Under the New Covenant, where is the Biblical text for Worshipping on a particular day (ie Sunday)

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Constantine’s Creed
Creed of Constantinople Church

“I renounce all customs, rites, legalisms, unleavened breads and sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews, and all the other feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspirations, purifications, sanctifications, and propitiations, and fasts and New Moons, and Sabbaths, and superstitions, and hymns and chants, and observances, and synagogues.
Amen. There were lots of creeds in the fourth century. Here are two; The Nicene creed (Nicaea 325 AD) and the Nicene creed (Constantinople 381 AD).
Absolutely everything Jewish, every [TORAH] Law, rite and custom and if afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with Jews, or feasting with them, or secretly conversing and condemning the Christian religion instead of openly confuting them and condemning their vain faith, then let the trembling of Cain and the leprosy of Gehazi cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be an anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with Satan and the devils.” Stefano Assemani, Acta Sanctorium Martyrum Orientalium at Occidentalium, Vol. 1, Rome 1748, page 105. [Emphasis mine]
Amen again. Christians will not partake in the written law of Moses.

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Different subject with Jorge. Sorry for the confusion.

God made the covenant with Judah and Israel. That is what it says and I have no reason to dispute what the Holy Writ says. Why would I tell you anything besides what scripture says? Jesus is God and God has every right to include Gentiles and that is what He did. Are you denying that Gentiles are part of the new covenant???? Seems like you are.

no what i am saying is that one cannot say that Rev 12:9 and 14:12 is not talking about statutes and laws that are the 10 commandments and that the New Covenant Jesus talked about is not the same relationship between those OT statutes and Laws and Gentiles.

Amen. There were lots of creeds in the fourth century. Here are two; The Nicene creed (Nicaea 325 AD) and the Nicene creed (Constantinople 381 AD). Amen again. Christians will not partake in the written law of Moses.

I dissagree and for good reason. Hebrews Chapter 8:

vs 6 "Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

8But God found fault with the people and said: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

10For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds and inscribe them on their hearts.

This means:
- Sunday worship is false.
- The New Commandment Jesus gave is actually a catalogue version of the original 10 commandments that were not done away with at all as sunday worshipping churches continue to falsely teach,
- the Seventh Day Sabbath is Saturday and not keeping it goes against God himself.
Will all sincerity, this means, those who read these forums and ignore what is being said about the Sabbath are condemning themselves.
It is my strong belief that if one was to very carefully research the Sabbath and allow the Holy Spirit in, they would be convicted it is the correct doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen. There were lots of creeds in the fourth century. Here are two; The Nicene creed (Nicaea 325 AD) and the Nicene creed (Constantinople 381 AD). Amen again. Christians will not partake in the written law of Moses.

Yes, Mainstream Christianity is the rejection of God and His Laws, replaced by the image of God after the likeness of a long haired men's hair shampoo model, and the doctrines and traditions of men.

This is why I don't "partake" in the religious doctrines and traditions of the popular religions of this world. Instead, I follow the God of the bible and HIS Son who said;

"Salvation is of the Jews"

And again.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Yes, the ancient church of Constantine, and her protestant daughters are very successful religious businesses, and "many" are on the Path they created to enter eternal life through their religious philosophies.

But for me, I'm sticking to the Christ of the bible.

• Friendly
Reactions: AdamjEdgar
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It is impossible for a Gentile to comply with the law of Moses, because they cannot be circumcised. What more needs to be said?
Prove it Jorge.
Brothers, physical circumcision pointed to a time when God would do the true circumcision of the heart in us. Paul is not ending "circumcision"! Paul is saying that the external circumcision of the mutilators of the flesh is no longer under our control because it is done by God. The true circumcision of God is within us. We still need circumcision to belong to Jesus, even though it is no longer external.

Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh (Philippians 3:2-3 NIV)​

What is still under our control, as an external "sign", that we follow God and are not rebellious like His enemy, is the Sabbath. I do not see the external "sign" that God has circumcised the heart in the human tradition of Sunday worship.

I am the Lord your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.” (Ezekiel 20:19-20 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no what i am saying is that one cannot say that Rev 12:9 and 14:12 is not talking about statutes and laws that are the 10 commandments and that the New Covenant Jesus talked about is not the same relationship between those OT statutes and Laws and Gentiles.
What do you mean no one can say? You are adding to scripture Adam, This is SDA propaganda. What you have come to believe and what is truth is two different things. Had the author wanted to say 10 commandments he would have chosen those words. Paul wrote in 1Cor 3:6-11 that the 10 commandments were done away. He also wrote in Gal 3:19 that the law was until Jesus. In Eph 2:25 he wrote that Jesus came and set aside the Law. How much more do you need to know that Gentiles and Christians were never under the ritual requirements of the covenant given only to Israel? The new covenant great law is that we love others as Jesus loves us, Jn 15:10-14. We are new Testament Christians Adam, We are not under the laws given to only one little group of people.

