Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lately I have been really tired of pessimism in my life and pretty much trying to avoid anyone who is okay with being unhappy.

I just don't understand. Life is WAY too short to be worrying about the things we can't change, to be stressing about obligations that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, to be constantly reminding yourself that there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done... Some people just have a "Life sucks, then you die" attitude, and that bothers me.

My life may not be the best right now, but I have decided I am not going to be unhappy. What good does it do? Life is all about attitude and what you make of it. Thinking you just have to sit back and let things happen and that there's nothing you can do about how crappy your life is a bunch of bologna.

Why can't people just be happy? Why can't we see that life is just too dang short to be sad?

(Btw, this thread was not directed at anyone on CF - honestly)

fishin4christ

The Fisherman
Dec 17, 2007
Georgia
✟23,940.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lately I have been really tired of pessimism in my life and pretty much trying to avoid anyone who is okay with being unhappy.

I just don't understand. Life is WAY too short to be worrying about the things we can't change, to be stressing about obligations that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, to be constantly reminding yourself that there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done... Some people just have a "Life sucks, then you die" attitude, and that bothers me.

My life may not be the best right now, but I have decided I am not going to be unhappy. What good does it do? Life is all about attitude and what you make of it. Thinking you just have to sit back and let things happen and that there's nothing you can do about how crappy your life is a bunch of bologna.

Why can't people just be happy? Why can't we see that life is just too dang short to be sad?

(Btw, this thread was not directed at anyone on CF - honestly)
Probably because they are selfish. They get down because nothing is going the way they want it to. It may not be the case all the time, but I guarantee you selfishness has alot to do with it.

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yesterday I went and shot some guns, then ate some steak, then played some poker.

Today I cleaned my room sparatically over 6 hours.

I'm pretty happy.

Even though I'm going to get roasted at work tomorrow.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted this in the young adults section but i'm reposting it here

I think a lot of "mood" or "happiness" is closely linked with nutrition and exercise. And probably the majority of people in this society, don't eat right and don't exercise and years of abuse to your own system can throw emotions out of wack so that it's much more difficult to choose happiness or joy. jmo

oh that and people are selfish , "me" focused and want to wallow in their own misery. But i think that eating bad things and lack of exercise contribute to that way of thinking.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If buy "sparatcally" you mean you hate to clean and keep trying to put it off as much as possible by taking long breaks and having to force yourself to clean some more....

That is what I did today as well, cleaning my house. Except mine still isn't done.

Coach

Upvote 0

RosaVernal

que sera, sera; c'est la vie
Jan 27, 2008
Northern California
✟9,311.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Unhappy? I don't care much for people who are except for ways that I can help them find what they want to be happy and doing what I can to help them reach their goals.

Discontent?

Doesn't bother me much. It's part of life and there is something wrong with people who are always happy all the time.

Then again, I've been called "depressed" in the past by psychologists and doctors, and that was when I was an active athlete and ate well for years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
and there is something wrong with people who are always happy all the time.

It's funny you should say that, because I used to say the same thing...

But now that I think about it, I think they are the people who really have life figured out.

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If buy "sparatcally" you mean you hate to clean and keep trying to put it off as much as possible by taking long breaks and having to force yourself to clean some more....

That is what I did today as well, cleaning my house. Except mine still isn't done.

Coach

yeah, it took me about 6 hours to do what I could have done in 1 if I wanted too.

well, with the exception of laundry.

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not always happy, that doesn't make me a bad person. I really hate having to pretend to be happy when I'm not. I don't like it when cheery folk get all up in my raincloud with their puppies and candies and butterfly-kisses. Why don't you just cheer up?
Because I'm a multi-faceted human being who experiences a full range of emotion not just maniacal joy. Happiness is complacency. Complacency is subjection.
When I'm happy I'm green and golden, but sometimes I get blue. I'm not responsible for anyone else's good mood and it's selfish to think that everybody should be happy or share a specific outlook. If you don't like someone's outlook, look elsewhere

Upvote 0

LonelyTraveler

almost home.
Mar 16, 2006
✟10,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How is all the complaining about how people "choose to be unhappy" actually helping the people who "choose to be unhappy"? If I see someone who is blue, doesn't matter the reason, I do something to help. I rep them with a hug, send what few blessings I have, offer an understanding ear. I don't complain about how others feel about their lives. It's pointless.

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know I just realized something here.

People become unhappy, not necessarily because they want to be unhappy.

They are unhappy because things arn't going according to the plans that they would have liked them to go.

The trick though is to choose to be happy, even when things don't go according to plan.

You see if everything went to my plan. I couldn't really be unhappy, it would be hard to do. But if things don't go according to plan, its easy to fall into that.

Reactions: GuacaMolly
Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How is all the complaining about how people "choose to be unhappy" actually helping the people who "choose to be unhappy"? If I see someone who is blue, doesn't matter the reason, I do something to help. I rep them with a hug, send what few blessings I have, offer an understanding ear. I don't complain about how others feel about their lives. It's pointless.

I am not complaining. It was just an observation; just sharing my thoughts.... I think you're supposed to do that on a forum. :scratch:

Sorry if my original post seemed like I was griping. That was not my intentional at all.

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not always happy, that doesn't make me a bad person. I really hate having to pretend to be happy when I'm not. I don't like it when cheery folk get all up in my raincloud with their puppies and candies and butterfly-kisses. Why don't you just cheer up?
Because I'm a multi-faceted human being who experiences a full range of emotion not just maniacal joy. Happiness is complacency. Complacency is subjection.
When I'm happy I'm green and golden, but sometimes I get blue. I'm not responsible for anyone else's good mood and it's selfish to think that everybody should be happy or share a specific outlook. If you don't like someone's outlook, look elsewhere

I never said people who were sad were bad people...

Sheesh.... I should not have to be defending my posts like this... :o

Upvote 0