tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you seem to be laboring under the delusion that I give a crap about defending the "religious right's" mythic founding narrative. I don't.

What I care about is accuracy. (snip)
...so of everyone in this thread I'm the only one who needed to be corrected about anything? I'm sort of flattered to realize this. :sunglasses:
tilc(no, really) :tutu:

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
still no Scriptures huh? How about 5 of them? since 10 seems to be so daunting, surely 5 of them can be found? :scratch:
tulc(liked the 11 year old comment but thought the trolling one needed some work) :oldthumbsup:
John 10:10 ...... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Duet. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Psalm 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
Psalm 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
Psalm 72:3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.....16 .....and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
John 16 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
2nd Co. 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Luke 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Isaiah 61:
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. 4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

Well that was an exercise in silliness. Would you like about 500 more scriptures? I'd say these 10 cover many aspects of "Life, liberty and the pursuit happiness" are rights all men have been given by God?"
Some might rightly point out that the early church and most real Christians have not secured these "rights." Therefore it's talking about the next life. Well American and many other real Christians have. The error in modern pop culture Christianity is that they have not understand the times and seasons of Bible prophecy about the age of promise when nations that meet the conditions would secure these rights. We are in that age. Have been for 500 years and will continue in it for many many hundreds of years more. Exactly what you see where nations have\are securing these rights is exactly the way and when the Bible prophesied they would be secured.

How The Nations Are Blessed
HTNABpic.jpg

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 10:10 ...... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Duet. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Psalm 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
Psalm 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
Psalm 72:3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.....16 .....and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
John 16 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
2nd Co. 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Luke 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Isaiah 61:
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. 4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

Well that was an exercise in silliness. Would you like about 500 more scriptures? I'd say these 10 cover many aspects of "Life, liberty and the pursuit happiness" are rights all men have been given by God?"

Some might rightly point out that the early church and most real Christians have not secured these "rights." Therefore it's talking about the next life. Well American and many other real Christians have. The error in modern pop culture Christianity is that they have not understand the times and seasons of Bible prophecy about the age of promise when nations that meet the conditions would secure these rights. We are in that age. Have been for 500 years and will continue in it for many many hundreds of years more. Exactly what you see where nations have\are securing these rights is exactly the way and when the Bible prophesied they would be secured.
Wow...that is a wall of Scripture right there...I don't actually see any that apply to the question I asked (and several of which appear to be quite...truncated) But I do appreciate the effort it took to compile them. How about this: you point out the ones that advocate setting up a government here on Earth to be in competition with the Kingdom God has already set up that exists among all nations and all people and not just in one of them? :wave:
tulc(wonders if that's your website you have linked in your post?) :scratch:

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow...that is a wall of Scripture right there...I don't actually see any that apply to the question I asked (and several of which appear to be quite...truncated) But I do appreciate the effort it took to compile them. How about this: you point out the ones that advocate setting up a government here on Earth to be in competition with the Kingdom God has already set up that exists among all nations and all people and not just in one of them? :wave:
tulc(wonders if that's your website you have linked in your post?) :scratch:
The “truncations” (made up word) are obvious. Not trying to hide anything. Yes it’s my website. I don’t think you know what you think you know about the government of God in the earth. So...how about you explain to me why this is not it, if you can.
What Is The Government Of God?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tulc(has tinnitus from things just like this) :sigh:

Just a thought -- tulc might have more than that?

I also suffer with tinnitus.
Right ear ringing hard now.
As you know
coffee makes it worse.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a thought -- tulc might have more than that?

I also suffer with tinnitus.
Right ear ringing hard now.
As you know
coffee makes it worse.

M-Bob (emph. added)
...then it's well worth the ringing as far as I'm concerned. :wave:
tulc(not even a moments regret) ;)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Wow...that is a wall of Scripture right there...I don't actually see any that apply to the question I asked (and several of which appear to be quite...truncated) But I do appreciate the effort it took to compile them. How about this: you point out the ones that advocate setting up a government here on Earth to be in competition with the Kingdom God has already set up that exists among all nations and all people and not just in one of them?