I dissagree and for good reason. Hebrews Chapter 8:

vs 6 "Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

8But God found fault with the people and said: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

10For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds and inscribe them on their hearts.

This means:
- Sunday worship is false.
It doesn't do any such thing. We are free to worship whenever we please. There is not one indication in the new covenant that requires us to worship on a special day and the old covenant expired at Calvary.

- The New Commandment Jesus gave is actually a catalogue version of the original 10 commandments that were not done away with at all as sunday worshipping churches continue to falsely teach,
Do you know that there are some people who might really believe that? Be very careful what you write, make sure it is Biblical. Read Jesus command in Jn 15: 10 then come back and tell us why you thing it is a "catalogue Version"

- the Seventh Day Sabbath is Saturday and not keeping it goes against God himself.
If you were an Israelite under the old done away covenant.

Will all sincerity, this means, those who read these forums and ignore what is being said about the Sabbath are condemning themselves.
It is my strong belief that if one was to very carefully research the Sabbath and allow the Holy Spirit in, they would be convicted it is the correct doctrine.
It is the strong belief of some that having musical instruments in the church will condemn. Your strong belief isn't Biblical, it comes from your prophet, Ellen White who has been proven over and over to be a false messenger. The church is at an impasse as how to get rid of her. Her writings continue to be an embarrassment.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
After reading your first statement I reply without reading any further...Bob, I'm sorry but you are more interested in red herrings than researching with an open mind.
You are barking up the wrong tree and wont see the cat is in the one next to it.
People have repeatedly shown you Bible passages that specifically talk to the doctrine...words such as Sabbath, new covenant with the house of Israel and of judah (I will write my laws in their hearts and minds),

And yet you still wallow around in a tangle trying to string doctrine from passages that do not even relate to these things. It's illogical and wrong.

The reality is...
1. the new covenant was made with Israel and judah
2. In the new covenant God would write his laws in the hearts and minds of his people
3. Jesus new commandment is the same as the 10 commandments...it is no different...you just make it different so you don't have to keep the Sabbath period!

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After reading your first statement I reply without reading any further...Bob, I'm sorry but you are more interested in red herrings than researching with an open mind.
My friend, I was an Adventist for 40 years. You have not told me a thing about the belief system that I have not studied. I see that all you are interested in is trying to convince me of your belief system. You have not entertained one verse I have presented, that I know of, to you and I know why. It is because your mind is closed to all that anyone has shown you. I was the same way. I didn't have someone like me to help me see the other side. I was too stubborn and my mind was completely closed to anything others tried to show me, so they just gave up trying. Now I know it was my loss.

You are barking up the wrong tree and wont see the cat is in the one next to it.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Maybe someday you will wake up and see that what you deem to be truth is full of holes. The foundation is full of cracks.

People have repeatedly shown you Bible passages that specifically talk to the doctrine...words such as Sabbath, new covenant with the house of Israel and of judah (I will write my laws in their hearts and minds),
Yes, they have, but not in the right perspective.

And yet you still wallow around in a tangle trying to string doctrine from passages that do not even relate to these things. It's illogical and wrong.
Now you know that is not true. You have not taken me to task on anything I have presented. All you have done present nothings just like your "wallow around" sentence which is a bunch of nothing. Take me to task about Eph 2, 2Cor 3, Gal 3, 1Jn 3, Matt 5. Gal 3:
1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? 4 Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

The reality is...
1. the new covenant was made with Israel and judah
2. In the new covenant God would write his laws in the hearts and minds of his people
3. Jesus new commandment is the same as the 10 commandments...it is no different...you just make it different so you don't have to keep the Sabbath period!
What covenant do you think you are under?

