• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Unequal cooling

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by eastcoast_bsc, Jul 11, 2020.

1. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,002
    Christian
    The latest in the Boston Globes daily fabricated race inequality stories.

I never had an air condition growing up. Didn't even have fans until I was a little older.

I wonder how the Globe will explain this picture they posted to the story below with every apartment having a satellite dish. They typically cost over $100.00 a month. The Globe writes are such dim wits that they didn't understand the optics of this photo. I would have selected a different photo.

[​IMG]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,004
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If the inequality exists, it’s not fabricated.

That’s nice. Generations of people grew up without indoor plumbing or anesthesia during surgery, both of which are considered unthinkable now. Living standards change.

Well, first off, the girls aren’t at the apartment building with the dishes; they’re next door on the other side of a fence.

Second, DirecTV doesn’t require you to return the dish when you cancel and Dish often doesn’t, either, if the dish is difficult or dangerous to access, which those obviously could be. To illustrate that point, observe that at least one of those balconies has two dishes attached to it. So, all that image shows is that somebody next door in those units could have had an account at some point in the past.

So, tell me again who’s the dimwit who doesn’t understand what’s being shown in a photo.

3. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+9,834
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Well, I'm caucasian. I lived without air conditioning for all of my childhood in Florida and attended non-air-conditioned segregated schools. Then for many of my adult years (at least six) we lived without air-conditioning. But this doesn't change the fact that many people discriminate against other races and foreigners.

4. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,002
    Christian

Your wrong. I know the area. The public housing includes the building with the patios and dish antennas. Not sure if you understand how much direct TV costs a month. Probably over $100.00 My point that you missed is that if you can afford a luxury such as Direct TV then you can purchase a $200.00 dollar air-conditioner.

Your comparison between air-condition and anesthesia is ridiculous. One is a medical necessity and the other a luxury. Air-condition is not a necessity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,002
    Christian

Also if you look to the left and to the right you will see an air condition.

6. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,002
    Christian

I grew up in the city family of 9. No air conditioning, 1 black and white TV. We didn't know the difference. My point was that the story from the Globe is similar to a lot of their stories in that they try to create a problem when their isn't one.

I want a house on Cape Cod but guess what, probably not going to happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,004
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Again, you don’t know who there still has an account.

The people who die during heat waves would beg to differ.

8. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+7,002
    Christian

The elderly should always be taken care of. The media didn’t seem overly concerned when elderly sick with Covid were dumped into nursing facilities to infect the rest of the population or when veterans were left to die in in droves in veterans facilities.

But let’s rally around free AC for all. I want my summer home on Cape Cod.

9. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,266
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    yep, I grew up also without A/C. When our family did get it, the A/C was a window unit that was at the other end of the house from my South-facing bedroom. During the Summer, I would sleep on a twin sized bed in my mother's sewing room, with a North-East exposure. There was no duct work and no insulation in the walls.

I saw a picture of that house recently on the 'net. It still had the window A/C unit.

10. Phoebe Ann

+9,834
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    My mother never had a color TV until years after I was married. But you know people make choices when they spend their money. I never had a bicycle; that made me sad.

I don't read Globe articles.

Proverbs 30
    8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
    9Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

11. Phoebe Ann

+9,834
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I hear ya. We lived in a double-wide mobile home early in our marriage. At first we were without air-conditioning and I had terrible headaches. Then we bought a large window unit which we put in a dining room window that faced the living room. We could barely feel it in the living room. Later we bought a large unit for our bedroom. When we left the bedroom door open it didn't cool the other rooms. Life had its ups and downs.