United Airlines mandates covid vaccines for its US employees (msn.com)

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
  • Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When we stop trusting in God, we must look to man for a remedy.
I guess you don't work, then... You don't need to remedy your own financial situation if you trust in God, right? Just trust God, don't get a job or work, and He will send you money or food or a home or all of those. He expects us to never have to take care of ourselves in any way at all.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or maybe God expects us to trust him to remedy our own situations for ourselves?
There is no harm in trying to remedy things ourselves....If that fails, we can turn to God and he will fix what we could not fix ourselves. Take the woman with the issue of blood......she first spent all her money on doctors.....then went to Jesus after..... She was healed all the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you don't work, then... You don't need to remedy your own financial situation if you trust in God, right? Just trust God, don't get a job or work, and He will send you money or food or a home or all of those. He expects us to never have to take care of ourselves in any way at all.
Preach! couldnt of said it better myself.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re preaching heresy.
This is a good comment for getting "likes." But does nothing for starting a conversation or proving that you have any knowledge pertaining to the conversation you entered......:yawn:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a good comment for getting "likes." But does nothing for starting a conversation or proving that you have any knowledge pertaining to the conversation you entered......:yawn:

God never promised to hold your hand through life, healing you of everything and protecting you from everything. The verse is “I can do all things through christ who strengthens me,” not “I can offload all things to Christ who coddles me and spoils me rotten.”

The concept you espoused is heresy that I doubt you or anybody else I’ve seen employ it apply in other contexts that don’t have some conveniently-aligned political overtones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God never promised to hold your hand through life, healing you of everything and protecting you from everything. The verse is “I can do all things through christ who strengthens me,” not “I can offload all things to Christ who coddles me and spoils me rotten.”

God does promise to always be with us:

"....be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

" There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

God does want us to offload things to him so that he can cuddle:

"6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

It seems that this "worry about your life, do things on your own and dont wait for God" Doctrine you are preaching is, in fact, the heresy...

The concept you espoused is heresy that I doubt you or anybody else I’ve seen employ it apply in other contexts that don’t have some conveniently-aligned political overtones.

As expected, you've moved from conversation based on facts or experience or scripture, to trying to degrade others words by placing them in an unfavorable category and/or persuading others that they have negative motives and no experience.

Seems as though you do not care about truth outside of your own.....and wish to just shoot down every other balloon in the sky so you can say "My balloon is the only one left, therefore I am right!"

If you wish to discuss truth and experience, we can continue.......however, if you only wish to crucify and yell blasphemy....maybe we should call it a day.

Note that every time Jesus spoke in the church, people yelled heresy, and blasphemy. nothing new under the sun. I still do not understand what made them yell Heresy instead of simply reasoning with Jesus to understand His point of view....or at least just hear Him out. Maybe pride?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Preach! couldnt of said it better myself.
I was being sarcastic. It goes directly against God to reject the things He provides to us in the hopes He will provide something more "easy" for us.

Like money, home, food... God provides those but He has given us the gifts and talents to use to acquire them. Those who don't use those gifts and don't work will not get those things from God because they are disobeying Him.

Same with the vaccine. He gave us that (like He gives us other medical solutions to our illnesses and injuries). To reject that blessing in the hopes that He will provide an even "easier" and more magical cure is going against what He has taught us. It is an affront to God and a sin to reject the vaccine for invalid reasons (like any political ones) and then expect Him to take care of us after throwing back in His face the gift He has already provided.

Just like the man who is stranded on an island and God sends a boat and the man says, "No thanks, I'll trust in God to save me!" the people who reject the vaccine are rejecting the life-saving gift from God. The man on the island died because he rejected the boat God sent and many who reject the vaccine have died ad will die for rejecting the life-saving gift of vaccination God sent.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was being sarcastic. It goes directly against God to reject the things He provides to us in the hopes He will provide something more "easy" for us.

Like money, home, food... God provides those but He has given us the gifts and talents to use to acquire them. Those who don't use those gifts and don't work will not get those things from God because they are disobeying Him.

Same with the vaccine. He gave us that (like He gives us other medical solutions to our illnesses and injuries). To reject that blessing in the hopes that He will provide an even "easier" and more magical cure is going against what He has taught us. It is an affront to God and a sin to reject the vaccine for invalid reasons (like any political ones) and then expect Him to take care of us after throwing back in His face the gift He has already provided.

Just like the man who is stranded on an island and God sends a boat and the man says, "No thanks, I'll trust in God to save me!" the people who reject the vaccine are rejecting the life-saving gift from God. The man on the island died because he rejected the boat God sent and many who reject the vaccine have died ad will die for rejecting the life-saving gift of vaccination God sent.
Sounds about right.....but is it? There is a way that seemest right to man......but does this mean that those ways will not end in death?

Moses Gave the children of Israel a way to divorce because of their ways...Does this mean that divorce is desired by God and Moses? We are also given a way out of marriage in the NT....does this mean God wants us to use it every chance we get?

Just because God provides a way out for those who do not believe.....doesnt mean that He would like for them to remain unbelievers.

When a broken leg is healed and one begins to cast the crutches aside and walk on their own.....does he begin to bash and hate the crutch because he no longer needs it? Would the one still on the crutch tell one, who no longer needs them, that he should not have faith in the strength of his leg and continue to use the crutch? Does one who does not need the crutch, tell another that he should stop using them as well, not knowing whether or not they have the strength to walk on their own?