P.S. Why would Jesus tell us He gave us a NEW command if He really didn't like you wrote? You are very confused and the more you write the more telling it becomes.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Why would Jesus tell us He gave us a NEW command if He really didn't like you wrote? You are very confused and the more you write the more telling it becomes.
Brother, the ten commandments are the minimum love that God demands, but we can certainly love more as Jesus showed by laying down His life for His friends. A new command does not replace what God told us before, it only raises the bar even higher with the example of Jesus on how to love one another. With the help of the Holy Spirit in the "surpassing glory" of the new covenant, we accomplish more and certainly not less than the lesser "glory" of the ten commandments. Jesus also showed how to love God by remembering God's "holy" day each week in Israel. Those that say that the ten commandments cannot be kept, hear the boasting of Paul below. This is before Paul gained the greater help from the Holy Spirit to obey, in the new covenant, that would make Paul's achievement prior, child's play with the "surpassing glory" of the new covenant. Many claim to have the blessing of the new covenant but cannot fulfill the lesser "glory" of the ten commandments. If they cannot fulfill the lesser "glory" of the old covenant, how can they fulfill the "surpassing glory" of the new covenant?

as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless. (Philippians 3:6 NIV)​

United in the hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My friend, I was an Adventist for 40 years. You have not told me a thing about the belief system that I have not studied. I was too stubborn and my mind was completely closed to anything others tried to show me, so they just gave up trying. Now I know it was my loss.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Maybe someday you will wake up and see that what you deem to be truth is full of holes. The foundation is full of cracks.

P.S. Why would Jesus tell us He gave us a NEW command if He really didn't like you wrote? You are very confused and the more you write the more telling it becomes.

To answer your last point directly...i cannot explain this any more simply to you, it has been presented dozens of times in the past. However you continue to ignore the references given.

The New Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Hebrews 8: "But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

Jeremiah 331:33 “But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts."

Hebrews 9:15 "For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

thats the new covenant in a nutshell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We know what the "LAW" is that is being spoken of above...every Sunday worshipping group has already defined that when they say "we are not under the old law given to the Israelites at Sinai!" These same people then bark on about the ceremonial and by-laws in an attempt to throw them all into the same basket...israelite laws not given to the Gentiles. Clearly that is 100% a false belief!

It cannot be put anymore simply than the above texts above that SPECIFICALLY outline exactly what the New Covenant is (prophesied by Jeremiah and repeated by Jesus).

I am sorry, however, in all honesty, anyone that refuses to get this is either denying reality just for the heck of it, or absolutely stone cold stupid!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To answer your last point directly...i cannot explain this any more simply to you,
My last point was that Jesus did give us a new command and you SIMPLY cannot answer because you previously wrote that He didn't give us any new commands which shows that you know little about the Bible except what Adventists have taught you. You have put all your eggs in one basket that has a bunch of big holes in it.

it has been presented dozens of times in the past. However you continue to ignore the references given.
Now I am getting a bit heated. Your statement is a blatant lie. I have gone overboard in answering your statements. Either you just gloss over the answers or your mind is so full of Adventist beliefs that you cannot see the trees for the forest. It is you that never answer questions and statements. For instance in my last post I wrote this: Paul wrote in 1Cor 3:6-11 that the 10 commandments were done away. He also wrote in Gal 3:19 that the law was until Jesus. In Eph 2:25 he wrote that Jesus came and set aside the Law. How much more do you need to know that Gentiles and Christians were never under the ritual requirements of the covenant given only to Israel? The new covenant great law is that we love others as Jesus loves us, Jn 15:10-14. We are new Testament Christians Adam, we are not under the laws given to only one little group of people.
Instead of innuendoes address the issues I put forth.

The New Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Hebrews 8: "But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

Jeremiah 331:33 “But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts."

Hebrews 9:15 "For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

thats the new covenant in a nutshell.
MY LAW, what was MY LAW? You contend MY LAW was the 10 commandments, but is that what the scripture is telling us? Read the following if you really want to know the truth.

Heb 9:19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20 He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.” 21 In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. 22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

What was in the scroll? In case you haven't studied it, the scroll contained the 10 commandments AND all the words of the law God spoke to Moses. Now that really would cause a conundrum if we believe that all those ceremonial laws were actually written on our hearts. First of all, the sacrificial laws were replaced with Jesus the final sacrifice. Secondly, the vail to the most Holy in the Temple was rent from top to bottom at Calvary doing away with all the laws concerning ceremonies of which the weekly Sabbath was one. So, we know that MY LAW is not what was written in the scroll. Jesus told us what My law is in Jn15:1-14. 1Jn 3:19-24 tells us we are of the truth if we do what Jesus commanded, love others as Jesus loves us. So much for what Adventists teach.

I am sorry, however, in all honesty, anyone that refuses to get this is either denying reality just for the heck of it, or absolutely stone cold stupid!
When one cannot stand up and answer questions and statements, they revert to name calling and other degrading words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did give a new commandment10 commandments in a nutshell (it is very very simple

1-3 love the Lord thy God
5-10 love thy neighbour as thyself
joined by fhe Seventh Day Sabbath

A very logical and simple truth... Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Y keeping his commandments and having his testimony, we are pleasing him and seeking his righteousness (and even simple logic proves that)

The reference provided to you discredits the rationale 'the Sabbath is only for the Jews and the New Covenant is for Gentiles'...I have exposed that ridiculous belief in a single text...it's absolutely wrong.

