Unchristian teachings of the Seventh Day Adventist Church....

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seventh Day Adventists on here love to talk about how the Roman Catholic Church is disgusting and there church teachings are just so biblical. Lets take a look at them!

Great emphasis is laid upon the teaching that the Sabbath day is on Saturday, and if a person does not keep Saturday as Sabbath, he cannot be saved. Ultimately, according to SDA theology, your salvation in the last days boils down to the day you worship on. Simply put, there is no salvation outside the SDA church. The Bible says we are saved by grace through faith and nothing more. Ephesians 2:8-9

• Ellen G. White taught that all other churches except the SDA church were teaching lies from the Devil. Only SDA members are true and obedient believers; prayers spoken in other churches are only answered by the Devil. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They believe that in the last days just before Christ returns, only those worshipping on Saturday will be saved. They particularly believe that worshipping on Sunday will be the mark of the beast. They consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church and all others will be condemned in time. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible. The mark of the beast will be a literal mark, either in your forehead or in your hand. Revelation 14:9
  • They firmly believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel and this is the name used for him (Jesus) in the Old Testament; yet also believe that Jesus is God. Jesus is God, he is the Creator; (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-6) whereas, Michael is just an angel, a created being.
  • They believe that the atonement through Jesus is not complete until He comes again, only your past sins are forgiven by grace up to that point. The Bible says that the atoning work of Jesus is finished, never again to be repeated. John 19:30; Hebrews 9:24-28
  • They believe in the "sanctuary teaching" that Jesus is now cleaning the sanctuary in the heavens before he can return to the earth. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They believe you will have to stand in the presence of the living God for judgment without a mediator. The Bible says that there is one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus himself. I Timothy 2:5
  • The believe you can be sinless, also known as "sinless perfection". Meaning that a person can become sinless while they are still living on this earth in their physical body. The Bible says that all are born with sin. All throughout the New Testament, the various authors write about fleeing and resisting sin, they themselves struggled with sin. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They won’t tell you that early Adventists expected the literal second coming of Christ in 1843 and 1844 only to be disappointed. They won’t tell you that their 1844 "investigative judgment" teaching was born out of an attempt to cover over this false prophecy. Instead of repenting over this false date, they believe that Christ really came, but INVISIBLY in heaven. As an SDA you now enter a period of "investigative judgment" where every deed you do or don’t do is recorded for judgment day. You will even be judged for "idle moments" where you could have been more obedient. When Christ comes, every eye shall see it (Revelation 1:7). At the Judgment Seat of Christ, we will be judged.
    I Corinthians 3:11-15; II Corinthians 5:10

• They believe the doctrine of soul sleeping, which states that the souls of believers in Christ are not in heaven, but are sleeping in the graves. The Bible says those who were saved on earth by receiving Jesus Christ as their Saviour and died are now living a full and joyous life in heaven. Revelation 7:9-17
  • They believe in the final and total annihilation of the wicked, where they will simply cease to exist after the final judgment. This doctrine is in harmony with the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible says they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:12-15
  • They do not believe in the eternal punishment of Satan and his fallen angels. They believe that the penalty for sinning against a Holy God is merely annihilation. Satan is the scapegoat; the sins of the believers are laid upon him, and he and these sins are finally burned up. The Bible says that Satan and his fallen angels will be cast in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:10-15
  • They believe in and demand vegetarianism. There is no place in the Bible where God demands this. There is nothing wrong if a person chooses to be vegetarian for personal or health reasons, but it should never be tied in with our salvation.
They believe you should revere their founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, viewing her as having the "spirit of prophecy" referred to in the book of Revelation. Ellen G. White's writing are considered as inspired as the Bible and are used as a authoritative source of truth. In spite of revering her, they won’t ordain women as ministers. Ellen was a proven plagiarist and therefore a liar. God's attributes are truth and light (I John 1:5-6), whereas, Satan's attributes are darkness and lying (John 8:44).

The more I research them the more I see the similiarties to the Jehovahs witnesses, infact even the founder of JWs, Russel was heavily involved in the Adventist movement! Wow so much to take in. Its also interesting they started around the same time as Mormonism and Jehovahs witnesses! All 3 of these groups tend to borrow beliefs from each other! What are you thoughts?