I find no fault in your vaccine, or the fact that you need it.....Neither would I try to get you to feel you dont need it.....because you do.

But there are a few who do not....those who, by faith, have risen above sickness and can do without it.

It is unadvisable to try to make those who have proven that their legs are strong enough to walk without crutches....., get back on the crutch.

Let those who have put aside the crutch, respect and understand those that need to go a few more weeks on them. Amen.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds about right.....but is it? There is a way that seemest right to man......but does this mean that those ways will not end in death?

Moses Gave the children of Israel a way to divorce because of their ways...Does this mean that divorce is desired by God and Moses? We are also given a way out of marriage in the NT....does this mean God wants us to use it every chance we get?

Just because God provides a way out for those who do not believe.....doesnt mean that He would like for them to remain unbelievers.

When a broken leg is healed and one begins to cast the crutches aside and walk on their own.....does he begin to bash and hate the crutch because he no longer needs it? Would the one still on the crutch tell one, who no longer needs them, that he should not have faith in the strength of his leg and continue to use the crutch? Does one who does not need the crutch, tell another that he should stop using them as well, not knowing whether or not they have the strength to walk on their own?

I find no fault in your vaccine, or the fact that you need it.....Neither would I try to get you to feel you dont need it.....because you do.

But there are a few who do not....those who, by faith, have risen above sickness and can do without it.

It is unadvisable to try to make those who have proven that their legs are strong enough to walk without crutches....., get back on the crutch.

Let those who have put aside the crutch, respect and understand those that need to go a few more weeks on them. Amen.
Do you drink, smoke, or use drugs?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you drink, smoke, or use drugs?
This is a strange thing to ask a Christian on a Christian forum. But yes, I do like communion wine.....not the taste.....but the experience of drinking it from the glass. A hard pass on the smoking and drugs.

Is there a point you were trying to make?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a strange thing to ask a Christian on a Christian forum. But yes, I do like communion wine.....not the taste.....but the experience of drinking it from the glass. A hard pass on the smoking and drugs.

Is there a point you were trying to make?
If you have faith in God to keep you healthy then why not smoke and do drugs? Or do you not have faith in Him?

How about jumping off tall buildings - is your faith in God strong enough that you can jump off a tall building and trust Him to keep you safe?

Do you drive without a seat belt? Do you stop at red lights? Or do you have faith in God to keep you safe as you drive through red lights without a seatbelt?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very strange line of questioning.

If you have faith in God to keep you healthy then why not smoke and do drugs? Or do you not have faith in Him?

I dont smoke or do drugs because they do not interest me....not necessarily because I think I'd die if I did it. Plenty of people do those things and live longer than some who do not.

The idea that I would try things deemed dangerous simply because I am protected by God, is preposterous. I will only do what I genuinely desire to do so that My joy may be full.

I have tried Him in the past to know for myself.....now I have no more reason to try him.....

Have you tried Him? If I gave you something to do to test him for yourself, would you do it as fast as you tried this, before, untested vaccine?

How about jumping off tall buildings - is your faith in God strong enough that you can jump off a tall building and trust Him to keep you safe?

Who said I never jumped off a building before? Or walked on water, or flew? it is best that we only talk about things that you can currently wrapped your head around....

Lets talk about moving pebbles before we talk about moving the mountain..... It would be a waste of time otherwise.

Do you drive without a seat belt? Do you stop at red lights? Or do you have faith in God to keep you safe as you drive through red lights without a seatbelt?

All of these things are required by law.....and most of us have done these things on accident and lived after. God can do much greater things.... time to start dreaming bigger...and greater.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I dont smoke or do drugs because they do not interest me....not necessarily because I think I'd die if I did it. Plenty of people do those things and live longer than some who do not.

The idea that I would try things deemed dangerous simply because I am protected by God, is preposterous. I will only do what I genuinely desire to do so that My joy may be full.

I have tried Him in the past to know for myself.....now I have no more reason to try him.....

Have you tried Him? If I gave you something to do to test him for yourself, would you do it as fast as you tried this, before, untested vaccine?

Who said I never jumped off a building before? Or walked on water, or flew? it is best that we only talk about things that you can currently wrapped your head around....

Lets talk about moving pebbles before we talk about moving the mountain..... It would be a waste of time otherwise.

All of these things are required by law.....and most of us have done these things on accident and lived after. God can do much greater things.... time to start dreaming bigger...and greater.
Just curious - why are you telling me any (let alone all) of what you're telling me?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is why I avoid or have disassociated with Christians that lean to heavily on God on their everyday decision making. In fact, some of it are outright lies, when they simply did not WANT to do something (their willful decision) they spin it and said, "God said I shouldn't do that anymore". I'm like"No, you just had no interest in doing that anymore".

And this would be something benign like going out on a date or something.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is why I avoid or have disassociated with Christians that lean to heavily on God on their everyday decision making. In fact, some of it are outright lies, when they simply did not WANT to do something (their willful decision) they spin it and said, "God said I shouldn't do that anymore". I'm like"No, you just had no interest in doing that anymore".

And this would be something benign like going out on a date or something.
This is it ladies and gentlemen. We are definitely in the last days. Men call good evil and evil good.

Today it is frowned upon to "lean to heavily on God on their everyday decision making."

Which scripture, that I posted, do you believe to be lies?

Nothing i said needs to be taken by faith like your statements. Have you tried trusting in Him? If not, you should give it a go before bashing it....you might get surprised.

Upvote 0