Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat:
il_570xN.556954108_93je.jpg

This thread was split from an existing thread in the Q&A forum. Please remember this fellowship forum is for understanding and heart to heart communication. Debate and Flaming are not allowed.
Mod Hat Off.....

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but you are saying you don't like what's recorded in the Bible. I can't help you with that.

http://www.takeapen.org/Takeapen/Templates/showpage.asp?DBID=1&LNGID=1&TMID=84&FID=922

Not that this justifies deaths on either side, but children on both sides are being killed.

That is very sad indeed. I have never seen this list of child deaths before. It saddens me very much. Thanks for posting it and yet I regret seeing it

Is English your native tongue?

yes;

May you and yours live long and prosper :)-

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Killing is one thing & murder is another. Moses murders a man in cold blood. Which is a total violation of one of the Ten Commandments. Care to guess which one?
Murder is an interesting word. Usually it refers to illegal killing. But it can also refer to immoral killing even when the killing is legal (as in crimes against humanity). In the same respect, one can say that something can be declared "murder" by law, and yet on a moral level NOT be murder.

In the case of Moses, it is the latter. Legally, to kill an Egyptian in order to defend slaves was murder by the letter of the law. Yet morally, "Thou shalt not stand idly by while thy brother's blood is shed." Moses did exactly what God would soon make a commandment for all. It is part and parcel of loving your neighbor as yourself.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
and he spied an Egyptian

he slew the Egyptian

behold, two men of the Hebrews

said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

The onlookers are saying Moses murders a fellow Jew not an “Egyptian” ?
They knew Moses as Egyptian royalty, not as a fellowJew.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They knew Moses as Egyptian royalty, not as a fellowJew.

Are you saying Moses was not Jewish-?

If you are then I have learned something new this evening ; then again you can educate me just a little bit more. How do you know that Moses was a member of the Egyptian royalty-?

just asking
& who is "they" may I ask :)-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

If you are then I have learned something new this evening ; then again you can educate me just a little bit more. How do you know that Moses was a member of the Egyptian royalty-?

just asking

Have you read Exodus? If not, I suggest you do so.

In Exodus, the Egyptians were killing all the Hebrew males when they are born. So, Moses's mother placed him in a basket and floated it down river. It happened that it was found by the Pharaoh's daughter and she took him for a son. So, to the average Hebrew, Moses was the son of the Egyptian royalty and not one of them.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 2

1 And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi. 2 So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months. 3 But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river’s bank. 4 And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him.

5 Then the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river. And her maidens walked along the riverside; and when she saw the ark among the reeds, she sent her maid to get it. 6 And when she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby wept. So she had compassion on him, and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.”

7 Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for you?”

8 And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the maiden went and called the child’s mother. 9 Then Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. So she called his name Moses,[a] saying, “Because I drew him out of the water.”

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

just asking

I agree with @LoAmmi. Reading the Old Testament, especially the first 5 books (which are the same as the Torah) will be extremely helpful not only to understand the Old Testament, but also to understand the underlying foundation of the Christian faith. I highly recommend reading (or rereading) them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with @LoAmmi. .,.,to understand the underlying foundation of the Christian faith. I highly recommend reading (or rereading) them.

I have read the Old Testament & have many passages marked with tags. You can also get an electronic version that has a search function if you wand to look for specific words or phrases.

:)-

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

just asking

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I have read the Old Testament & have many passages marked with tags. You can also get an electronic version that has a search function if you wand to look for specific words or phrases.

:)-

I think we ask because you seem to lack the very basics of the text like not understanding the story of Moses and such.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is the linage from Noah to Rachel to Joseph

(Gen 5:28 KJV) And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

(Gen 5:29 KJV) And he called his name Noah

(Gen 5:32 KJV) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem

(Gen 10:21 KJV) Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber

(Gen 10:25 KJV) And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg;

(Gen 11:18 KJV) And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:

(Gen 11:20 KJV) And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:

(Gen 11:22 KJV) And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:

(Gen 22:20 KJV) And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;

(Gen 22:21 KJV) Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,

(Gen 22:22 KJV) And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.

(Gen 22:23 KJV) And Bethuel begat Rebekah

(Gen 24:29 KJV) And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban.

(Gen 29:16 KJV) And Laban had two daughters.,.and the name of the younger was Rachel

(Gen 30:25 KJV) And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph.

And Joseph is where I begin this unfolding story---

(Gen 37:1 KJV) And Jacob dwelt in the land wherein his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.

Ps Jacob was renamed “Israel”

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

(Deu 2:29 KJV) (As the children of Esau which dwell in Seir, and the Moabites which dwell in Ar, did unto me;) until I shall pass over Jordan into the land which the LORD our God giveth us.

Not much to create a discussion on; but it did feel good making this post :)-

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because they believed Moses was an Egyptian. He was the adopted son of the Pharaoh. They had no reason to believe he was anything but another Egyptian, but one who just killed another Egyptian.

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers.

And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man,
he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

warrant for his arrest was issued out and justice will prevail so long as the rule of law prevails :)-

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The point is; most Jewish Egyptians looked upon their fellow native "Egyptians" as one of "their own"

I do believe it will be some time before that feeling returns.,.,.
.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,If ever :)-

No. The Hebrews believed Moses was an Egyptian not a Hebrew. That's clear in the text. I'm sorry if you are missing it.

Upvote 0