Unrepented sin of Adultery for the christian...what does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If a Christian has committed adultery and not repentive of it, does this mean they won't inherit the Kingdom of God? (go to be with Jesus if they die) or, could it be they are not truly born again?
I suppose God could (as an act of grace) preemptively forgive that sin. I'm not promising anything. Just suggesting that it's a theoretical possibility.

I base this on the likelihood that many people go into death with sins from which they have not had a chance to repent, for whatever reason. It might be that if someone lived long enough, eventually they'd see the error of their ways... but they get run over by a bus tomorrow so they didn't have a chance to do it.

The above is all guess work. I think best practice is to repent as soon as possible. I'm just saying that there could be hope but there's no guarantee. As with everything, ultimately God is the judge.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would a Christian not repent (when convicted of any sin...)?

Jesus said,
Behold, a sower went out to sow.
  • And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them.
  • Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away.
  • And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them.
  • But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” Matthew 13:3-9 NKJV

Meaning,
Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
  • When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
  • But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
  • Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
  • But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.” Matthew 13:18-23 NKJV
@Hannah66 , are you confusing the stony and thorny ground for Christians?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If a Christian has committed adultery and not repentive of it, does this mean they won't inherit the Kingdom of God? (go to be with Jesus if they die) or, could it be they are not truly born again?

Paul spoke to a situation very similar, and rebuked the Church for not handling the issue.

You say this person is a Christian, does the Pastor, and/or Church leaders know?

Read the entire Chapter and fully understand the gravity of the situation.
1 Cor. 5:1-13

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They left the Church after they left their wife to seek out adulterous relationship. Pastor of Church contacted them and they lied they were in an adulterous relationship. They blamed their spouse for them leaving.

Well, they may have repented of the adultery. They may believe that being faithful to their new wife is the right thing to do.

They no longer attend that church or any church and have interest in things of Buddhist religion.

That seems to be, by far, the more significant issue here. It seems to me that the man in this scenario is not a Christian, and probably never was.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hannah66
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Good question, only God really knows since it is up to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,409.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hannah, your position may well be the right one but you need to be super sure.

You need to know if your conviction to wait in hope is coming from faith or something else.

You will need to seek mature believers in person (not on CF) and lay out the situation and pray/fast over it with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin: for his seed remaineth in him, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (NCPB)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
My advice is move on. It takes time to get over it and seeing him with another woman hurts a lot. Just let go and forget about him. You can pray for him, sure, but you cannot be doing this forever for the rest of your life.

You decide.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The good news ... is that everyone gets what they want.

If he wants the kingdom of God, he shall have it.

If he wants other things, ... he shall have those things perhaps (for a time).

It is hard ... to have BOTH ...

• Informative
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't move on, I continue to pray for my former husband. I still love him,dearly.

That may be, but you are no longer married. What you had, difficult though it may be to admit, is over. He is not coming back.

And his soul is a matter between him and God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.