Under Biden, US went from having one of the worst Covid responses to being global leader in Vaxx

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"There was not really a well-articulated, long-range playbook to get the vast majority of the people vaccinated," Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN. "That's where I think the full-court press of the Biden administration really, really stepped up to the plate and did it well."

How the US went from having one of the worst Covid responses to being a global leader in vaccinations under Biden - CNNPolitics

This story lays bare how the US Federal response to Covid was all but non-existent until Biden took over and how quickly Biden turned things around. He has now accomplished his first stated goal in less than half the expected time and the US continues to do a great job in the fight against Covid.

Great job, President Biden!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"There was not really a well-articulated, long-range playbook to get the vast majority of the people vaccinated," Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN. "That's where I think the full-court press of the Biden administration really, really stepped up to the plate and did it well."

How the US went from having one of the worst Covid responses to being a global leader in vaccinations under Biden - CNNPolitics

This story lays bare how the US Federal response to Covid was all but non-existent until Biden took over and how quickly Biden turned things around. He has now accomplished his first stated goal in less than half the expected time and the US continues to do a great job in the fight against Covid.

Great job, President Biden!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

"We are years away from a vaccine" - A. Fauci

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All four members of my family are now vaccinated - as of April 2021. Last Fall, I figured it would be July 2021 based on the information at the time. Thank you President Biden for using the power of the Federal Government to marshal resources to defend the American people.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"We are years away from a vaccine" - A. Fauci
“It’s gonna go away in April, churches will be packed by Easter” -D.J. Trump.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
All four members of my family are now vaccinated - as of April 2021.

My girlfriend and I will be fully vaccinated on May 13. Found out last night that my kids in NY (except one as she is only 14) will all have their second Covid vaccinations in May as well as they are getting ready for me and my girlfriend are going up to visit them in June and they all want to be able to travel around the tri-state area with us. Even their mom and fiance are getting vaccinated for us to come up and they can travel with us.

I was against the vaccine, not because of anything like a conspiracy theory or not trusting the government, it was more I have a phobia to needles and I wanted to see how they did in the real world with millions of people. Then there was talk of a vaccine passport. So I had to make a choice and seeing my kids 1200 miles away is more important than my phobia.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“It’s gonna go away in April, churches will be packed by Easter” -D.J. Trump.

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” - Donald Trump

40 times Trump said the coronavirus would go away

'It's going to disappear': A timeline of Trump's claims that Covid-19 will vanish

January 22, 2020... In an interview with CNBC, Trump said: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” - (Source for the quote: Trump says he trusts China’s Xi on coronavirus and the US has it ‘totally under control’).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
18 Pride leads to destruction.
A proud attitude brings ruin.
~Proverbs 16:16 (ICB)

25 Some people think they are doing what’s right.
But in the end it causes them to die.
~Proverbs 16:25 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - International Children’s Bible

21 What you say can mean life or death.
Those who love to talk will be rewarded for what they say.
~Proverbs 18:21 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - International Children’s Bible

16 There are six things the Lord hates.
There are seven things he cannot stand:
17 a proud look,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill innocent people,
18 a mind that thinks up evil plans,
feet that are quick to do evil,
19 a witness who tells lies
and a man who causes trouble among brothers.
~Proverbs 6:16-19 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - International Children’s Bible

12 When a wise person sees danger ahead, he avoids it.
But a foolish person keeps going and gets into trouble.
~Proverbs 22:3, 27:3 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - International Children’s Bible

4 As a tree gives us fruit, healing words give us life.
But evil words crush the spirit.
~Proverbs 15:4 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - International Children’s Bible

18 Careless words stab like a sword.
But wise words bring healing.
~Proverbs 12:18 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - International Children’s Bible

12 Some people think they are wise.
There is more hope for a foolish person than for them.
~Proverbs 26:12 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - International Children’s Bible

The Way to Heaven Is Hard
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. The road that leads to hell is a very easy road. And the gate to hell is very wide. Many people enter through that gate. 14 But the gate that opens the way to true life is very small. And the road to true life is very hard. Only a few people find that road.

People Know You by Your Actions
15 “Be careful of false prophets. They come to you and look gentle like sheep. But they are really dangerous like wolves. 16 You will know these people because of the things they do. Good things don’t come from bad people, just as grapes don’t come from thornbushes. And figs don’t come from thorny weeds. 17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit. And bad trees produce bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. And a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 You will know these false prophets by what they produce.

