Unclean birds

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
57eb6fa077c4d257d1b61de653779317.jpg

Is there other instances where scripture uses unclean birds? If so, where and under what context? The Lord likes to work in threes to confirm His Word. So where does He talk about it or something along these lines?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Is there other instances where scripture uses unclean birds? If so, where and under what context? The Lord likes to work in threes to confirm His Word. So where does He talk about it or something along these lines?
Unclean birds symbolise evil spirits.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Ezk 44:23
They shall direct My people to distinguish between the holy and the profane, and they shall inform them the difference between the unclean and the clean.

(CLV) Ezk 44:24
In a controversy it is they who shall officiate in judgment; in accord with My ordinances, thus they will judge it; My laws and My statutes shall they observe at all My appointed times, and My sabbaths shall they hallow.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
well, animals and birds haven't changed. so i guess they still unclean. what has changed is that under the new covenant, no one is condemned for eating them.

Where is this written?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Revelation is my least favorite book of the New Testament.

In Acts Peter was instructed to preach to the Gentile household of Cornelius a centurion of the Italian regiment. He was supposed eat whatever they offered him, even though some of this might have been ritually unclean by setting foot in a Gentile home. Normally Peter would have desired Kosher food.

Some viruses can pass from animals to humans. This has been made clear with the COVID-19 outbreak. Chickens are considered clean, but in China they sometimes carried the H5N1 flu that passed from bird to human and has a 60% mortality rate. One year 69 people died of it. Human to human transmission is not common.

Swine flu a.k.a. H1N1 has been passed from pigs to humans who raised pigs. It has a 1%-4% mortality rate. In 2009 swine flu killed over 250,000 people.

Hundreds if not thousands died from Mad Cow Disease in a year.

• Informative
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 10:25

This has nothing to do with what YHWH has declared as clean. This has to do with meat offered to idols. Paul is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

This has nothing to do with what YHWH has declared as clean. This is about the Fther taking us away from transgression of his perfect Torah. Paul is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

This has nothing to do with what YHWH has declared as clean. This has to do with Jews coming away from the false teachings of the oral law, and Pagans coming out of the false teachings of Paganism; and coming to the true teachings of YHWH's perfect Torah, through Messiah. Paul is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

This has nothing to do with what YHWH has declared as clean.

Notice verse 2:

(CLV) Ro 8:2
for the spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus This is YHWH's perfect Torah, the message of Yahshua's entire ministry.) frees you from the law of sin and death.

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

Notice verse 4:

(CLV) Ro 8:4
that the just requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who are not walking in accord with flesh, but in accord with spirit.

It says that YHWH's perfect Torah is to be fulfilled in us!

Paul is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

Verse 10 says that we are cursed, if we don't adhere to everything in YHWH's perfect Torah. Verse 11 says that if we are obedient to YHWH's perfect Torah, we will live. This passage is about having the faith of Abraham

Maybe this will help:

inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works a man is being justified, and not by faith only.

Paul is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

Acts 15: 20

This passage actually comes right out of YHWH's perfect Torah. James is telling the Ger Toshav the bare minimum that they must perform to share table fellowship with Israel; as they learn YHWH's perfect Torah, ever Shabbat.

James is not a false teacher. See Deuteronomy 13.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Acts Peter was instructed to preach to the Gentile household of Cornelius a centurion of the Italian regiment.

Peter himself said that he never ate anything unclean.

Chickens are considered clean, but in China they sometimes carried the H5N1 flu that passed from bird to human and has a 60% mortality rate. One year 69 people died of it. Human to human transmission is not common.

Who considers them clean? Does the Torah say they are clean?

Swine flu a.k.a. H1N1 has been passed from pigs to humans who raised pigs. It has a 1%-4% mortality rate. In 2009 swine flu killed over 250,000 people.

Pigs are unclean. If people weren't hanging out with the pigs; they wouldn't catch diseases that are carried by pigs.

Hundreds if not thousands died from Mad Cow Disease in a year.

Does it seem like YHWH's natural law, to take a creature that YHWH designed as an herbivore, and against its' own nature, force it to become a cannibal?

Death is the natural consequence of the corruption of YHWH's system. Death is the natural consequence of rebellion against YHWH's word.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Peter himself said that he never ate anything unclean.

Who considers them clean? Does the Torah say they are clean?

Pigs are unclean. If people weren't hanging out with the pigs; they wouldn't catch diseases that are carried by pigs.

Does it seem like YHWH's natural law, to take a creature that YHWH designed as an herbivore, and against its' own nature, force it to become a cannibal?

Death is the natural consequence of the corruption of YHWH's system. Death is the natural consequence of rebellion against YHWH's word.
Red meat is Kosher, but is also a Type 2 carcinogen. Chicken is Kosher, but a leading source of dietary cholesterol. The Sanhedrin had the Torah, but they lacked knowledge.

What God has made clean you should not call unclean:

Acts 10:9 Now on the next day as they were on their journey, and got close to the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray at about noon. 10 He became hungry and desired to eat, but while they were preparing, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and a certain container descending to him, like a great sheet let down by four corners on the earth, 12 in which were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild animals, reptiles, and birds of the sky. 13 A voice came to him, “Rise, Peter, kill and eat!”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.”
15 A voice came to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed, you must not call unclean.”

I would not eat a vulture or a bat under normal circumstances. Peter was being sent to a community where he was likely to be fed non-Kosher items. It was his calling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Acts 10:9 Now on the next day as they were on their journey, and got close to the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray at about noon. 10 He became hungry and desired to eat, but while they were preparing, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and a certain container descending to him, like a great sheet let down by four corners on the earth, 12 in which were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild animals, reptiles, and birds of the sky. 13 A voice came to him, “Rise, Peter, kill and eat!”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.”
15 A voice came to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed, you must not call unclean.”

This passage has nothing to do with food.

Peter's Vision

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Red meat is Kosher, but is also a Type 2 carcinogen. Chicken is Kosher, but a leading source of dietary cholesterol. The Sanhedrin had the Torah, but they lacked knowledge.

What God has made clean you should not call unclean:

15 A voice came to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed, you musDo you believet not call unclean.”

I would not eat a vulture or a bat under normal circumstances. Peter was being sent to a community where he was likely to be fed non-Kosher items. It was his calling.
Do you believe Peter's interpretation of the vision?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe Peter's interpretation of the vision?
I believe the Lord was going to send Peter to preach to this household even if they ate contrary to Torah regulations. Cornelius had given aid to the poor and was seeking God’s word.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I believe the Lord was going to send Peter to preach to this household even if they ate contrary to Torah regulations. Cornelius had given aid to the poor and was seeking God’s word.
And the fact that Peter didn't see any relationship with diet and the vision.f Kosher remains intact. Traditions laws about relationships between Jews and Gentiles gets the overhaul.

Upvote 0