I could see that coming.
tulc getting predictable.
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

If America was not built on biblical values, then who's
values was it built on?

Last edited:
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could see that coming.
tulc getting predictable.
(snip)
Well...there's s certain amount of comfort in that. :)

If America was not built on biblical values, then who's
values was it built on?
I think post #34 in this thread was a pretty good response to that question:
Simon_Templar said:
For the record, America clearly was founded on Christian values and only someone who knows nothing about history could doubt this. HOWEVER, the Christian culture of that time period was significantly influenced and I would say poisoned by the developments of the Enlightenment. As a result the kind of Christianity that America was founded upon is not pure biblical, historic Christianity. Rather it was a Christianity that was mixed with a bunch of other ideas. Some of those other ideas were compatible and some where not.
tulc(actually agreed with pretty much most of this) :wave:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
David Barton https://wallbuilders.com/ and The Wallbuilders' library has THOUSANDS of original HISTORICAL AMERICAN DOCUMENTS. His works quote from those legal documents such as the Magna Carta, and the real letters of our founding fathers.

Wikipedia has written plenty of lies about this man, who is a Christian evangelist using American documents for foundation of the truth.

THOUSANDS of documents folks. Original Bibles, Books, Congressional dealings etc IN HIS POSSESSION! How much of the true old history do you have or even know? If you have not gone and read the originals, and you are relying only upon what google or your recent teacher has told you, you are ignorant of the truth. (For decade or two ago our history book edit and publishing was turned over to moslems who have removed much of our true history, distorted other parts and added in false narratives of how much moslems have contributed to our existence originally...not).

One example, a very small example, of their lies is this: "that the Pilgrims never had turkey for thanksgiving". Yet IF you were to read William Bradford's journal titled Of Plymouth Plantation you could see for yourself that they are lying for he writes the menu which includes turkey. I could continue but if you haven't figured out a point at this point, you probably won't search original writings for the truth yourself anyway.

If you want one document to read that might inform you of many things, including how much this country was founded on "IN GOD WE TRUST mentality"... read the Mayflower Compact!

I wouldn't be so quick to deny the very existence of God in the foundation of our great country when you haven't read the true documents nor know the times and history of the events.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a professing Christian you should be able to accept the linked websites and find these, for surely they have no political affiliation.

Can you post say 10 Scriptures that say "Life, liberty and the pursuit happiness" are rights all men have been given by God? :scratch:
tulc(will wait while you find them) :sorry:

14 Bible Verses about Life Liberty And The Pursuit Of Happiness

Galatians 5:13-15 ESV /
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

Luke 22:36 ESV /
He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Proverbs 29:18 ESV /
Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.

Psalm 144:15 ESV /
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

Exodus 22:2 ESV /
If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV /
For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Galatians 5:1 ESV /
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV /
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Romans 14:22 ESV /
The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.

Matthew 5:1-48 ESV /
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. ...

Ecclesiastes 3:13 ESV /
Also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.

Proverbs 16:20 ESV /
Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

Deuteronomy 19:21 ESV
Your eye shall not pity. It shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Exodus 21:23 ESV
But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life,

Unless otherwise indicated, all content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. Publication date: Dec 5, 2017. Publisher: OpenBible.info.

Biblical Roots of the Declaration of Independence Biblical Roots of the Declaration of Independence - National Center for Constitutional Studies
America’s Founders studied the Bible. Evidence is plentiful that political speeches and sermons of their day were filled with stories, examples, and quotes from the Bible which supported and affirmed their political beliefs. Given below are the main paragraphs from the Declaration of Independence followed by Biblical scripture which coincide with the emphasized ideas in the document. It is hoped that today’s Americans will familiarize themselves with the full Biblical accounts referred to below, to get a feel for what beliefs motivated the Founders to create the first free people in modern times.