21 “Not everyone who says ‘You are my Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. The only people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the things that my Father in heaven wants. 22 On the last day many people will say to me, ‘You are our Lord! We spoke for you. And through you we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ 23 Then I will tell them clearly, ‘Get away from me, you who do evil. I never knew you.’

Two Kinds of People
24 “Everyone who hears these things I say and obeys them is like a wise man. The wise man built his house on rock. 25 It rained hard and the water rose. The winds blew and hit that house. But the house did not fall, because the house was built on rock. 26 But the person who hears the things I teach and does not obey them is like a foolish man. The foolish man built his house on sand. 27 It rained hard, the water rose, and the winds blew and hit that house. And the house fell with a big crash.”

28 When Jesus finished saying these things, the people were amazed at his teaching. 29 Jesus did not teach like their teachers of the law. He taught like a person who had authority.
~Matthew 7:13-29 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - International Children’s Bible

Two Kinds of Fruit
43 “A good tree does not produce bad fruit. Also, a bad tree does not produce good fruit. 44 Each tree is known by its fruit. People don’t gather figs from thornbushes. And they don’t get grapes from bushes. 45 A good person has good things saved up in his heart. And so he brings good things out of his heart. But an evil person has evil things saved up in his heart. So he brings out bad things. A person speaks the things that are in his heart.

Two Kinds of People
46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ but do not do what I say? 47 Everyone who comes to me and listens to my words and obeys 48 is like a man building a house. He digs deep and lays his foundation on rock. The floods come, and the water tries to wash the house away. But the flood cannot move the house, because the house was built well. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not obey is like a man who builds his house on the ground without a foundation. When the floods come, the house quickly falls down. And that house is completely destroyed.”
~Luke 6:43-49 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - International Children’s Bible

People Know You by Your Words
33 “If you want good fruit, you must make the tree good. If your tree is not good, then it will have bad fruit. A tree is known by the kind of fruit it produces. 34 You snakes! You are evil people! How can you say anything good? The mouth speaks the things that are in the heart. 35 A good person has good things in his heart. And so he speaks the good things that come from his heart. But an evil person has evil in his heart. So he speaks the evil things that come from his heart. 36 And I tell you that people will have to explain about every careless thing they have said. This will happen on the Judgment Day. 37 The words you have said will be used to judge you. Some of your words will prove you right, but some of your words will prove you guilty.”
~Matthew 12:33-27 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - International Children’s Bible

Praise God Who Helps the Weak
1 Praise the Lord!
My whole being, praise the Lord.
2 I will praise the Lord all my life.
I will sing praises to my God as long as I live.

3 Do not put your trust in princes
or other people, who cannot save you.
4 When people die, they are buried.

Then all of their plans come to an end.
5 Happy are those who are helped by the God of Jacob.
Their hope is in the Lord their God.
6 He made heaven and earth,
the sea and everything in it.
He remains loyal forever.
7 The Lord does what is fair for those who have been wronged.
He gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets the prisoners free.
8 The Lord gives sight to the blind.
The Lord lifts up people who are in trouble.
The Lord loves those who do right.
9 The Lord protects the foreigners.
He defends the orphans and widows.
But he overthrows the wicked.

10 The Lord will be King forever.
Jerusalem, your God is everlasting.

Praise the Lord!
~Psalm 146:1-10 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - International Children’s Bible

• Winner
Reactions: atpollard
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"It will take at least a year to a year in a half to have a vaccine we can use," said National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Anthony Fauci, MD.

Fauci: Vaccine at least year away, as COVID-19 death toll rises to 9 in Seattle
Here's a better source which quotes him more accurately:
Coronavirus Vaccine 'At Least a Year' Away 'at Best' From Being Publicly Available, National Health Official Says (newsweek.com)

Given the context, i.e. that this was well over a year ago (February 2020) and Trump was doing nothing about Covid except promising an April "miracle" where "it (Covid) just disappears", Fauci's estimate seems more than reasonable. As Covid ramped up and became more serious and Pharma companies really focused on it, that timeline grew shorter, and then with President Biden really ramping things up Fauci's estimate obviously became off by a few months.

So what's your point in quoting Fauci? If it was to show him to be wrong then you don't really make your point because he gave a good estimate considering the timing and circumstances of his estimate and he still was very close.

