Under the New Covenant, where is the Biblical text for Worshipping on a particular day (ie Sunday)

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jesus fulfilled the whole law and beyond.
Brother, happy Sabbath! Jesus died to save the law, so it wouldn't be taken away. We can return to obedience to the law when Jesus creates us anew, removing the punishment for past sins from us by taking them upon himself as our creator and ultimately responsible for our actions.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)​

The purpose is given in the verse above: so we can do the good things He planned for us "long ago". Long ago, God planned for us the seventh day of creation to remember His "holy" day. Do you remember "the Lord's day" in gratitude for His salvation as the early church did?

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” (Revelation 1:9-11 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The law contained shadows of the approaching Christ.

Hebrews 10:1
For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the form of those things itself, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually every year, make those who approach perfect.

Christ was perfect in righteousness, therefore Jesus Christ was the utter fulfillment of everything the law demanded. Perfect love in bodily form.

Jesus fulfilled the whole law and beyond.
Most have no idea what is being spoken here and how deeply connected it is to verse 26.

What some do know is this verse is not referencing the law that is in our hearts; the Decalogue.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, happy Sabbath! Jesus died to save the law, so it wouldn't be taken away.
So Jesus did not fulfill the law?

The law grants the knowledge of sin. The purpose of the law was to notify you of your enmity to God.
The law condemns you. The law was made for the unrighteous.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most have no idea what is being spoken here and how deeply connected it is to verse 26.

What some do know is this verse is not referencing the law that is in our hearts; the Decalogue.
I read the scripture differently to you.

God's law is love from a pure heart, that's how Jesus lived.

The written law is weak and useless, the law only tells you that you don't measure up.

Hebrews 7:18
For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness.

Love was poured into our hearts and not the ten commandments.

Ephesians 3:17
So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So Jesus did not fulfill the law? The law grants the knowledge of sin. The purpose of the law was to notify you of your enmity to God. The law condemns you. The law was made for the unrighteous.
Brother, Paul is trying to explain how Jesus changed our relationship to the law. If it were possible to remove the law, Jesus did not have to die. The Law without the death of Jesus does not allow a sinner to come out of his sin. Jesus' death made it possible for a sinner to grow out of his sin through Jesus' ministry as our High Priest. The shadow with the animal sacrifices help us understand the process. We still have to go to Jesus for forgiveness repeatedly, even though He does not die again to forgive us again like the death of so many animals before Jesus. We do not automatically receive forgiveness on the cross, we are forgiven when we turn to Jesus as our High Priest to "intercede" for us. Repeated is this process until separated is all sin from our character. This process after Jesus is faster and eternal compared to animal sacrifices that clearly showed the repetition until removed is all sin from us.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever. (Hebrews 7:25-28 NIV)​

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read the scripture differently to you.

God's law is love from a pure heart, that's how Jesus lived.

The written law is weak and useless, the law only tells you that you don't measure up.

Hebrews 7:18
For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness.

Love was poured into our hearts and not the ten commandments.

Ephesians 3:17
So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love.
Obviously you are not serious.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we are under the new covenant
1. Love the lord thy God
2. Love thy neighbour as thyself

where is the command to worship our creator on a particular day?
( Please allow me to parse your OP to better answer your questions.) True, under the New Covenant there is no command to worship on any particular day. There is no command to keep Sabbaths. We're to worship God in spirit and in truth. The NT does cover acceptable worship in Romans 14 and other scriptures.

Do we even need therefore to worship at all in church and celebrate creation and the creator?
I don't know if celebrating creation means anything, but worshipping God is a reasonable service.
What is the point of Sunday worship at all?
The objective or point of worship is to bring glory, praises and honor to God. When you worship is between you and God.
Did Jesus ask us to worship his resurrection anywhere in the Bible?
No, we probably worship God for the same reasons you do. Who told you that we worship His resurrection?

