• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Universal Healthcare for all

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by SkyWriting, Sep 9, 2021.

1. The happy Objectivist

The happy Objectivist Well-Known Member

+176
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    No, it's a matter of facts that are discoverable and that is what courts are for, to discover the available facts and to act accordingly and impartially.

Yes, in the case where the government doesn't do the job we delegate to it, then it falls on each man to defend himself and his property, which he has an absolute right to do. One can not delegate a right that one does not have in the first place.

The government would only have the right to use force against you if you started its use, just as you only have the right to use force in self-defense.

2. The happy Objectivist

The happy Objectivist Well-Known Member

+176
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Are the Tea Party true conservatives?

3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    Oh, so now we add in the fickleness of the court system which already renders one decision only to have it overturned by a higher court and who knows what at a still higher court. Or else the courts refuse to hear the case at all.

You want this to be clear cut, but it never can be, not using this instigator and retaliator system that renders this supposedly tidy system of determining right and wrong no better than what we have at present.

Doesn't that mean that the Objectivist system of justice is negated?

Which I have to say again, is a matter of opinion in most cases...and then if it is posited that the government shall decide who is correct about it, you've returned absolute power to the state.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,964
    Anglican
    Married
    The Tea Party members strike me as being a collection of people who are generally conservative or conservative in the aggregate; but there's no blood test for membership and the participants are definitely a mixture.

5. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,932
    Atheist
    The history of human conflict is the history of claims that "They started it!"

But what counts as force, and who decides? does a pickpocket use force? a hacker? squatters? a con-man? Would you be justified in using force against them to regain your property? If you're planning or plotting to use force, can the government (or anyone else) pre-emptively use force against you?

6. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,101
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    If you asked the world for a vote, I'm sure, there'll be a lot more people voting for socialized healthcare. There's a lot more poor people in the world who badly need quality healthcare.

It can be traumatic ordeal to lose a loved one because quality healthcare is unaffordable. I was one of those. Left us a huge debt and me in mental wreck. I even lost most of my clients because I can't do my job properly anymore from the ordeal. I have contemplated suicide a few times even. My grandfather did commit suicide as self-euthanasia due to cancer, they couldn't afford hospital either.

Quality Universal Education is also critically needed while you're at it. You will have more pressing overpopulation problems with universal healthcare. Lack of quality education is strongly correlated to excessively high fertility rates.