To add to this, we also know why the gentiles changed their day of worship...history has proven it was to disassociate themselves from Sabbath keeping Jews to avoid persecution leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D 70 (the temple tax being one example of what they were trying to avoid)

Bob why did you leave the Adventist movement 40 years ago? Rarely do people leave because of doctrine...it's usually due to a personal issue such as a falling out with other individuals over a petty personal problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did give a new commandment10 commandments in a nutshell (it is very very simple

1-3 love the Lord thy God
5-10 love thy neighbour as thyself
joined by fhe Seventh Day Sabbath
Sorry Adam, you must not have comprehended my post. Jesus new commandment is to "love others AS HE LOVES US". greater love has no man than to give his life for someone else.

A very logical and simple truth... Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.
Yes He is and He gave the command for the Israelites to observe it. He is Lord to either give it to Gentiles or not to give it. He chose not to give it to Gentiles. Anyway, it ended at Calvary when He gave all mankind the new and better covenant.

Y keeping his commandments and having his testimony, we are pleasing him and seeking his righteousness (and even simple logic proves that)
Absolutely, we are to love others as He loves us.

The reference provided to you discredits the rationale 'the Sabbath is only for the Jews and the New Covenant is for Gentiles'...I have exposed that ridiculous belief in a single text...it's absolutely wrong.
Bologna

To add to this, we also know why the gentiles changed their day of worship...history has proven it was to disassociate themselves from Sabbath keeping Jews to avoid persecution leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D 70 (the temple tax being one example of what they were trying to avoid)
More bologna

Bob why did you leave the Adventist movement 40 years ago? Rarely do people leave because of doctrine...it's usually due to a personal issue such as a falling out with other individuals over a petty personal problem.
The church has given you a bunch of false information Adam. They want you to believe that because it makes them look good. Most people leave because they do not believe what the church teaches and that is a fact. I love the people and think very highly of them. We have very close Adventist friends whom we vacation with and fellowship with others. One of our children is still in the church, but does not believe all the dogma and especially Ellen White.

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob I think your belief here is simply an effort to settle a score against whichever Adventist group you claimed to be a member of...none of what you said is consistent.
First you argue that we are under a new covenant not the old Israelite one.
Someone proves the new covenant is for the Israelites in the book of Hebrews written long after Jesus death on the cross, then you jump onto a different bandwagon claiming it (the new covenant) wasn't given to the gentiles.
Then you deny that the saints in Revelation 12:9 and 14:12 are keeping the 10 commandments when its absolutely clear that is exactly the laws they are keeping (Jesus gave a single new commandment not plural is just one very obvious reason why)
It is shown that Sunday worship was a result of an historical event by the Christians in the late first century to separate themselves from jews by changing their day of worship.

Despite the above and many other references given to you, even in light of the overwhelming evidence, you continue to use the defense "Adventists are brainwashed"? That simply isn't even an argument...not a single one of any of your arguments dispute even one of our doctrines and the reason for this is because they (your arguments) are not consistent with biblical themes.
You cannot argue against the modern relevance of the sanctuary and the keeping of the commandments and be a true Christian. God's laws are eternal...he said that, we all know that, and yet you talk against others for believing such things. God's new covenant is simply "founded on better promises" (he said that himself through the prophet Jeremiah...they are not my words nor are they an interpretation).
It's so very very simple...no conspiracy, no brainwashing, just simple bible reading consistent with Bible themes from the very the first days of the creation story.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, he simply does not believe that Jews and Gentiles are separate that you use to say that the Jews have to obey the Sabbath, but the Gentiles do not. The Bible only sees two "parts" of "all Israel" and there is no difference, if you are a native Jew or have "come in" of the Gentiles. The Gospel of Jesus is the same for the native branches and the wild grafted.

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25b-29 NIV)​

Jews don't have to obey the Sabbath Jorge. There is no Sinai covenant anymore. Everyone is under the New Covenant. All your made-up Sabbath requirements are for naught. Study 2Cor3:6-11 KJV. It tells us that the 10 commandments have been done away. What more do we need to prove we are under the laws of the New Covenant, the Royal Law O Love?