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Psalms 19:1 THE heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Leviticus 24:22 – Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the Lord your God.

Romans 2:11 – For there is no respect of persons with God.

Genesis 9:6 – Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Exodus 20:15 – Thou shalt not steal.

Exodus 21:16 – And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

Psalms 128:2 – For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

Ecclesiastes 3:13 – And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Leviticus 25:10 – And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family
More good reads
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness: Complete Obedience | People Get Ready
The Pursuit of Happiness
http://peoplegetready.org/bible-studies/life-liberty-pursuit-happiness-complete-obedience/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a professing Christian you should be able to accept the linked websites and find these, for surely they have no political affiliation.
(snip)
hmmm...you know what the impression I get from most of those Scriptures? That if we were to believe the Bible is the source for say the Declaration of Independence they were saying "We have the freedom to be Christians in America." I'm curious where in the Bible you find the freedom to NOT be a Christian or even not believe in God at all and it's alright? Because in the Constitution? I'm pretty sure that's considered ok for Americans NOT to Christians. Heck they can be Muslims or Jews or Buddhists or even atheists. Without there being a problem for them to live their life as they see fit. Those would be the Scriptures I'd be interested in seeing were used to found America on. That's what I see the founding of America was also about. When people say "America was founded on Christian principles." I'm a little unclear on where those particular principles came from in the Bible. :wave:
tulc(is just wondering) :)

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, tulc I realize you are a liberal/progressive Christian, but doesn't the WWMC says it's against your beliefs to attack anyone?

The idea of the USA is that it is freedom OF RELIGION not freedom FROM religion. (As has been erroneously posted in the past). Those who do not wish to be Christian may live here, but don't try to change our true history and goals...there are countless other countries where one who is so antagonistic against Truth, God, and the American way may live.

The reason we have stayed a Christian nation is that those who come here ASSIMILATE. Lately the invaders have NOT done so but are fully keeping their own cultures of the other countries. WE ARE NOT the other countries. WE ARE NOT the other faiths. WE. ARE. CHRISTIAN. I am curious as to why this bothers a Christian so much.

I find it interesting that you are STILL unclear about THOSE particular principles. America: originally a Christian Nation? You have recently posted about getting "back to the freedom "FROM" religion as the Amendment says... but you have no foundation for that phrase.

I don't appreciate the mocking of My faith and Christians from the start (case in point: Star-The WWMC [open]Coffee Shop-bucksStar-The WWMC [open]Coffee Shop-bucks )

In all this time how much actual studying has been done to learn the truth? I'm sure that non-christian authors who write of evil, witches, horror etc cook plenty of brains against Jesus, the TRUTH.
:prayer:

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WE ARE NOT the other faiths. WE. ARE. CHRISTIAN.

Very interesting statement. Thank you for that.

The section quoted states you believe the USA is a Christian nation. My question is: Which Christianity?

My Christianity would never let me vote for a man like Trump lead my country. Bragging of sexual assault, supporting racists, bragging of being a perverted peeping tom, operating a scam "University" to take the last dollars from desperate people. Also many other equally despicable acts. But there are many Christians that did choose him for their leader and there are many Christians that support him today.

So when you say a Christian nation that can mean the very different things. Almost anything for what I have seen occur before my eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My Christianity would never let me vote for a man like Trump lead my country.

If you can only vote for a perfect man, you
must never have voted before. If you voted
for Bill Clinton, you voted for a philanderer
and rapist. You probably did so many times
if you voted in state and Congressional elections.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never voted for President Clinton, even once. I don't vote for people who I know cheated on their wife...even the second or third ones. I'm wondering if you can say the same thing? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
David Barton WallBuilders - WallBuilders and The Wallbuilders' library has THOUSANDS of original HISTORICAL AMERICAN DOCUMENTS. His works quote from those legal documents such as the Magna Carta, and the real letters of our founding fathers.

