Chicago
✟15,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does the Bible say about telling your brother or sister in Christ that the person they are dating is not Christian?

I have a brother in law who seems to have rushed into a new relationship thinking that his new girlfriend is Christian when her social media accounts speak differently. When she came over she did not pray with us and kept her eyes open. On social media she follows sexually charged accounts, Wiccan accounts, LGBT accounts, and spirituality accounts that have to do with rock healings. I do not want to judge her based on this but the evidence seems to point to her not being a believer (especially the Wiccan accounts). She also claims to be a Wiccan in one of her accounts. I would like to bring it up to my brother in law but I am not sure how to approach the subject. He has not dated in a few years and It seems like they have not discussed important topics such as past sexual partners or dating life, political views, views on Christianity, shared testimonies, etc. I am looking for verses in the Bible to help me because I know that is how God speaks to us. Can anyone help?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mentioning that there is evidence of her being interested in Wicca and some of that other stuff seems strong enough for a start.

I wouldn't immediately make too much out of keeping her eyes open during a prayer or say whatever you do as though you know for sure what makes her tick.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What does the Bible say about telling your brother or sister in Christ that the person they are dating is not Christian?

I suspect he is aware that the person he is dating is not Christian.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just present the evidence and remind your brother in law what the bible says about being unequally yoked with unbelievers. At this point you will have done your job and fulfilled your obligation and then it will be up to your brother in law to ask his girl friend questions to ascertain the truth.

Upvote 0