not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) — Director of Communications and Public Affairs in the Office of the Prime Minister Robert Morgan says the consultative process for the National Identification System (NIDS) “has been robust and unprecedented”.

“I think I can objectively say that the NIDS Bill has had more consultations than any other law that has ever been passed in the history of Jamaica. We have been consulting since 1979. We even tabled a Bill in the year 2000,” he said.

Morgan was addressing a meeting of the Rotary Club of downtown Kingston at the Hotel Four Seasons in St Andrew yesterday.

The NIDS, which seeks to establish a reliable identification system for Jamaica, is supported by the National Identification and Registration Bill.

Unprecedented consultations on NIDS Bill — OPM

*** Many persons in Jamaica do not understand the consequences of having a National I.D system. They have only been told the "benefits" of the National I.D system by the government over and over again. There has been no critical assessment of the National I.D system. Persons also are being taught that giving a way all their private information is actually protecting their private information which is not true. The more private information you give out, the more risk that this information will be compromised.

*** I wanted to share other areas of concern. Proponents of the National I.D system such as persons whose career is within the technology category, as well as business people, and some stakeholders, will monetarily benefit from having the National I.D card, including getting the chance to take their career to the next level so to speak. That is why in my opinion they will always support the National I.D system, no matter how intrusive and how unsafe it is. This is because they are benefiting from the National I.D system.

I came across the article below and have sinced wondered how many board members that has been approved, supports the National I.D system. Will this not be be a conflict of interest?

Thursday, April 07, 2016

52 boards approved by Cabinet

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Andrew Holness-led Administration has moved with alacrity in appointing to date 500 members of 52 boards of governmental agencies and institutions. In one sense this is commendable, as a great number of boards became vacant on the election of a new political party to office. As they say, the show must go on. But in another sense one must express regret at what seems to be the continuance of a policy that reflects our tribal, chequered political process since Independence.

Indeed, the way boards are appointed after each general election is part of the dysfunction of our Westminster style of politics, which sees the retrenchment of incumbent boards and the ascendancy of new members without due care being taken as to whether those being retrenched were doing a good job for the country or not.

But such is the character of our politics, that to the victor belongs the spoils. Therefore, those who vigorously supported Holness in his bid for Jamaica House expect to reap good dividends. They smell lucrative appointments, contracts and consultancies. Whether they qualify for a government contract or consultancy is of little moment. Party membership is all the qualification they need. And even if they are not card-carrying members of the party, their bona fides have to be clearly established in their robust support of the party. Such support will qualify them for a post as economic ambassador to some regions of the world, even though there may be more worthy candidates to consider if the "net" of appointment was cast wider.

Board appointments a reward for political loyalty

*** I need to additionally mention things that Jesus Christ has shown me in dreams.

The first one is in a dream God showed me the opposition Leader Peter Phillips was speaking at the podium to persons in a conference. Then he mentioned an example of someone whose identity was stolen and that is why we need the National I.D system.

Another dream God gave me a government worker came to me, she was uneasy and she said that the National I.D cards will be issued staring in December.

Yet another thing that God has shown me is Obama's connection to this I.D system. Where it seems as if he is working behind the scenes pushing this in Jamaica.

Last edited: