Nov 13, 2016
Latvia
✟126,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

It seems that I have done the unforgivable in the sight of the Lord and I am now being destroyed. I don't have any much hope left and everything that I have is slipping through my fingers. I don't know what to do.. I don't want to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

I guess I feel like Sodom and Gomorrah when it was destroyed... There seems to be no hope.

Please help!

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what to do.. I don't want to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Whether you go to hell or not isn't dependent on you. Jesus represents you, a sinner. That's why you don't go to hell, because you get credited his obedience and he takes your guilt instead. Your salvation is not dependent on your quality as a person, but on Christ's. God draws the line at perfection, and so long as you're not perfect (which is always the case), you just rely on Jesus to represent you instead. Anything else would require God to accept some degree of sin, and he won't, hence you must rely on an saviour outside of yourself. Understood?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chronel

Jun 21, 2018
Jakarta
✟16,794.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive yourself. You may have done things wrong and asked God for forgiveness, then you need to forgive yourself. The way things were not as what you want could be the impact of your actions before, but dont let your past define your future. Forgive yourself, and hold on, for there will be a time for you to rise again.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello,

It seems that I have done the unforgivable in the sight of the Lord and I am now being destroyed. I don't have any much hope left and everything that I have is slipping through my fingers. I don't know what to do.. I don't want to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

I guess I feel like Sodom and Gomorrah when it was destroyed... There seems to be no hope.

Please help!
Why does everybody presume that they have committed an unforgivable sin? No! If you have a shred of a remnant of a sliver of a thought of repentance then you have not done that. I would say "Go to confession" but you have not indicated whether you are Catholic. Even so, summon up the contrition to ask God for forgiveness. God does want to do that for you, to reconcile you. It's about that simple. The idea that you have committed an unforgivable sin is a lie straight from hell to make you feel hopeless and defeat you. It does not come from God. If you had actually done it you would have zero concern at all for the Lord and you would be happy in your apostasy. But you're not. happy and you do have a concern. So repent already.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read Isaiah 53, you find out that Jesus bore God's wrath and hell on the cross for all who trust in him. You can hold Jesus' death up to God in prayer as the payment for your sins so that he doesn't punish you for them. Trust in Jesus' death and shed blood on the cross as your only means of acceptance with God and for avoiding God's wrath. You will experience relief from guilt and doom and find a better life to live.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Friend you are typing here on CF so there is still hope, No matter what you have done, "or feel you have done"
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

• Agree
Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, thank You for sending us a Savior to die for all our sins; a Savior whose death was totally accepted by You to do just that (Isaiah 53:11). Thank You that there is nothing we can do (outside of never having received Jesus as our Savior) that can not be forgiven if we confess it as sin, repent of that sin, and turn to You through Jesus to forgive us of that sin. O, how the devil would want and does deceive so many people in this regards. May this poster find the wonderful truth of how wonderful and powerful and loving You are in this area. May they receive Your grace and mercy and find continual peace as they rest in all of this bounty You offer. Amen.

Upvote 0

HeDeliveredMe

Dec 23, 2018
Florida
✟15,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
if you still feel like this or anyone else reading this, please please call me at 904 403 1908 i have been freed from ocd, fear of blasphemy, instrusive thoughts etc. Would love to help. You are NOT unforgivable or hopeless. if i do not answer please leave voicemail or text. thankyou

Upvote 0

Kevin_67

Dec 24, 2018
Franklin, MA
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The night that I accepted Christ, I fully realized and acknowledged how awful my sins were, particularly the main sin that I felt was more offensive to God than all the others. I wept, fully and with deep shame, thinking of how vile I must have been in His sight, how disgusting and unclean.

However...in the depths of that shame, from that place of despair I found the peace and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. I thought, as wicked and wretched as I was, yet still he loved me enough to be cruelly tortured and put to death, on my behalf. His love for me and for all was so great that he was willing to do that...in that moment, I knew he was My Lord and King, forever.

When I awoke the next day, the sin of which I was so deeply ashamed had been taken from me. Gone. It no longer had dominion over me, Jesus had set me free from the bondage of sin and I could FEEL it. I set about removing all evidence of the sin from my life, without hesitation or regret.

I knew that Jesus had done this for me, something that was 100% impossible for me to resist or forsake in all of my 51 years. All the glory goes to Him, in whom I have my salvation.

By the shed blood of Jesus Christ, you are washed clean and covered in His righteousness.

Rest in Jesus and find peace. "...as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us." --- Psalm 103:12

-Kevin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing, Father, that You have shown us that is unforgivable is to reject ever receiving Jesus as our Savior, He that died to forgive us ALL sin. How great thou art,
to provide us such a powerful Savior who will forgive ALL sin when He is received into
one's life as their Lord and Savior. What reason to celebrate the birth of Him that
came into this world, so that He would be able to die, to die in our place for ALL our
sins, and offer us the gift of eternal life, a life that once possessed on our day of
salvation, that can never be lost, for it is held on to not by us, but by You (John 10:27-30). Amen, and hallelujah!

Upvote 0