United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Dont!

You cant walk on water my dear friend!

Stick to the path on either side.....:p
Even I have to go out for my daily walk!
Haha yes, I haven't quite learned how to walk on water yet! :)
Going to have some tea, switch on the telly and watch the next instalment from Bozza.....

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Listening to Boris Johnson was a bit like sitting in the headmaster's office, but his speech this evening will radically transform the way we live our everyday lives.

- We are to stay at home, unless our work is essential.
- We are only to go out to buy essential goods. Shops selling non-essential goods will be closed.
- No visiting friends or family.
- No public gatherings of more than two people, and the two people must be those who are living together in the same house
- Police have powers to disperse gatherings and fine those who do not comply.

These drastic measures will be with us for some time and I hope they are effective in combatting the spread of Covid-19.
South Africa last night too - pretty much the same restrictions.

Our president doing an OUTSTANDING job.

My sister-in-law is on the frontlines in the UK in a Covid hospital in London. The amount of work she's putting in... and she's seen some hectic stuff.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Seems quieter out. Lock down or not, i still need to have my morning walk!
We're on lockdown, but are allowed to go for a walk (keeping 6 ft. apart). I went for a walk and it was a beautiful day.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
We're on lockdown, but are allowed to go for a walk (keeping 6 ft. apart). I went for a walk and it was a beautiful day.
I did my daily exercise today! Our local park is always empty, hardly a soul in sight!

IMG_20200325_140136.jpg

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Looks like a nice day there too!
It's fabulous - sun shining. I live in Walsall, UK, which never usually feels that "busy" anyway, but today almost totally deserted. Hardly any cars either. Feels like the early morning dawn and everyone's still asleep! I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet!

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's fabulous - sun shining. I live in Walsall, UK, which never usually feels that "busy" anyway, but today almost totally deserted. Hardly any cars either. Feels like the early morning dawn and everyone's still asleep! I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet!
Ahh Walsall! When I was a kid I loved the Arboretum. What is it like now? Send us some pics of it sometime please. I was a Brummie so visited it frequently in the summer as it had the best paddling pools (to a kid) and then for the lights in winter. There were peacocks too. The play area was fantastic. My brother and I liked the horse thing that you could ride back and forth. :)

I remember one time, when I was a teen, my brother threw a plastic boomerang. It hit my dad's jeans. He turned around to pick it up and his jeans split open quite a bit. It was busy and quite a walk to the car :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
No blasphemy intended here...

Thank God it's not Theresa residing at number 10. I know things are looking as depressing as a Ryvita right now, but BOY could it have been so much worse.

I'm backing Boris. That man has literally gone from a blithering idiot to a Churchill-esque hero within a matter of days.

He stepped up and ascended to a new level - at a point when I think most would have faulted by now.
But just imagine of it was Corbyn aided by Diane Abbott at the helm. Aaaarrrgg

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Ahh Walsall! When I was a kid I loved the Arboretum. What is it like now? Send us some pics of it sometime please. I was a Brummie so visited it frequently in the summer as it had the best paddling pools (to a kid) and then for the lights in winter. There were peacocks too. The play area was fantastic. My brother and I liked the horse thing that you could ride back and forth. :)

I remember one time, when I was a teen, my brother threw a plastic boomerang. It hit my dad's jeans. He turned around to pick it up and his jeans split open quite a bit. It was busy and quite a walk to the car :D
Hi Sam. It might have changed a bit since you were last there. It's still not the prettiest of towns, quite run down in places, but there are some gems like the new canalside development, and the Arbo which has been extended with a new country park linking the town to the countryside. The illuminations don't take place there anymore, but you've still got the pedalos and the ducks!
It's gone very quiet now we're in lockdown. Shops are closed everywhere and hardly anyone about!

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sam. It might have changed a bit since you were last there. It's still not the prettiest of towns, quite run down in places, but there are some gems like the new canalside development, and the Arbo which has been extended with a new country park linking the town to the countryside. The illuminations don't take place there anymore, but you've still got the pedalos and the ducks!
It's gone very quiet now we're in lockdown. Shops are closed everywhere and hardly anyone about!
Yeah I left Birmingham in 1997 and England in 2001. Walsall was prettier than Kingstanding where I grew up. We moved to Lichfield and that has pretty parts..

