Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come
."
Matthew 12:31-32 (ISV)

Sin. Rub out the first and last letters,

and you have “I” – or carnal self –

the root of sin.

Anon.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come."
Matthew 12:31-32 (ISV)

Sin. Rub out the first and last letters,

and you have “I” – or carnal self –

the root of sin.

Anon.
In Matt, 12:31 Jesus responded to those who accused Him of casting out Demons by the power of the Devil. So it sounds like He was saying that all sins will be forgiven, except that sin of accusing God of using the power of Satan to do something so loving and merciful as casting out Demons.
So may theologians have concluded that, those who accuse God of using evil to accomplish His will have committed the unforgivable sin.
A person who commits this sin, knows exactly what they're doing. It's not a sin that can be committed unwittingly, so we don't have to worry that we might have done it without knowing it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
It is not theology, but the Holy Spirit that convicts all men.
The HS is able to address the inner man, direct to his human spirit, whether he has heard the gospel or not.
The touch of conviction that comes from the HS is an unavoidable fact for every man born, therefore at the judgement, nobody has an excuse, nobody can say I didn't know about God.

Romans1 v18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
To suppress the truth, you must first of all possess it.

19because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
Exactly, every man has sufficient truth because God the Holy Spirit gave it to them.

20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,.....
Not only possessing the truth, but understanding the truth!

.........even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
If the Holy Spirit has given every man the fullness of truth deep within himself, then to knowingly reject that truth is to reject God and reject salvation. Therefore his sins remain unforgiven because he has rejected forgiveness and chosen self above God.

Until a man surrenders his life to God, he remains in that blasphemous state of fighting against the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. Once he bows the knee, that state of blasphemy ceases, and he moves from death to life.
Believers cannot commit blasphemy because the spirit of God is in their heart.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the logic used in that argument.
But it doesn't line up with Scripture: the "unforgivable sin"
applies ONLY to sin against the Holy Spirit.
Theologians may have an opinion, but in the end, God's Word
is truth.
God's Word is truth, but the gift interpreting it and understanding it hasn't been given to everyone. That;s why we have so many opposing denominations.
Those Pharisees were sinning against the Holy Spirit, when they accused Christ of using Satanic power. That's why He told them that they won't be forgiven, so I guess the theologians know the Bible a bit better than you and I.

Upvote 0