Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Nothing that anyone of the flesh can tell you will ever be sufficient. You need to go to Jesus for rest. I say this because I have felt the Holy Spirit grow quiet. I knew that the Hand of the Lord was raised against me. I knew it was due to my own rebellion.

I remember one day fornicating. I felt the Holy Spirit move as if to warn me to stop but I didn't listen because I was in the heat of the moment. I then felt the Spirit grow quiet. I immediately could tell something was wrong. I went to pray and immediately could feel the difference. I could hear my words echoing in the room as though I was in a wide open space with no furniture. I had never felt aline when I prayed until that moment when I felt the Spirit grow quiet.
I immediately was attacked by spirits of fear, depression (the bible calls it heaviness), uncertainty, hopelessness, then I began to get physically sick (spirit of infirmity) and I could find no rest.
God taught me many things during this time.

First, He taught me that there are consequences for rebellion. He is an all consuming fire, after all. As we struggle through trials, He will use the trial to burn off anything that is not like Him. Isaiah 33:14-16 explains how we can dwell with a consuming fire.

The second thing He taught me is to accept His discipline. Proverbs 3:11-12 Do not despise the LORD's instruction, my son, and do not loathe His discipline; for the LORD disciplines the one He loves, just as a father disciplines the son in whom he delights."

I want you to know that I can now feel the Holy Spirit stronger than ever before but it took many months to feel His presence.

Below are the steps I took:
1. I would not sleep if I felt was being attacked by an evil spirit. I would get in my car and drive even if in the middle of the night. I would park close by places with water (lakes or fountains) and read my bible and pray to the Lord for mercy.
2. READ THE BIBLE! I cannot stress this enough. There's a reason why Ephesians 6-10-18 calls the Word of God the sword of the Spirit. You cannot fight the enemy without a sword. You must study every chance you get because God will perfect you in this trial. Reading the bible will cause conviction which will lead to confession. Lay your confessions at the feet of Jesus. If you take them before Him now, your conscience will bear witness and your thoughts will defend you when you stand before God and He judges your secrets through Christ Jesus. Romans 2:12-16
3. Immerse yourself in the things of God. No secular music, movies etc. Go to church or if your not ready for church yet, go to bible studies (that's what I did). Plenty of sources online as well. Concern yourself with things of the Kingdom of Heaven and not so much about yourself. Listen to gospel music and at night play Psalms or spiritual warfare prayers (YouTube has many). Let them play all night long.
3. Fight in the Spirit. Interestingly, it was during this time of silence that God taught me to wage spiritual warfare. I have a "spiritual warfare prayer" I found and modified. I would recite it when I felt the presence of anything not like God. Let me know if you want it and I will post it for you.
4. Surrender to God. Call on the name of Jesus for help! Many times, you will keep trying to fix the situation when really you need to trust God and his decisions. Trust that this too shall pass. Trust that trials are for our good. Exodus 20:20
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Can you post the spiritual warfare prayer for me? I am having a hard day, feeling a lack of presence. I have not given my whole life to Jesus, and I believe that was the problem for many of the years past. I just hope He has not left me completely. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

CassieShannon

May 3, 2018
southeast
✟9,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe I have committed the unforgivable sin. I believe I have been apostate for quite some time. I felt like the Holy Spirit left me 8 months ago and I want to repent, but I don't seem to have the help of the HS. I am so depressed and feel hopeless. I am having a hard time going to church because I dont feel I belong any more. I believe I made a commitment to the Lord in 1985, but my lifestyle was not always in step. When my wife asked for a divorce, I got bitter and turned away from going to church, started dating a non-Christian, and was living in sin. I felt promted by the Spirit to leave the relationship, and I did not do it right when I was prompted and I felt like the HS left me. I am desperate.....Any words would be helpful.[/QUOTE

If you had committed the unforgiveable sin you would NOT be thinking about it or considering it. In fact you would NOT think of God again except to curse His name. When a person commits the unpardonable sin their hearts and consciousness is seared and the Holy Spirit will never visit them again. You need to find a spiritual counselor who is wise and has walked with God, you can find someone like this at Focus On The Family. Please call today, 1-855-382-5433

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe I have committed the unforgivable sin. I believe I have been apostate for quite some time. I felt like the Holy Spirit left me 8 months ago and I want to repent, but I don't seem to have the help of the HS. I am so depressed and feel hopeless. I am having a hard time going to church because I dont feel I belong any more. I believe I made a commitment to the Lord in 1985, but my lifestyle was not always in step. When my wife asked for a divorce, I got bitter and turned away from going to church, started dating a non-Christian, and was living in sin. I felt promted by the Spirit to leave the relationship, and I did not do it right when I was prompted and I felt like the HS left me. I am desperate.....Any words would be helpful.

