• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Unitarianism/Trinitarianism

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Zachm531, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Curious as to what you guys think about this. If a person is a trinitarian and believes that Jesus IS God, when he is NOT. Would that person go to hell? and visa versa, if a unitarian believes that Jesus was the Son of God but NOT God himself, when he is. Would that person go to hell? Many times in the scriptures we see that anyone who believes on the name of Jesus shall not perish but have everlasting life, but, it does not say we need to believe that he is or is not God, only that we must believe he is the Son of God. Thoughts?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Active Member

+339
    Other Religion
    I'd like to think that as long as you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose again, you're good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Not David

Not David Der Romisch Katechumene

+4,741
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I know God will judge an Unitarian righteously if he didn't know better, yet if he/she used to be Trinitarian, Lord have mercy on them.

4. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+33,585
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    John 20: NASB

26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed arethey who did not see, and yet believed.”

5. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+599
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    providing you believe in and trust in his promise to save you.

6. R. Genevieve

R. Genevieve Member

+250
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I think that as Christians it matters what we believe regarding Jesus. It's one thing to say, "I believe in Jesus," but what is it we believe about Him? Was He a prophet? Does He just represent a concept of how we ought to live our lives? Was He a madman?

John 1 expressly states that Jesus was God in the flesh—divine, yet human. It also draws a distinction between Christ's nature as God's Son and our own natures as God's adoptive children. As followers of Christ, this is important for us to understand.

All that said, I think there is one thing that matters less in regards to arguments over Christ's nature. If you ask me, the argument over Miaphysitism (pardon me if I spelled that wrong) and the Hypostatic Union only comes down to how you prefer to phrase things. In the end, we both believe that Christ is both fully God and Man. I could be wrong to think that, and if anyone wants to contradict me on that, then feel welcome to.

7. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,884
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    But Jesus is the Son of God, He is God the Son. What's the issue again?

8. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Lets see the scripture that says he is God the Son

9. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Id be careful saying “God the Son” that promotes the idea that there are 3 Gods. God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit. Its 1 God with the aspects or persons- God the Father, the Son of God(Messiah) and the Spirit of God

10. ~Zao~

~Zao~ Wisdom’s child Supporter

+924
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The name is the character. Christ’s character, in His sinlessness, if He were to not be God, that would make scripture false since no one could make good of the law. "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.”
    dikaióō​
    (from dikē, "right, judicial-approval") – properly, approved, especially in a legal, authoritative sense; to show what is right, i.e. conformed to a proper standard (i.e. "upright").
    The believer is "made righteous/justified" (1344 /dikaióō) by the Lord, cleared of all charges (punishment) related to their sins. Moreover, they are justified (1344 /dikaióō, "made right, righteous") by God's grace each time they receive (obey) faith (4102 /pístis), i.e. "God's inwrought persuasion" (cf. the -oō ending which conveys "to bring to/out"). See 1343 (dikaiosynē).​
    None of that would have happened w/o the incarnation (immanuel ~ God with us)

11. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I understand and agree, but if a unitarian believes that Jesus was the Messiah, died, was burried and raised from the dead for our sins but does not think Jesus was God. Is he saved?

12. ~Zao~

~Zao~ Wisdom’s child Supporter

+924
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I don’t think he would ‘know’ his saviour.

Philippians 3:10
    that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

Philippians 3:8
    More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  13. Michael Collum

+4,884
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    No it doesn't. God the Son is a statement meaning one of the persons in the trinity model, go google it.

14. Michael Collum

+4,884
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That one.

John 10
    30 I and my Father are one.
    31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

15. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Yeah that no where says "God the Son" it isnt three different gods....
    God the Father
    God the Son
    +God the Spirit
    ------------------
    3 Gods

The Father
    The Son
    +The Holy Spirit
    ----------------
    1 God-3 persons

16. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,191
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    Well, you compromise every point of the gospel if you deny Christ's divinity as con-substantial with the Father.

17. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I agree. But my question is not which belief is the correct belief BUT, is the incorrect belief still saved?

18. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,191
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    I answered that question already.

19. Zachm531

Zachm531 Member

+106
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    where?

20. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,191
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    You call yourself a Baptist, is that true?