• Useful
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jews don't have to obey the Sabbath Jorge.
Brother, God has always had a faithful remnant like Noah's family before the flood. It is a "sign" "forever" of our God who makes us "holy". Not all Jews were "hardened" with Jesus! A "part" of "all Israel" accepted Jesus and the remnant continued through them and we "came in" to that remnant of "all Israel". You have misrepresented Paul's words about the "surpassing glory" of the new covenant over the lessor "glory" of the old covenant. Jesus added to the commandments that He already gave us before the incarnation and did not come to take away any already given.

“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:13-17 NIV)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, God has always had a faithful remnant like Noah's family before the flood. It is a "sign" "forever" of our God who makes us "holy". Not all Jews were "hardened" with Jesus! A "part" of "all Israel" accepted Jesus and the remnant continued through them and we "came in" to that remnant of "all Israel". You have misrepresented Paul's words about the "surpassing glory" of the new covenant over the lessor "glory" of the old covenant. Jesus added to the commandments that He already gave us before the incarnation and did not come to take away any already given.

“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:13-17 NIV)​

Do you believe the Levitical priesthood is forever?

Do you believe that the temple was forever?

Do you believe circumcision was forever?

Do you believe that the sacrifices and offerings were an eternal statute?

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe the Levitical priesthood is forever?
Brother, happy Sabbath this friday at 12:47 pm as it begins in Israel! The priesthood continues forever with Jesus as our High Priest after the order of Melchizedek: both priest and King. God kept these two separate roles in Israel because He was the king of Israel until the people rejected God as "king" by asking for a human king like all other nations. God allowed it, but it was not God's will for them to have a human king. You hinder your growth by following a human leader instead of dealing directly with God.

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.” (1 Samuel 8:6-9 NIV)​

Do you believe that the temple was forever?
God is our temple forever.

I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (Revelation 21:22 NIV)​

Do you believe circumcision was forever?
Symbolic was what Jesus would do with external physical circumcision until the coming of Jesus. Circumcision is no longer under our control, what is under our control is the "forever" "sign" that God makes us "holy". Seen is the circumcision of our hearts externally when you keep the "forever" "sign" that God makes us "holy". The Sabbath is the best indicator under our control of who belongs to God. If you want to shine for God, the true biblical Sabbath is universally recognized. Nothing would displease Satan more than you showing God's "sign".

Do you believe that the sacrifices and offerings were an eternal statute?
As it demonstrated the true work of Jesus in the heavenly temple, it is forever when God is our temple.

I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (Revelation 21:22 NIV)​

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, happy Sabbath this friday at 12:47 pm as it begins in Israel! The priesthood continues forever with Jesus as our High Priest after the order of Melchizedek: both priest and King. God kept these two separate roles in Israel because He was the king of Israel until the people rejected God as "king" by asking for a human king like all other nations. God allowed it, but it was not God's will for them to have a human king. You hinder your growth by following a human leader instead of dealing directly with God.

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.” (1 Samuel 8:6-9 NIV)​

God is our temple forever.

Symbolic was what Jesus would do with external physical circumcision until the coming of Jesus. Circumcision is no longer under our control, what is under our control is the "forever" "sign" that God makes us "holy". Seen is the circumcision of our hearts externally when you keep the "forever" "sign" that God makes us "holy". The Sabbath is the best indicator under our control of who belongs to God. If you want to shine for God, the true biblical Sabbath is universally recognized. Nothing would displease Satan more than you showing God's "sign".

As it demonstrated the true work of Jesus in the heavenly temple, it is forever when God is our temple.

“Thus says the Lord: David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man in my presence.”
Jeremiah 33:17–18

Has the law passed or not?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
“Thus says the Lord: David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man in my presence.” Jeremiah 33:17–18 Has the law passed or not?
Brother, replaced are the shadows by the reality in Jesus. A reality that the shadows help us understand. We still need to turn to Jesus for forgiveness repeatedly, although He doesn't die again to forgive us again like the death of so many animals before Jesus. We do not automatically receive forgiveness on the cross, we are forgiven when we turn to Jesus as our High Priest to "intercede" for us. Repeated is this process until separated is sin from our character. This process after Jesus is faster and eternal compared to animal sacrifices that clearly showed its repetition until removed is all sin from us.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever. (Hebrews 7:25-28 NIV)​

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, replaced are the shadows by the reality in Jesus. A reality that the shadows help us understand.
The law contained shadows of the approaching Christ.

Hebrews 10:1
For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the form of those things itself, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually every year, make those who approach perfect.

Christ was perfect in righteousness, therefore Jesus Christ was the utter fulfillment of everything the law demanded. Perfect love in bodily form.

Jesus fulfilled the whole law and beyond.

Upvote 0