Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, i have a question about something that i need answered. Have i committed the unforgiveable sin?? A bunch of times while looking at inappropriate contentography, i would get this almost voice like notion in my head telling me i shouldnt be, and in my frustration of knowing this, yet unable to control my lust, i would think “get out of my head satan”. I dont know why i would think that, but would continue to look at inappropriate contentography and then later on, wonder if i committed the ultimate sin. I wonder if this is part of the reason why i feel like i cant get saved. Im confused as to who i was calling satan, all i know is, that after i would think that, no longer did i have any feelings of wrong doing till later on. Am i damned??

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This verse explains the unforgivable sin :

“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
• Luke 12:10

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have i committed the unforgiveable sin??
Actually you are committing the unforgiveable sin. You need to repent and turn away from your sin of refusing to allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in your life. The Holy Spirit of God is given to convict us of our sin. We can not quench or grieve the Holy Spirit. Jesus tells the story of the tax collector who said: "God, have mercy on me, a sinner." (Luke 18:13) He confessed His sin before God and asked God to have mercy on him. Jesus said he went home justified. Those who humble themselves will be lifted up. The Pharisee was self righteous before God and did not feel as if he needed any forgiveness. He was not justified. "I tell you, this man (the tax collector), rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 18:14) Jesus said about the Holy Spirit: "when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment" (John 16:18) We need to allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in our lives. When we live in the spirit and not the flesh then we want to turn away from looking at that stuff.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello all, i have a question about something that i need answered. Have i committed the unforgiveable sin?? A bunch of times while looking at inappropriate contentography, i would get this almost voice like notion in my head telling me i shouldnt be, and in my frustration of knowing this, yet unable to control my lust, i would think “get out of my head satan”. I dont know why i would think that, but would continue to look at inappropriate contentography and then later on, wonder if i committed the ultimate sin. I wonder if this is part of the reason why i feel like i cant get saved. Im confused as to who i was calling satan, all i know is, that after i would think that, no longer did i have any feelings of wrong doing till later on. Am i damned??
I suggest that you start from the beginning. There is only one sin that God won't forgive and that is the sin of rejecting Jesus as saviour. You must be born again. Then you will have the power to overcome the problems that beset you. God is the one that saves.

Have a look at this link: The Way - Christian Life Frankston

It is the fundamental truth about getting saved. Either you are born again or you are not. If you are born again, God accepts you into heaven. He forgives your sin as you confess it. If you are not born again, you are not accepted into heaven. There is no fence to sit on.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said," I have not come for the righteous but for sinners ". The Lord loved David ever so dearly, you know why? David had a repentant heart and was sincere in the Lord meaning, he loved God with his whole heart and being. Yet wasn't this the same David who took Uriah's wife and killed the poor man to try and conceal his wicked act? If so, what makes you think David was more important to God than you are?? Friends let's stay in the faith, our weaknesses are hidden in Christ. He is not out to count the number of times or nature of transgression we have committed. But he is here to hide us in his Glory.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
By turning away from inappropriate content you have now agreed with God. The Holy Spirit works through the conscience and brings us to know something is wrong. Confess you sin and move on.

Grieving the Holy Spirit to condemnation in hell is another matter, this is the deliberate act of turning down the witness of the Holy Spirit pointing to Jesus Christ and taking that to the grave never having accepted Jesus. In this your goose is cooked so to speak. The pharisees while knowing and seeing the working of Jesus Christ first hand stubbornly rejected Him as having power from Satan, thus rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit.

Our every day actions can grieve the Spirit but this is not the same grieving( the term should be frustrate) as that action of rejecting Christ Jesus all the way to the grave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's another way it is described :

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him;
but whoever Speaks Against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
• Matthew 12:32

Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats what im worried about.
By calling God "Satan" you certainly disrespected God. It was probably a sin. But sins are there to be forgiven. Just pray to God to forgive you for calling him "Satan", and he will probably forgive you. I do not think it was an unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It may sound paradoxical, but you're in a good place while your conscience rebukes you for sinning. If you didn't feel guilty while sinning, then you'd be in real trouble.

God is always ready to forgive us, when we come before Him in repentance and prayer. The problem is, we can reach a point where we can't bring ourselves to repent so we shouldn't play Russian roulette with our eternal destiny.

The longer we continue in willful sin, the harder our hearts get and the harder it becomes to repent. We just don't know when we might reach the point of no return. So we should treat every day as if it were our last, since tomorrow is promised to none.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is no sin that cannot or will not be forgiven if it is sincerely confessed. It is a dangerous thing to ignore the pleadings of a healthy conscience and harden one's heart, because then that voice becomes harder to discern. This might be why you cannot sense God and you feel "unsavable".

This is where you cast yourself upon the mercy of God in Christ Jesus. Having given so much, He will not reject the sincere repentant. Why would He want Christ's sacrifice to go to waste?

The way forward is this: repent and confess you known sins, including quenching your conscience in this instance. Prayerfully stay in the Word, and faithfully walk in the Light you have been given. All the stewardship parables teach that those faithful in little are faithful in much, and more will be given to them. And the parable of the unjust steward teaches us to be faithful even in unrighteous riches! Jesus went to this amazing extreme to make a clear and dramatic point: there is no one outside the grace of God, if you will only repent and turn to God for help.

So do not despair, as if God is not sovereignly able to save.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, because, he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. -Heb 11:6​

Remember also God's invitation in Isaiah:

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool. -Isa 1:18​

And Jeremiah concurs:

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.' -Jer 29:11-14​

Don't give the devil place any longer. That's merely continuing the original mistake. Come out of your unbelief and begin to believe the Lord for salvation. You can spend your whole life looking at past sins and mistakes, or you can take Jesus up on His offer of forgiveness, reconciliation, restoration and new life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Lifelong_sinner.

As our member, "Jude1:3,"posted several times, the Bible defines the "Unforgivable Sin" as something far more basic about the relationship of Man to God than what you are talking about (giving in to temptation in the matter of inappropriate contentography). In short, no, that's not the Unforgivable Sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0