I put this question out there because a number of non trinitarians for example
- "show me a bible text that says "trinity"
- show me an text that commands "worship on sabbath" prior to exodus 20,
- show me a text that says the apostles and Gentiles were commanded to "keep the Seventh Day Sabbath"

So i turn that same literal reasoning back onto Sunday worshipers...Can you show me texts in the Bible where it specifically says "worship my resurrection on the first day of the week"?
Only God is worth worshipping, not a day. You're intentionally misrepresenting our worship.
Finally, if you use the argument "I worship God on every day", and you then go to Church services on Sunday because you were commanded somewhere in the covenant to do so (ie worship Jesus your messiah), then based on the model/standard God gave to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden that they worship him in a special time on the Seventh day may i ask, are you breaking the law by working on all days you worship the creator? for the commandment says "on it thou shalt not do any work, neither yourself nor your servant...etc?
How do you explain your church's Wednesday services? Do you worship the Wednesday God? It's not fun to be misquoted or misrepresented.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do you explain your church's Wednesday services? Do you worship the Wednesday God? It's not fun to be misquoted or misrepresented.

I am sure our Creator feels the same way when He made it abundantly clear the day we are to keep holy, when He not only spoke it He wrote it with His own finger. Wednesday and Sunday are working days according to God, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You will need to take it up with God, because this is His commandment and one that continues forever. Isaiah 66:23

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure our Creator feels the same way when He made it abundantly clear the day we are to keep holy, when He not only spoke it He wrote it with His own finger. Wednesday and Sunday are working days according to God, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You will need to take it up with God, because this is His commandment and one that continues forever. Isaiah 66:23
Amen friend!
The new covenant which is a new agreement based only on the promises of God. For God has said. He will put His Laws in our hearts and minds. Ratified by our acceptance of the blood of the new covenant through Christ. Purged of the old man, our conscience, who we are outside of Christ through the blood of the new covenant. A vessel made fit for holy use To serve the living God. Through the Law in the heart and mind, a new conscience, the new man created in Christ Jesus. Guided through our Lord God through His Spirit.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
( Please allow me to parse your OP to better answer your questions.) True, under the New Covenant there is no command to worship on any particular day. There is no command to keep Sabbaths. We're to worship God in spirit and in truth. The NT does cover acceptable worship in Romans 14 and other scriptures.

I don't know if celebrating creation means anything, but worshipping God is a reasonable service.
The objective or point of worship is to bring glory, praises and honor to God. When you worship is between you and God.
No, we probably worship God for the same reasons you do. Who told you that we worship His resurrection?

Only God is worth worshipping, not a day. You're intentionally misrepresenting our worship.
A Law is that which is. It can not be changed. God's laws are in our hearts and minds. This includes the Sabbath. Any time we go against that which is we disrupt God's Natural order of things, claiming ourselves to be god and worship the created rather than the Creator and sustainer of all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Trust the bible. According to Genesis narrative It's abundantly clear that God chose one people, one nation through Abraham. Moses tell us that God did not command the fathers before Moses to keep the Sabbath and the law. The verse you quote from Ex 20 is not commanding the world, it's speaking to the Children of Israel.
Your commentary of God's word changes the facts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The verse you quote from Ex 20 is not commanding the world, it's speaking to the Children of Israel. Your commentary of God's word changes the facts.
Brother, we are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel". We are from the "part" of "all Israel" that accepted Jesus. The early church was from the "part" of "all Israel" that was not hardened and grafted we are into that "part" of "all Israel".

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25b-29 NIV)​

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Trust the bible. According to Genesis narrative It's abundantly clear that God chose one people, one nation through Abraham. Moses tell us that God did not command the fathers before Moses to keep the Sabbath and the law. The verse you quote from Ex 20 is not commanding the world, it's speaking to the Children of Israel.
God's Israel in the new covenant, according to the new covenant scriptures, are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but all those who are now born of the Spirit through believing and following God's Word *Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 2:28-29. If you are not a part of Gods' Israel in the new covenant you have no part in Gods' new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27. Gentiles believers are now grafted in *Romans 11:13-27 (need more scripture?). So all scripture is therefore given by inspiration of God and it profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness *2 Timothy 3:16 and have been written for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come *1 Corinthians 10:11. All of Gods' Word therefore are for Gods' true Israel as we are to live by every word of them according to Jesus *Matthew 4:4 including God's 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that given us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to Paul, James and John in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:10-11 and 1 John 3:4. So who should we now believe and follow God or man? Something to pray about when the many come to Jesus at His coming and say Lord Lord have we not done this and that in your name and he says depart from me you who practice sin (iniquity) I never knew you. *Matthew 7:21-23. My prayer is that no one here hears these words because they choose to close their eyes and ears from hearing and seeing Gods' Word when God is calling us all to return back to His Word. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. God is calling us and says "Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters" Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy.... Babylon is fallen ... come out of her my people.. *Revelation 14:7-12, Exodus 20:8-11; Revelation 18:1-5. Only God's sheep hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear will not follow because they are not His sheep according to Jesus in *John 10:26-27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I do trust the bible! I also trust when Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for man and not just Jews Mark 2:27 and that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, this is the real Lord's day and the only day our Savior blessed and made holy from the beginning of time Genesis 2:2,3 . When you read the Bible, the Spirit should guide us and will reveal the stories in the bible are not just for fun reading, there is meaning to everything written and has valuable lessons for us today. Do you think God only wants Jew to worship Him on His holy day and everyone else gets to pick? He loves all of us and wants everyone to keep His Sabbath holy as it is a blessing and a delight. Isaiah 58:13 Just like not lying or worshipping other gods is not okay for everyone except Jews.