I rebelled angerly from Christianity at the age of 15. I've been an Athiest and an Agnostic in-between, and just recently have found the Lord Jesus again. I was so bitter, and angry at not only him, but religion in general. To me it was odd, but I've had so many chances in life to come back to him, but it was my choice to refuse him, and turn my back on him. It was like he was reaching out to me for years on end, but I simply chose not to see it. I intentionally chose to be blind to him.

Trust me, my friend. What you did, is no where near an unforgivable sin.
Many of us have done things like you have, and have similar stories.
"Pride commeth before thee fall." We are not perfect. I'm stubborn as a mule! I'm far from perfect. It took me over 17 years to swallow my pride with God. And one thing I've realized is that I was simply being stupid. I was being blinded by my ignorance, when it came to God. I wasn't being humble, and to not be humble, is to be stupid in general. At least to some degree.

I will pray for you my friend in God. I will pray, that you realize his Truth's, and realize that even though we're not worthy of God, that he accepts all of us for who we really are. Flaws and all. Pasts sins and all.

Reactions: LoveMercy
Upvote 0

Desperately Seeking

Dec 10, 2019
Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I rebelled angerly from Christianity at the age of 15. I've been an Athiest and an Agnostic in-between, and just recently have found the Lord Jesus again. I was so bitter, and angry at not only him, but religion in general. To me it was odd, but I've had so many chances in life to come back to him, but it was my choice to refuse him, and turn my back on him. It was like he was reaching out to me for years on end, but I simply chose not to see it. I intentionally chose to be blind to him.

Trust me, my friend. What you did, is no where near an unforgivable sin.
Many of us have done things like you have, and have similar stories.
"Pride commeth before thee fall." We are not perfect. I'm stubborn as a mule! I'm far from perfect. It took me over 17 years to swallow my pride with God. And one thing I've realized is that I was simply being stupid. I was being blinded by my ignorance, when it came to God. I wasn't being humble, and to not be humble, is to be stupid in general. At least to some degree.

I will pray for you my friend in God. I will pray, that you realize his Truth's, and realize that even though we're not worthy of God, that he accepts all of us for who we really are. Flaws and all. Pasts sins and all.
Thank you for praying for me! I hope that the prayers are received by the Father. I am really struggling, seeking out all the counsel I can. I am constantly reminded of my past, which I believe is not of God. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

SamuelF

Jan 20, 2020
Madison County
✟15,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey Friend, thank you for your honesty. I can imagine how much pain you are feeling. To feel even left alone by God is a hard feeling, yet that’s where real faith comes in. The Accuser says you are unworthy of love and that god has left you, but God will never leave you unless you decide to keep him out. To trust Jesus is to trust what he says instead of what your feelings say, and then to cat on what he says. If you want to be a disciple and follow Jesus, that means you gotta count the cost, which is hard. To represent Gods kingdom here on earth is the biggest task. You wife got the problem, not you (from a disciples prospective). You are only called to love her well. The anger you felt is proof for your selfish love towards her. You don’t love her to make her stay with you and love you back, you love her because love just loves, because love wants to be in relationship. A disciples agenda is to love god and your neighbor as yourself. It’s not a successful happy marriage, your dream job etc. if love is the first priority there are no expectations on other people. Jesus invited people, but if they did not want to come it did not ruin his day. So I would suggest you spent more time with Jesus and the gospels, cry out for revelations and god will give yo those who beg for becoming love themselves. I know what I’m talking about, otherwise I would have been divorced already. Trust me, seek truth and relationship with him. Yes you might have to stop that relationship to that girl, but he will lead you. His spirit is in You. If he weren’t you would not even experience any conviction. The conviction is the proof that the convicter is present. But the Accuser needs to be dealt with too. Just send him off. You are a child of god, he has to go when you say it. Speak loud, man, speak loud for your own ears to hear those things. It’s powerful. And don’t be a coward, just get it all srait. Read the parables and the sermon on the mount, that will help. Gods with you. Amen