The Arboretum holds a special place in my heart. Stay safe during the lockdown. I just wish more places were shut so we can slow this virus a little. At least until we have more ventilators, more staff trained to use them, more PPE and better planning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I left Birmingham in 1997 and England in 2001. Walsall was prettier than Kingstanding where I grew up. We moved to Lichfield and that has pretty parts..
Oh yes - I know Kingstanding very well. When I was in Sutton, I used to cross the park and go to the Toby a lot and there was a nice chippy on the Circle. I reckon Sutton Park will be busy now with cyclists and runners doing their daily exercises - 2 metres apart of course! ;-)

I love Lichfield, especially the Cathedral which is the heart of our diocese. Love the services there, especially the Eucharist. It'll be closed now, but I'm following all their news on their social feeds as well as their weekly live streaming.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yes - I know Kingstanding very well. When I was in Sutton, I used to cross the park and go to the Toby a lot and there was a nice chippy on the Circle. I reckon Sutton Park will be busy now with cyclists and runners doing their daily exercises - 2 metres apart of course! ;-)
I loved Sutton Park too. We visited in 2018. We tried to use their restaurant but we realised that we weren't dressed according to their guidelines.

I completely forgot that chipshop existed! But yh that was good fish and chips. As a kid we always loved saveloys. The Scots don't even know what they are. (I don't even know if they taste nice to grown ups lol)

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I love Lichfield, especially the Cathedral which is the heart of our diocese. Love the services there, especially the Eucharist. It'll be closed now, but I'm following all their news on their social feeds as well as their weekly live streaming.
I loved the Cathedral too. I especially loved doing my paper round just outside it. If I was quick enough I could get there in time for the 7am bells. I went there one Christmas eve for the midnight service. The atmosphere was amazing.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I loved Sutton Park too. We visited in 2018. We tried to use their restaurant but we realised that we weren't dressed according to their guidelines
It's the best place to be when you're on lockdown! It's so huge - takes an hour to cross it, whatever direction you take. I frequently got lost in the woods. We still occasionally go to M&C Restaurant, nice steaks - even if a bit pricey! Will probably go back when everything's up and running again!

I'll PM you tomorrow. I've got quite a few photos of Walsall and the Black Country, as well as Lichfield and Sutton. I'll send you a link to the photo galleries!

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's the best place to be when you're on lockdown! It's so huge - takes an hour to cross it, whatever direction you take. I frequently got lost in the woods. We still occasionally go to M&C Restaurant, nice steaks - even if a bit pricey! Will probably go back when everything's up and running again!
I was fortunate growing up to live near enough to it to cycle to it and all the way around it. I was disappointed to see so much algae in one of the ponds the other year. We used to fish there too. I was pleased to see kids still paddle near Wyndley gate. (I always get the names of the gates muddled up.)

My other favourite park was Barr Beacon. That had a mud BMX track near it. Do you know it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'll PM you tomorrow. I've got quite a few photos of Walsall and the Black Country, as well as Lichfield and Sutton. I'll send you a link to the photo galleries!
Thank you very much!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
My friends in England said the weather has been nice

I did my daily exercise today! Our local park is always empty, hardly a soul in sight!

View attachment 273677

Pretty picture Anthony, and I'm glad that there weren't many people around, because some places seem to be too busy for the social distancing measures, judging by the news.

It's been a lovely day here in Cheshire. I didn't go out, but got the washing dry and my neighbours and I had a socially-distanced drink early evening in our gardens. I hope we're allowed to do that. It was my next-door neighbour's first day of working at home and I think it took some readjustment for her.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Pretty picture Anthony, and I'm glad that there weren't many people around, because some places seem to be too busy for the social distancing measures, judging by the news.

It's been a lovely day here in Cheshire. I didn't go out, but got the washing dry and my neighbours and I had a socially-distanced drink early evening in our gardens. I hope we're allowed to do that. It was my next-door neighbour's first day of working at home and I think it took some readjustment for her.