President Biden has done in less than 3 months what Trump couldn't do in an entire year. Had Trump done his job properly and addressed the Coronavirus seriously instead of encouraging his people to do things to make it worse we could have been back to a fully open infrastructure and economy by now.

Thanks to President Biden and his leadership in getting vaccinations done at more than twice the speed he promised we will likely be back to normal this year, but only because of President Biden's incredible work to first clean up Trump's mess and then to take initiative to eradicate Covid.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. His statement is prudent given the many unknowns as of March 3, 2020.

Indeed development of a vaccine is usually a much longer process. Trump did institute Warped Seed which helped, but Pfizer, if I recall correctly, were the first on the scene and didn't take any Warped Seed money.

I don't want to downplay the Warped Seed funding, it certainly helped. But no rational person can say Trump and his administration took the pandemic seriously or even came close to modeling the kind of behavior decent people would take.

Trump was too busy with hydroxychloroquin and bleach and taking racist pot-shots at Asians to put on a mask.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's impressive to see the Misinformation Sources switch from

"Trump personally researched and developed these vaccines in record time, and a microgram of his holy sweat is in every vial."

to

"Vaccinations turn you into a baboon person with a Soros antenna that can spread a contagious pox by line of sight."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

HUH?

Some bullet points the day before the inauguration:

• Mask mandates were in states across the nation.
  • Businesses were shut down
  • The President was speaking daily on the disease.
  • Three Bi partisan relief bills were passed
  • The congress passed a bipartisan plan to help small business and actually implemented it.
  • Ventilators were being produced in such a volume, we were sending them internationally
  • The Javits Center in NYC, (though not used), was set up to treat thousands
  • The Hospital ship was docked ready to receive patients
  • Operation Warp Speed was developed and implemented
  • An average of 900,000 people a day were being vaccinated
  • Travel restrictions where in place so fast and so early, Democratic leadership complained about it as Nancy encouraged people to go shopping.
That's just off the top of my head.

Has the Biden administration done a good job with vaccines, sure they have - kudo's to him. But to say the response to Covid was all but non existent until January 21, 2021 is Ludacris.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump was too busy with hydroxychloroquin and bleach and taking racist pot-shots at Asians to put on a mask.

The only ones fixated on this was the media who, to this day continue to propagate the false narrative, to the extent, people actually believe it.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
HUH?

Some bullet points the day before the inauguration:

• Mask mandates were in states across the nation.
  • Businesses were shut down
  • The President was speaking daily on the disease.
  • Three Bi partisan relief bills were passed
  • The congress passed a bipartisan plan to help small business and actually implemented it.
  • Ventilators were being produced in such a volume, we were sending them internationally
  • The Javits Center in NYC, (though not used), was set up to treat thousands
  • The Hospital ship was docked ready to receive patients
  • Operation Warp Speed was developed and implemented
  • An average of 900,000 people a day were being vaccinated
  • Travel restrictions where in place so fast and so early, Democratic leadership complained about it as Nancy encouraged people to go shopping.
That's just off the top of my head.

Has the Biden administration done a good job with vaccines, sure they have - kudo's to him. But to say the response to Covid was all but non existent until January 21, 2021 is Ludacris.

Mask Mandates and shut downs were implimented by the States, often in direct opposition to the Federal administration under Trump. And Trump speaking about something it was as often as not a bad thing as he was a fountian of misinformation.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mask Mandates and shut downs were implimented by the States, often in direct opposition to the Federal administration under Trump. And Trump speaking about something it was as often as not a bad thing as he was a fountian of misinformation.

Thank you for your opinion: Yes, I heard and read that multiple times daily.

Yet all those bullet points happened under his leadership - during his administration. Proving the point that the line "virtually non existent" to be a fallacy and political propaganda not based in truth nor reality.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
~Proverbs 16:16 (ICB)

~Proverbs 16:25 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 16 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 18:21 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 18 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 6:16-19 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 6 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 22:3, 27:3 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 22, Proverbs 27 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 15:4 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 15 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 12:18 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 12 - International Children’s Bible

~Proverbs 26:12 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 26 - International Children’s Bible

~Matthew 7:13-29 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - International Children’s Bible

~Luke 6:43-49 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - International Children’s Bible

~Matthew 12:33-27 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - International Children’s Bible

~Psalm 146:1-10 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 146 - International Children’s Bible

What is the point of all this? Most of us already own a Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0