Reactions: LoveMercy
Upvote 0

LoveMercy

Feb 8, 2020
M
✟15,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope the best for you. There are old testament stories that seem to parallel New Testament problems, so I recommend reading some OT. I noticed that there are I think maybe a few or so stories in the OT where God declared he was going to destroy a certain city or something for their sin, but when they humbled themselves and stopped their sinning, God relented and chose to not bring about the destruction he said he would. Also, God initially said he'd destroy the Jewish people on their journey to the promised land when they were saying they were going back to Egypt because it was too unpleasant on the journey (They'd been complaining a lot.), but after Moses (a Christ-like figure) pleaded on behalf of the people, God chose to pardon them.
Maybe everything will eventually turn out right after all. I am hoping the same for myself, as I unfortunately made a horrible mistake at 19 years old--I'm currently 24 years old. I had had a horrible battle pretty much incessantly for a good chunk of the day with evil intrusive thoughts and wondering why God wouldn't take them away. I got so angry at God because I'd battled with these thoughts for years and thought God should've removed them by then, since I was constantly confessing my sin to him in my head and hoping God would cleanse me of those thoughts which I hated. I had in mind that verse "if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all urighteousness." I don't know why I didn't just choose to wait on God and TRUST HIM, but I impulsively chose in my mind to stop being a Christian because I thought it was just better to not have to go through such hardship and just enjoy living in the world. I wish I'd never done that. I asked for forgiveness and wanted to be a Christian again a couple of days later or so.
I didn't know about scary verses in Hebrews that make it sound like maybe one can't come back. I'd thought a person could come and go as they pleased from the Christian faith (like a career; for example, you could stop being a lawyer and choose to continue with it again later if you wanted.). It's weird that I happened to read that scary passage in Hebrews 6 a few months after deciding that, and I was terrified for a couple of weeks that summer until I was pleasantly distracted by a family trip and starting a new job and later going back to college. I've had a couple of fearful periods since then, but a lot of relative peace and hope, too, and I hope there's hope for me. Fairly recently there was a month or so where I was really enjoying reading God's Word. It felt like the highlight of my day, so that was really neat. It started after something neat I heard in a Christian (Chuck Missler, Knowing God) seminar that I guess basically increased my understanding of how intelligent and in control God is.
God bless you. From one human to another, I Love you. :) And at least we've gotten to enjoy some good years in this life and had good experiences. Hopefully we can pray for God's mercy to allow us to somehow be as useful as possible in this world for God's kingdom no matter what the case is for either of us. Hopefully we can try to always be hopeful, grateful and positive.

Upvote 0

SamuelF

Jan 20, 2020
Madison County
✟15,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey LoveMercy, good to have You here, and thank You for Your sharing of Your experience. I can see that You are an expert on the Old Testament. And i deeply appreciate it too. Yet we have to remember though, to read it in the context of its time. These People in there give witness of their own experience with the living God, lacking Gods fullest revelation in Jesus the Christ. Its definitely a longer discussion, but in short. Jesus came to restore us back to Adam and Eve before the fall, not back to Moses or the prophets. The prophets knew that, yet, not in full, and the people killed them for it. Then Jesus showed us our purpose. Love gives and dies. So we have to receive his love to be able to give it. You cant just believe in Jesus and expect You are a full made christen. The Crowds in the NT receive, and then become, and then follow.

The only unforgivable sin is the one You and I would choose to not turn away from, knowing the love of God fully. In Pauls human experience, he lists sins that are almost impossible for the human conciseness to allow itself to accept Gods forgives, after coming to know him. We got to seek in Jesus the full understanding of forgiveness, and read the OT-experience through Jesus' eyes.

I believe, many traditions went quite wrong in how to interpret the effect of Jesus' life, death and resurrection. His biggest goal was to set the prisoners free. Look at Paul, he had the thorn in his flesh. That was surly a weakness he fell for again and again. A misstep that made him choose between accepting that he is completely forgiven or to believe his ever returning emotions, that tell him, God has left him. He obviously chose to believe what Jesus says about him. And so are we invited to believe what Jesus is saying at the cross "it is finished", instead of believing our emotions.

Have You ever lived with Jesus for three years that You even saw and smelled his dirty underwear? Has he spoken to You with his own vocal chords? Prophets and Kings have desired to experience that. And a bunch of fishermen got it. And after three years even some of them doubted still. So i guess you got to read Hebrews 10:26 "if we go and sin willfully after receiving the full knowledge of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins." So after You have gotten to know the love of God so deeply and profound, if You still rather want to follow the desires of Your flesh, You wont be covered, unless You completely change Your ways back to God. Thats why Adam and Eve left the garden. I wonder how it would have been if Adam would have admitted: Yes thats right, i did this, i ate from the tree. Instead of excusing and denying. But knowing him so deeply, besides knowing what is wrong, would not make You abandon him. Judas did, because from the beginning he had his own agenda. He had ears and did not hear, eyes and did not see. He was still after money and whatever else. He regretted in the end, but did not allow himself to go to Jesus, because Jesus was hanging dead on the cross. It was to late for him. He killed himself before he could have received the good news of Jesus' resurrection. Who knows what could have been.

But i ask You, have You spent so much time with Jesus in relationship, one on one, that You knew him deeply and allowed him to know you deeply. Have You spent time with him from the true prospective or from how people told You to interpret right, and how things have to be? Where You coming to Jesus out of freedom or because You had felt You had to. Out of fear or his welcoming love for the broken? The bible is not written for theology that You can check off Your belief system. Even the devil believes, and he got the better theology than we do. The bible is to lead You into relationship. Into knowing him from heart to heart. Sunday church visit and reading bible is not doing that. Close the door behind You and be with him when no one sees. I have tasted his goodness and the freedom he created us for. And it has really freed me from addiction and dependency and all that. Only knowing him and be known by him makes us free. No theology, no prayer, no doctrine. The life becomes Christ and death becomes gain. Amen

Upvote 0