• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Unique Tastes...

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by ChangedHeart, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChangedHeart

ChangedHeart WITNESS AS YOU ARE...

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't know why but, I feel like talking about diversity and differences...

We don't always seem to meet eye to eye on things, especially doctrinal differences... But in the eyes of God we're all striving to achieve either Eternal Life or eternal damnation.

So with that said....

Let's all take turns saying things that we like that others may not, or may want to try. (This can be foods, clothings, etc.)

So as I am first, I like to eat ranch dressing with spaghetti.

God bless,
    ~ Brian

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KleinerApfel

KleinerApfel When I awake I am still with You

+1,292
    Christian
    Married
    Never tried it. (Not too many ranches around these parts...;) )

Brussels sprouts. :yum:

3. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Brussel sprouts are ok... if you dose them with a lot of salt! (Which isn't good since I have borderline high blood pressure.)

Fried egg sandwiches with mustard and banana peppers...

4. KleinerApfel

KleinerApfel When I awake I am still with You

+1,292
    Christian
    Married
    Banana peppers??? :confused:

Yall have weird food...

Hmm, Marmite. :thumbsup:

5. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Marmite? Never heard of it!

Ranch dressing with shredded cheese...

*Will eat almost anything with Ranch dressing..*

6. Stpatterk

Stpatterk Senior Member

+427
    Catholic
    Single
    CA-Liberals
    Frozen fish followed by hot soup!!! :thumbsup:

7. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    *Shudders*

Definitely not my bowl of soup!

Clam chowder with banana peppers...

*Will also eat banana peppers with almost anything...*

8. spedey04

spedey04 Regular Member

+6
    Pentecostal
    Single
    I'm the pickiest eater of anybody. I have a family I'm friends with that all love salt&vinger chips on their tuna sandwichs. I don't think it's really gross but just......of all the things to put together.......odd-lol

9. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    OOOH! Salt & vinegar chips on tuna?!

THAT I've got to try! *licks lips*

I think sometimes I'm just like a pregnant woman... I'll eat the strangest stuff!

10. Hisgirl

Hisgirl Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace

+464
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I love potato chips on sandwiches! And especially fritos on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

11. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yuck... not my favorite thing... peanut butter... *shudders* It gets stuck on the top of my palate.

I love to eat beef stew with lots of hot sauce.

12. christianmomof3

christianmomof3 pursuing Christ

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    I like brussels sprouts steamed with butter and lemon juice and salt and garlic powder on them.
    Most cooked green veggies are good with butter, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. :yum:

Artichokes are good steamed with a dipping sauce of melted butter with lemon juice in it, a few drops of worstechire sauce and lawrys seasoned salt.

I like to eat tortillas with grated cheese melted on them and mild pace picante sauce and sliced up green olives with pimentoes all rolled up. Sometimes I will put turkey lunchmeat or a turkey hot dog in there too.

I like food.

13. christianmomof3

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    I don't like peanut butter either or gummy bears or fruit snacks or any of that sticky stuff.
    My 14 yo dd has decided that she likes to eat tobasco sauce on all meats. She would probably like it in beef stew too.
    I had the best beef stew last Friday night! It had lots of carrots in it and the beef was falling apart in little shreds :yum: .
    That reminds me I need to try to get her recipee.

14. SharonL

SharonL Senior Veteran

+1,037
    Christian
    Married
    Hey is that frozen fish cooked???

All this made me hungry - so it's very cold and I put on a big pot of beef stew and have home made hawaiian bread in the bread machine. yummmm

I like jalepano (sp?) peppers on everything - they are even good for you - they just released a study that hot peppers fight cancer. Also you don't see many Mexicans with ulcers or stomach problems.

15. christianmomof3

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    I have a bread machine. What is the recippe for hawaiian bread?

16. SharonL

SharonL Senior Veteran

+1,037
    Christian
    Married
    drive to the supermarket - find bread machine packages and make sure it is Hawaiian bread - just kidding - I bought it already to go in the machine. When I make my own it somehow does not seem to get as done - so I go for the smaller packages.

17. christianmomof3

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    :D
    I just found a hawaiian bread recipee and it just seems like a white bread, but has macadamia nuts in it.
    It also has nonfat dry milk, which I don't use because ds has dairy issues.
    I will try it, sort of - I will throw in some wheat flour, so it won't really be hawaiian bread - it will just be whatever it is. :)

18. jrlinz

jrlinz Well-Known Member

+161
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Puttanesca, Pasta Fagiola, Ceasar Salad, whole-grain Italian bread with olive oil, rosemary and garlic dipping sauce (What I am having tonight).

19. ChangedHeart

+8
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    jrlinz... sounds to me like you really enjoy Italian food.

Anyways, although there is a variety of different tastes.... look how we seem to be accepting and curious...

How much greater will the Kingdom of Heaven be?

I hope this continues, even though I've made my point... we may just have a lot of fun talking about food.

20. SpiritsFire

SpiritsFire Regular Member

+26
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    YUMMM thats sounds great!....

Me I like Lamb and Feta cheese... :)

I also have been eating this great snack I found the other day.. its chream cheese with Pepper jelly.. not sweet, its more spicy then sweet... and spread on a Triscut... MMM...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.