Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
https://au.news.yahoo.com/oxford-bans-clapping-jazz-hands-triggering-062556866.html

Students representatives at the University of Oxford in England passed a motion to replace clapping with “jazz hands” last week, hoping to make events such as graduations more inclusive for those who suffer from anxiety.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

There you go, I always thought that clapping made me a little anxious?

This movement was actually started by those suffering with tinnitus. I and they hate loud clapping. Please -- let's just blow kisses.

Join the cause and help us with the starting of the
"Blow A Kiss Movement."

You can't miss if you just Blow A Kiss.
M-Bob

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://au.news.yahoo.com/oxford-bans-clapping-jazz-hands-triggering-062556866.html

Students representatives at the University of Oxford in England passed a motion to replace clapping with “jazz hands” last week, hoping to make events such as graduations more inclusive for those who suffer from anxiety.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

There you go, I always thought that clapping made me a little anxious?

This movement was actually started by those suffering with tinnitus. I and they hate loud clapping. Please -- let's just blow kisses.

Join the cause and help us with the starting of the
"Blow A Kiss Movement."

You can't miss if you just Blow A Kiss.
M-Bob

Likely most of the graduates.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), an independent economic think tank, has ... students in England leave university with an average of £50,800 in debt. ... eight out of ten graduates will never pay back their full student loan.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Likely most of the graduates.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), an independent economic think tank, has ... students in England leave university with an average of £50,800 in debt. ... eight out of ten graduates will never pay back their full student loan.
It seems to me that rather than addressing the issue of pumping out 80% of their students who'll never fully pay back their loan, lets stop clapping at their graduation. In a way that seems completely appropriate. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What's next? Sporting events? Birthday parties? Baby showers?

For the tiny minority of people who actually have legitimate medical/mental conditions that could be triggered by clapping I'm sorry you have to go through life like this. I hope you can find actual safe spaces to protect you.

However I'm not for turning everywhere into sanitized safe spaces to accommodate small portion of you.

What happens for people who will get seizures by mass rapid movements of jazz hands? Do we ban that too? Introduce another form of acknowledgement?

There will be no end to this.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What is particularly aggravating is that the more society progress the more mentally fragile it becomes.

How many things have become problematic in the year 2019? OK hand gesture, he/her pronouns, genders and many many more things.

Worst part is the parties in position of power like politicians, government, education centers, tech companies and media are enforcing such logical lunacy.

I for one am truly tired of making any more accommodation and consession to this. There is a limit to the amount of stupidity I can take. Not an inch more.

Upvote 0