New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's just another way of phrasing it. Each of the persons of the Trinity is still God. The Father is not the Son, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father, but all of them are still God. Calling the Messiah "God" is not only accurate, it's biblical (John 1 describes the Messiah as the Word made flesh, which by the definition of who the Word is in that chapter makes the Messiah God.). They're also not three separate beings "united in purpose" (which is what Mormonism teaches).

I say "persons" because each person of the Trinity is not just an aspect of God that appears at specific junctures. Persons of the Trinity may appear together (Matthew 3:16-17 features both the Son and the Holy Spirit being present at the same time). The Father and the Son also converse at many points throughout the Gospels.

God is tripersonal. The closest way to explain it that I have found is in looking at a cube. The cube is made of squares, but it is still a single shape. (Please note that this analogy of a cube is not a perfect description, as we cannot properly understand a being who is composed in a multi-personal manner. Our own experiences of personhood lead us to assume that multiple persons must equal one being, but this is not so for God. It is a divine mystery.)

There's nothing to reconcile here. Colossians 1:16-17 states, "For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Here, the idea of Christ as the firstborn is tied to His position as God—He is firstborn, but He is not created and is held distinct from all created beings. He is not an image-bearer of God in the sense that humans are. He is image-bearer in the sense that He is God (creator and Lord of all things) in the Flesh.

I doubt it. In John 17:5, Jesus states that He existed before the beginning of world (and thus, since before time).
Congrats on being the only person able to effectively state and defend our faith.

Upvote 0