaran
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is somehow so very human to always blame others if you do not have capacity to understand interest rates, evolution, bank agreements or quantum mechanics.

I do not understand quantum mechanics but that does not mean that I hold every theoretical physicist to be an impostor engaged in trickery just because I choose not to invest enough of my time to learn the basics and figure out what they are talking about.

Also most people are not that stupid that they could not figure this stuff out ; some are and if you have a medical condition then you really need expert help with it.

However concepts like evolution, or interest rates or bank agreements can be broken in shorter concepts and they can be usually figured out if you take your time about it and research as necessary.

Most people with "it is all trickery" unfortunately choose not to. It is just easier to blame life or other people ; also intellectually lazy.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is somehow so very human to always blame others if you do not have capacity to understand interest rates, evolution, bank agreements or quantum mechanics.

I do not understand quantum mechanics but that does not mean that I hold every theoretical physicist to be an impostor engaged in trickery just because I choose not to invest enough of my time to learn the basics and figure out what they are talking about.

Also most people are not that stupid that they could not figure this stuff out ; some are and if you have a medical condition then you really need expert help with it.

However concepts like evolution, or interest rates or bank agreements can be broken in shorter concepts and they can be usually figured out if you take your time about it and research as necessary.

Most people with "it is all trickery" unfortunately choose not to. It is just easier to blame life or other people ; also intellectually lazy.

This whole post is nothing more than a thinly veiled insult and sophistry.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

• Canon 36 of the Council of Laodicea states:

"That members of the Sacerdocy and Clerics Must Not Be magicians or enchanters, or Mathematicians (i.e., Numerologists), or astrologers, or make what are called amulets, which are shackles for their souls; accordingly, we have bidden those wearing these things to be thrown out of the Church."

CHURCH FATHERS: Synod of Laodicea (4th Century)

council-of-nicea.jpg

Upvote 0

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married

Honest question: do you think the many Christians here who accept evolution, some of whom study it professionally, are trying to deceive you? What do you think they gain from this?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That members of the Sacerdocy and Clerics Must Not Be magicians or enchanters, or Mathematicians (i.e., Numerologists)

That is your rationale for not understanding interest rates your bank offers you ?

It almost looks like you think it is heresy to understand numbers and calculations. Very interesting.

Guess it is a good thing Council of Laodicea had nothing against the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is your rationale for not understanding interest rates your bank offers you ?

It almost looks like you think it is heresy to understand numbers and calculations. Very interesting.

Guess it is a good thing Council of Laodicea had nothing against the internet.

Using it as a way to confuse and deceive the unlearned and simple is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Using it as a way to confuse and deceive the unlearned and simple is wrong.

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness ?

Better to learn and understand so you do not get confused and deceived ?

How do you even know you if you are being deceived or not if you do not understand anything about the issue ?

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Better to learn and understand so you do not get confused and deceived ?

That's the thing though, the unlearned and simple don't know that they are being deceived.

The Lord uses people with illuminated minds and hearts to help protect these people and show them what's happening.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing though, the unlearned and simple don't know that they are being deceived.

The Lord uses people with illuminated minds to help protect these people and show them what's happening.

I presume since you are giving advice here without any understanding you count yourself as having "illuminated mind." ?

How does this illuminated mind manifest itself without any actual
knowledge of the subject ?

And how do we differentiate between those with "illuminated minds" and false prophets ?

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does this illuminated mind manifest itself without any actual
knowledge of the subject ?

The Lord can Illuminate someone's mind to see though deception, even if they only have a basic level of knowledge on a particular subject. This happens through spiritual means (The Holy Spirit)

And many times The Lord actually uses the unlearned to do so :

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
• 1 Corinthians 1:27

It's not always that way though. There are also respected Christian Scientists with Degrees and formal training and advanced knowledge on subjects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Lord can Illuminate someone's mind to see though deception, even if they only have a basic level of knowledge on a particular subject. This happens through spiritual means (The Holy Spirit)

And how would unlearned and simple person be able to tell that someone was an illuminated mind instead of someone meaning to decieve him ?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You want evolution explained in simple words? Okay.

If you have a population of animals, each individual will be slightly different. No two individuals will be exactly the same. Sometimes, these differences help the individual animal a little, and sometimes, the differences are a slight disadvantage.

If an individual has a difference that gives it a slight advantage, then this individual will be better able to withstand some pressure it is put under. It could be an advantage that gives it slightly more stamina, so it is more likely to escape when a predator attacks. Maybe it is better able to deal with droughts. But it will be more likely to survive long enough to produce offspring. Since the differences are caused by genes, and since genes are passed from parent to offspring, there's a good chance that the offspring will get the same genes that helped the parent. And so the offspring that get these genes will have the same advantage.

If the individual has a difference that hinders it - maybe it has slightly poorer eye sight, or it has a deficiency in its immune system - then this disadvantage is going to mean that the individual is more likely to die from this weakness than an individual that does not have that weakness. As such, it has a reduced chance of living long enough to reproduce. Since it is less likely that this disadvantaged individual is going to reproduce, it means that it is less likely that the genes that caused the disadvantage are going to be passed on.

So, the genes that help an animal survive the pressures it faces are going to have a better chance of being passed on and any genes that reduce an individual's ability to survive are less likely to be passed on. As a result, the genes that cause individuals to be better adapted to their environment will gradually spread throughout the population over many generations. A change that was once present in just one individual will end up being in ALL individuals.

When many such small changes occur, we will see the population evolving over many generations to have new adaptations that help them, will losing traits that do not help them.

If you think any part of that is wrong, please tell me which part.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And how would unlearned and simple person be able to tell that someone was an illuminated mind instead of someone meaning to decieve him ?

The Holy Spirit.

And if what they are being presented with goes against 1.) The Holy Scriptures, 2.) The Councils and teachings Of The Church or 3.) The Writings of The Holy Church Fathers.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the uneducated and simple person has the Holy Spirit to discern things what does he need a person with illuminated mind for ?

The Holy Spirit can work through both the unlearned and the learned Christian.

The learned Christians are usually able to help reach those in that particular field.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.