Do you want to be part of God's offspring?

Revelations 12: 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The devil is enraged by those who keep God's commandments. Do you want to make the devil happy or our Savior?

God's saints keeps His commandments and that can be from any nationality, not just one and it's for anyone who is willing to obey God's authority over man.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A Law is that which is. It can not be changed. God's laws are in our hearts and minds. This includes the Sabbath. Any time we go against that which is we disrupt God's Natural order of things, claiming ourselves to be god and worship the created rather than the Creator and sustainer of all.
We'd have to agree to disagree on some of your statement.... (Not the word of God).
Question: Does forgiveness of sins contradict the law?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do trust the bible! I also trust when Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for man and not just Jews Mark 2:27 and that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, this is the real Lord's day and the only day our Savior blessed and made holy from the beginning of time Genesis 2:2,3 .
a)Your comment on Mark2:27 about Jesus saying "not just for Jews" is made up to be deceptive about what Jesus really said.)
b)The fact that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath means He is not subject to it, because He officiates as the High Priest does. That's why Jesus referenced Abiathar the high priest allowing David to eat the showbread.

c) You should research 'if' the term "the Lord's day" is a reference to the Sabbath day or not.

When you read the Bible, the Spirit should guide us and will reveal the stories in the bible are not just for fun reading, there is meaning to everything written and has valuable lessons for us today. Do you think God only wants Jew to worship Him on His holy day and everyone else gets to pick? He loves all of us and wants everyone to keep His Sabbath holy as it is a blessing and a delight. Isaiah 58:13 Just like not lying or worshipping other gods is not okay for everyone except Jews.

Do you want to be part of God's offspring?

Revelations 12: 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The devil is enraged with those keeping God's commandments. Do you want to make the devil happy or our Savior?

God's saints keeps His commandments and that can be from any nationality, not just one and it's for anyone who is willing to obey God's authority over man.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

God bless
Taking partial quotes out of context does not give you the green light to create false teachings. I do not follow references without it's context.
Jesus did not say that Sabbath was made at creation for all humanity.
Mark 2:27 speaks in the singular to teach that a man's need (for food) trumps the ceremonial observation, as in the example Jesus gave (Mark 27:23-28, Mat 12:1–8; Luk 6:1–5 )
I do not agree with your other references or comments.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother, we are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel". We are from the "part" of "all Israel" that accepted Jesus. The early church was from the "part" of "all Israel" that was not hardened and grafted we are into that "part" of "all Israel".

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25b-29 NIV)​

Disagree. Read the Rom 11 text again. We're Gentiles who better accept Jesus. They're the enemies in references to their rejections of Him, giving us an opening to get in. But they were the chosen, the elected, they had the covenants.
God's word to Abraham made it clear that all nation would be His children. God was obligated by His plan to save. But we do not become Israel and follow their covenant. We're under the New Covenant

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
a)Your comment on Mark2:27 about Jesus saying "not just for Jews" is made up to be deceptive about what Jesus really said.)

Does it? Jesus said:
Mark 2:27 The sabbath was made for man

Maybe you can find the missing words of 'Jew' in this sentence. Jesus said this after the Pharisee's was accusing Jesus of breaking God's Sabbath, which He wasn't and therefore was keeping God's Sabbath. Jesus is our perfect example and He taught all about the Sabbath and kept the Sabbath Luke 4:16 and we are told to follow in Christ's footsteps. Luke 9:23-25

b)The fact that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath means He is not subject to it, because He officiates as the High Priest does. That's why Jesus referenced Abiathar the high priest allowing David to eat the showbread.

