USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it a sin to watch movies and TVs shows including listening to negative music that goes against the will of God
That might encourage you to commit a sin
I asked this because for years I have been listening to music the might be considered negative in the eyes of others?

Maria Sweet

Sep 11, 2018
California
✟3,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is it a sin to watch movies and TVs shows including listening to negative music that goes against the will of God
I asked this because for years I have been listening to music the might be considered negative in the eyes of others?

Absolutely! Have you heard lyrics from the popular death metal band Deicide? It’s blasphemous in the extreme. Take a look on YouTube to see what I mean. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah but where do you draw the line between was is acceptable and was is unacceptable in the eyes of God?
Absolutely! Have you heard lyrics from the popular death metal band Deicide? It’s blasphemous in the extreme. Take a look on YouTube to see what I mean. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by "negative music" or music "that goes against the will of God."

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As I've grown in the Lord over the last 10+ years my tastes in entertainment have changed. I don't watch the types of movies I once found enjoyment in. I also have been able to walk away from the vast bulk of secular music though that wasn't easy by any stretch; that truly was a work of God which took years and years as rock/pop music are very enslaving due to their appeal to the flesh. Now I listen primarily to jazz and classical music and exercise much more discernment when choosing films.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a gross generalization, music (movies, books, etc.) can be placed into three categories. Some are in direct opposition to a Christ focused worldview - meaning they advocate against principles that are taught to us in God's word. Some are supportive of God's word and either directly or through context support biblical principles. Some are simply neutral, neither advocating for or against principles taught in the bible. Both biblical advocating and neutral entertainment are fine for Christians, though one is just acceptable and the other can be part of our focus on Christ.

Do not fall into the trap of thinking only things that are directly and openly Christian are acceptable - that starts moving into legalism. Those things not in opposition to God's word are also fine.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can find lots of info on discordant music .Music thats not in harmony with nature like rock music that appeals to a lower nature.They done studies where plants did better with classical music of a higher nature and plants didn't do well with rock music .I don't listen to it anymore .Movies that are coming out of Hollywood no values or morals that reduce people to animals I don't watch either. If people knew better they would do better.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't worry so much if it's breaking a moral rule or not, because that lets us justify things that are not good for us.

Does it draw you closer to God or improve your character to be more like Christ or more loving toward others in any way? Then it's fine.

Does it do the opposite? Then it's risky to engage in it (and certainly a sin, since sin is "missing the mark" - the mark is Christ). So if you can't see Jesus being ok with doing a thing, then we shouldn't be doing it.

Upvote 0