• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

understanding the moodswings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2006
✟7,616.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
hello readers,

i have been having many moodswings lately. they confuse me. one minute i feel nothign, the next minute i feel sad, than mad, and then nothing again.. the contrasts between the moods are large.... they confuse me, hard to keep up with at times. does any of you ever feel like this? do you understand your moodswings?

take care

criz

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sometimes moods are signs of things... like not getting enough sleep to other stuff. if you don't know, then seeing a doctor is a great idea.

after you determine why, the next thing to determine is what you need and ways to help. after you determine what you need, we can help think of ideas to support you :hug:

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
goldenviolet said:
sometimes moods are signs of things... like not getting enough sleep to other stuff. if you don't know, then seeing a doctor is a great idea.

after you determine why, the next thing to determine is what you need and ways to help. after you determine what you need, we can help think of ideas to support you :hug:

Agreed

Is there anything you can think of that trigger the mood swings, because when you can isolate the trigger, you can work on putting stuff into place to stop it happening again

:hug:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you in therapy? Do you keep a journal? I suggest both to help you learn about your moods and what is triggering them. When I was experiencing extremes in mood it was usually because I was being triggered and didn't even realize it. Now, I am more keenly aware of what might trigger me, and have learned coping skills to combat the mood swing before it gets too extreme.

God bless.
Trish

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2006
✟7,616.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
thank you for replying. by now i have found out that the moodswings are caused by envy of others, when i see them get along as if they are the best of friends, sharing and trusting each other... when faced with my own situation (the lack thereof) it badly influences my mood.. one split second thought of the difference can be enough to be lost in a negative mood for a while... in a way it scares me every time, since i get lost in that mood and start ruining my own chances in life and carreer... it's either have it all or have nothing for me in such mood.... how to deal with it? when i am in a negative mood i dont care enough to change things into something positive again...

i kept a journal for a few years, but stopped it, getting frutrating of always writing about the same never changing things... in the end all i did was scratch the pages out of frustration or anger, not being able to find the patience to actually write letters...

soon i will try therapy.. but for now i don't really believe it can actually change things...

take care and hope you will be blessed and supported

criz

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.