Wikipedia has written plenty of lies about this man, who is a Christian evangelist using American documents for foundation of the truth.

THOUSANDS of documents folks. Original Bibles, Books, Congressional dealings etc IN HIS POSSESSION! How much of the true old history do you have or even know? If you have not gone and read the originals, and you are relying only upon what google or your recent teacher has told you, you are ignorant of the truth. (For decade or two ago our history book edit and publishing was turned over to moslems who have removed much of our true history, distorted other parts and added in false narratives of how much moslems have contributed to our existence originally...not).

One example, a very small example, of their lies is this: "that the Pilgrims never had turkey for thanksgiving". Yet IF you were to read William Bradford's journal titled Of Plymouth Plantation you could see for yourself that they are lying for he writes the menu which includes turkey.

Not exactly.

William Bradford didn't write up a menu of that meal he instead talked about the food teh colony had gathered in tsore for winter

"They began now to gather in the small harvest they had, and to fit up their houses and dwellings against winter, being all well recovered in health and strength and had all things in good plenty. For as some were thus employed in affairs abroad, others were exercised in fishing, about cod and bass and other fish, of which they took good store, of which every family had their portion. All the summer there was no want; and now began to come in store of fowl, as winter approached, of which this place did abound when they came first (but afterward decreased by degrees). And besides waterfowl there was great store of wild turkeys, of which they took many, besides venison, etc. Besides, they had about a peck of meal a week to a person, or now since harvest, Indian corn to that proportion. Which made many afterwards write so largely of their plenty here to their friends in England, which were not feigned but true reports."

The only other account of that Thanksgiving was written by Edward Winslow:
“Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling, that so we might after a special manner rejoice together after we had gathered the fruit of our labors. They four in one day killed as much fowl as, with a little help beside, served the company almost a week. At which time, amongst other recreations, we exercised our arms, many of the Indians coming amongst us, and among the rest their greatest king Massasoit, with some ninety men, whom for three days we entertained and feasted, and they went out and killed five deer, which they brought to the plantation and bestowed on our governor, and upon the captain and others.”

According to the Smithsonian it is entirely possible the Pilgrims did have Turkey that day but it is also somewhat unlikely as turkey was not considered to be a celebratory food unlike swan or goose which were very likely served.

I was unable to find any textbook claiming that the Pilgrims "never" had Turkey on Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That summer, the Pilgrims, still persevering in prayer and assisted by helpful Indians, 89 As Pilgrim Edward Winslow (later to become the Governor) affirmed, “God be praised, we had a good increase of Indian corn”; “by the goodness of God, we are…far from want.” 10 The grateful Pilgrims therefore declared a three-day feast in December 1621 to thank God and to celebrate with their Indian friends 11 – America’s first Thanksgiving Festival. Ninety Wampanoag Indians joined the fifty Pilgrims for three days of feasting (which included shellfish, lobsters, turkey, corn bread, berries, deer, and other foods), of play (the young Pilgrim and Wampanoag men engaged in races, wrestling matches, and athletic events), and of prayer. This celebration and its accompanying activities were the origin of the holiday that Americans now celebrate each November.
wallbuilders

By autumn of 1621, the Pilgrims had much for which to be thankful. After the harvest, Massasoit and about ninety other Indians joined the Pilgrims for the great English tradition of Harvest Festival. The participants celebrated for several days, dining on venison, goose, duck, turkey, fish, and of course, cornbread, the result of a bountiful corn harvest. This tradition was repeated at harvest time in the following years.
William Bradford and the First Thanksgiving [ushistory.org]

in modern spelling:
"They began now to gather in the small harvest
they had, and to fit up their houses and
dwellings against winter, being all well recovered in health and strength and had all things in good plenty. For as some were thus employed in affairs abroad, others were exercised in fishing, about cod and bass and other fish, of which they took good store, of which every family had their portion.
All the summer there was no want; and now began to come in store of fowl, as winter approached,
of which this place did abound when they came first (but afterward decreased by degrees). And
besides waterfowl there was great store of wild turkeys, of which they took many, besides venison, etc. Besides, they had about a peck of meal a week to a person, or now since harvest, Indian corn to that proportion. Which made many afterwards write so largely of their plenty here to their friends in England, which were not feigned but true reports."
NOTE
:
http://www.pilgrimhall.org/pdf/TG_What_Happened_in_1621.pdf