God's Sabbath started from Creation and will continue for eternity. Jesus kept God's Sabbath and all of God's laws and told us to as well. John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

God does not to rest. God rested from all His work as an example to man. Notice man was created on the sixth day and the very next day is God's Sabbath. Do you really think the first man and women did not keep God's Sabbath holy, the only day in the entire Bible that God blessed and sanctified? Which is why throughout the bible the Sabbath is referenced as God's holy day and only holy day. God's Sabbath day will be a day of worship for eternity. Isaiah 66:23 for all those who are saved.

Mark 2:27 speaks in the singular to teach that a man's need (for food) trumps the ceremonial observation, as in the example Jesus gave (Mark 27:23-28, Mat 12:1–8; Luk 6:1–5 )

You should probably re-read these scriptures again carefully in prayer. Jesus is not teaching about the need for food here. He is teaching about the Sabbath. He is teaching that the Pharisees were making God's Sabbath something it was not. He was teaching we should do good on God's Sabbath and eating is not a sin on Sabbath. The Pharisees was concerned more about what people were doing on God's Sabbath than the delight God intended Sabbath to be. A special day of communion with our Savior. Isaiah 58:13,14

c) You should research 'if' the term "the Lord's day" is a reference to the Sabbath day or not.

Usually when one makes a statement like this they back it up with scripture, which I see you did not. Maybe you can show me one scripture in the entire bible that says the first day is God's holy day, or a day God blessed or sanctified or the Lord's day or God's Sabbath day.

Instead God wrote this with His own hand:

Exodus 20: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God:
Similar to what Jesus said: Mark 2:28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

This is God's authority! He is our Creator and Savior!

The seventh day Sabbath is God's only chosen sacred day period. When we obey God's commandments we are obeying God's authority and not the authority of man that Jesus warned us about:

Mathew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Keeping Sunday holy or the "lords day" is coming from the Roman Catholic church and not from a commandment of God.

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

Protestants ... accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change... But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that ... in observing Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the Church, the pope.
—Our Sunday Visitor, February 5th, 1950.

There is no commandment from God or Jesus that does away with God's 4th commandment that God asked us to REMEMBER, which is the opposite what is being taught today and as predicted in scripture. Daniel 7:25

I want to enrage the devil by keeping God's commandments. This pleases the Lord thy God. 1 John 5:2 Revelations 12:17, Revelations 14:12 and Jesus is my Master and Redeemer, not anyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Disagree. Read the Rom 11 text again. We're Gentiles who better accept Jesus. They're the enemies in references to their rejections of Him, giving us an opening to get in.
Brother, you assume that "all Israel" rejected Jesus! I read it again and I have the same understanding of two parts of "All Israel". Didn't you see the word "part"? Only "part" of "All Israel" became hardened, not "all Israel" accepted Jesus. The passage divides "all Israel" into two "parts". Hardened was "part" of "all Israel" and the other "part" accepted the Gospel of Jesus. We who were Gentiles "come in" to the "part" that accepted the Gospel of Jesus. When Paul speaks of us Gentiles, he refers to our origin to differentiate the grafted wild branches from the native ones, but he refers to where we came from, and not what we are after we "come in" to "all Israel".

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother, you assume that "all Israel" rejected Jesus! I read it again and I have the same understanding of two parts of "All Israel". Didn't you see the word "part"? Only "part" of "All Israel" became hardened, not "all Israel" accepted Jesus. The passage divides "all Israel" into two "parts". Hardened was "part" of "all Israel" and the other "part" accepted the Gospel of Jesus. We who were Gentiles "come in" to the "part" that accepted the Gospel of Jesus. When Paul speaks of us Gentiles, he refers to our origin to differentiate the grafted wild branches from the native ones, but he refers to where we came from, and not what we are after we "come in" to "all Israel".

Obviously you're rejecting what Paul is teaching.
It's factual that before Jesus appeared to Paul, the gospel was preached primarily to Jews. Peter was the first to baptize a Gentile (Cornelius). You have no scripture to prove that Gentiles were a part of Israel. Jesus chose Paul to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles. The scriptures you highlight does not help your comments at all.

Upvote 0