That sounds lovely. I don't drink yet, maybe this is the time to start, lol. it sounds relaxing. We have really nice neighbours but I haven't seen much of them since this started bc the weather has kinda been crummy but maybe if it got nicer we could do what you're doing! That would be fun to raise your glass to your neighbour!

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The man has not changed. He always was more of a thinking man than the press and opposition tried to portray him . I spoke to him at length a few years ago. He was very perceptive.

May was useless, never a leader, only an administrator. I too am glad she is gone.

The majority Boris now has is important to avoid dither.
Without it labours loony left would have extracted ridiculous concessions to get any package agreed. Like Nancy Pelosi, they would have tried to hijack the crisis for party political ends.

But as for suspending eucharist? I am not so sure.

The idea that God needs mans Help at a time like this? That is our supernatural food. (the common translation "daily bread" always was misleading!)
Thinking we must not take it for fear of the consequence is setting ourselves over God who is already "much offended by the indifferences, outrages and sacriliges". So we are told at Fatima.

Suspending the eucharist sounds arrogance to me. The idea that we have any control, and are better at it than God.

A catholic view of this.. As a student of history, the leaders of france were given 100 years to sort themselves out with the messages of Margaret Mary. They didnt. The revolution started. It is now 100 years since Fatima. At Akita the same messages from Fatima were reinforced 30 years ago. God very offended. Sister agnes of Akita came out of obscurity with another message just days before the coronavirus first case.

Since the "lady of fatima" was right about russia spreading errors round the world, even before the russian revolution had got going, was right about the "unknown light" that preceded a "worse war in the pontificate of Pius" (who had yet to become pope, and died shortly after the 1938 so called aurora which heralded WWII. Same lady was right when she came to Kibeho to predict the "rivers of blood" that would flow in Rwanda unless man changed his ways, there would she said "be so many bodies there would be none left to bury them". Then the genocide happened. Unthinkable at the time the prophecy was made. So when she said at Akita "the living will envy the dead".

It is scary what might now happen....

But in summary, shunning the eucharist because we think we know better than God what is needed, is arrogance in the extreme. A world which has recently made abortion on demand, and destroyed the normal form of marriage, has sideline the church, with even bishops questioning conventional dogma of faith.

Repent for the outrages against God, pray for sinners, make sacrifices, is what we are called to do. Mans response is further indifference.

No blasphemy intended here...

Thank God it's not Theresa residing at number 10. I know things are looking as depressing as a Ryvita right now, but BOY could it have been so much worse.

I'm backing Boris. That man has literally gone from a blithering idiot to a Churchill-esque hero within a matter of days.

He stepped up and ascended to a new level - at a point when I think most would have faulted by now.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The man has not changed. He always was more of a thinking man than the press and opposition tried to portray him . I spoke to him at length a few years ago. He was very perceptive.

... the leaders of france were given 100 years to sort themselves out with the messages of Margaret Mary. They didnt. The revolution started. It is now 100 years since Fatima. At Akita the same messages from Fatima were reinforced 30 years ago. God very offended. Sister agnes of Akita came out of obscurity with another message just days before the coronavirus first case.

Since the "lady of fatima" was right about russia spreading errors round the world, even before the russian revolution had got going, was right about the "unknown light" that preceded a "worse war in the pontificate of Pius" (who had yet to become pope, and died shortly after the 1938 so called aurora which heralded WWII. Same lady was right when she came to Kibeho to predict the "rivers of blood" that would flow in Rwanda unless man changed his ways, there would she said "be so many bodies there would be none left to bury them". Then the genocide happened. Unthinkable at the time the prophecy was made. So when she said at Akita "the living will envy the dead".

It is scary what might now happen....

... even bishops questioning conventional dogma of faith.

Repent for the outrages against God, pray for sinners, make sacrifices, is what we are called to do. ...

Thank you so much Mountainmike for all your insights.

France laboured under Berulleanism which Popes didn't dare declare heretical. Priests had to mirror the Sun King. Many humble people kept true faith in their hearts.

I urge forum readers to research what happened in Austria in 1955.

Upvote 0