Now my issue is not whether Bradford had Winslow's letter in his journal, as most of the journal is composed of letters.... but that here in South Florida I know for a fact that it has been taught "NO turkeys...it's all a myth". Some teachers ignorantly even make issue that there was no thanksgiving at all because they all nearly died that winter. However, anyone who reads the manuscript see that the harvest was in "summer" the next year. (AFTER Bradford dispensed with their efforts of communism/socialism and let each family tend to their own gardens and trade at will.)

I might add that fake historians have asserted that the government purposely gave the indians the blankets used by small pox victims so as to kill the indians. There was NO knowledge of germs back then, they had no clue that the blankets were infected.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not American and so did not vote for either.

I would never vote for a man like Trump in any case. Bragging of sexually assaulting women and bragging about being perverted peeping Tom on naked women as they change would be enough. And fact is that numerous underage girls say Trump did peeping Tom act on them as well. If true, this means Trump is a pedophile. Do you understand this?

I am not trying to be rude, but would like to be clear because of your post above and so to give you a chance to see the flaw in your logic. Please answer the following question (Which I am sure you will answer correctly because of your good morals): Do you think that pedophelia is acceptable, because no one is perfect?

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
wallbuilders

Now my issue is not whether Bradford had Winslow's letter in his journal, as most of the journal is composed of letters.... but that here in South Florida I know for a fact that it has been taught "NO turkeys...it's all a myth". Some teachers ignorantly even make issue that there was no thanksgiving at all because they all nearly died that winter. However, anyone who reads the manuscript see that the harvest was in "summer" the next year. (AFTER Bradford dispensed with their efforts of communism/socialism and let each family tend to their own gardens and trade at will.)

I might add that fake historians have asserted that the government purposely gave the indians the blankets used by small pox victims so as to kill the indians. There was NO knowledge of germs back then, they had no clue that the blankets were infected.
not knowing the mechanism for the transmission of disease, bacteria and viruses, does not mean that people did not know about contamination. The bedding and clothing of smallpox victims were burned because everyone knew that they would give anyone who used them small pox.

as for purposefully infecting Native Americans with smallpox - in 1763 Chief Pontiac and his allies started an uprising against English settlers in the Great Lakes region. The Indians destroyed several of the British forts, but Fort Pitt in what is now Pittsburgh. held out under the command of Captain Simeon Ecuyer.

Lord Jeffery Amherst, the commander and chief of the British army sent Colonel Henry Bouquet, the leader of the expedition to relieve Fort Pitt, a note: "Could it not be contrived to send the smallpox among the disaffected tribes of Indians? We must on this occasion use every stratagem in our power to reduce them.” Bouquet replied: “I will try to inoculate the bastards with some blankets that may fall into their hands, and take care not to get the disease myself.” Amherst approved the plan advocating the use of smallpox “by means of blankets, as well as every other method that can serve to extirpate this execrable race.”

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wallbuilders

There may not have been no knowledge of what you see in a microscope called a germ but they sure did know things about how sickness was transferred and germ warfare was normal....for the British that is. It may be pure libel and speculation about colonists purposely spreading smallpox among native Americans but its factual history that during the Revolutionary war we were winning Canada, had a large army there about to emerge victorious and the British sent smallpox infected blankets into the American camps and it killed an 3rd of them, sickened another 3rd and we had to abandon the campaign.

Upvote 0