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seventh Day Adventists on here love to talk about how the Roman Catholic Church is disgusting and there church teachings are just so biblical. Lets take a look at them!

Great emphasis is laid upon the teaching that the Sabbath day is on Saturday, and if a person does not keep Saturday as Sabbath, he cannot be saved. Ultimately, according to SDA theology, your salvation in the last days boils down to the day you worship on. Simply put, there is no salvation outside the SDA church. The Bible says we are saved by grace through faith and nothing more. Ephesians 2:8-9

• Ellen G. White taught that all other churches except the SDA church were teaching lies from the Devil. Only SDA members are true and obedient believers; prayers spoken in other churches are only answered by the Devil. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They believe that in the last days just before Christ returns, only those worshipping on Saturday will be saved. They particularly believe that worshipping on Sunday will be the mark of the beast. They consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church and all others will be condemned in time. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible. The mark of the beast will be a literal mark, either in your forehead or in your hand. Revelation 14:9
  • They firmly believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel and this is the name used for him (Jesus) in the Old Testament; yet also believe that Jesus is God. Jesus is God, he is the Creator; (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-6) whereas, Michael is just an angel, a created being.
  • They believe that the atonement through Jesus is not complete until He comes again, only your past sins are forgiven by grace up to that point. The Bible says that the atoning work of Jesus is finished, never again to be repeated. John 19:30; Hebrews 9:24-28
  • They believe in the "sanctuary teaching" that Jesus is now cleaning the sanctuary in the heavens before he can return to the earth. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They believe you will have to stand in the presence of the living God for judgment without a mediator. The Bible says that there is one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus himself. I Timothy 2:5
  • The believe you can be sinless, also known as "sinless perfection". Meaning that a person can become sinless while they are still living on this earth in their physical body. The Bible says that all are born with sin. All throughout the New Testament, the various authors write about fleeing and resisting sin, they themselves struggled with sin. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.
  • They won’t tell you that early Adventists expected the literal second coming of Christ in 1843 and 1844 only to be disappointed. They won’t tell you that their 1844 "investigative judgment" teaching was born out of an attempt to cover over this false prophecy. Instead of repenting over this false date, they believe that Christ really came, but INVISIBLY in heaven. As an SDA you now enter a period of "investigative judgment" where every deed you do or don’t do is recorded for judgment day. You will even be judged for "idle moments" where you could have been more obedient. When Christ comes, every eye shall see it (Revelation 1:7). At the Judgment Seat of Christ, we will be judged.

• They believe the doctrine of soul sleeping, which states that the souls of believers in Christ are not in heaven, but are sleeping in the graves. The Bible says those who were saved on earth by receiving Jesus Christ as their Saviour and died are now living a full and joyous life in heaven. Revelation 7:9-17
  • They believe in the final and total annihilation of the wicked, where they will simply cease to exist after the final judgment. This doctrine is in harmony with the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible says they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:12-15
  • They do not believe in the eternal punishment of Satan and his fallen angels. They believe that the penalty for sinning against a Holy God is merely annihilation. Satan is the scapegoat; the sins of the believers are laid upon him, and he and these sins are finally burned up. The Bible says that Satan and his fallen angels will be cast in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:10-15
  • They believe in and demand vegetarianism. There is no place in the Bible where God demands this. There is nothing wrong if a person chooses to be vegetarian for personal or health reasons, but it should never be tied in with our salvation.
They believe you should revere their founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, viewing her as having the "spirit of prophecy" referred to in the book of Revelation. Ellen G. White's writing are considered as inspired as the Bible and are used as a authoritative source of truth. In spite of revering her, they won’t ordain women as ministers. Ellen was a proven plagiarist and therefore a liar. God's attributes are truth and light (I John 1:5-6), whereas, Satan's attributes are darkness and lying (John 8:44).

The more I research them the more I see the similiarties to the Jehovahs witnesses, infact even the founder of JWs, Russel was heavily involved in the Adventist movement! Wow so much to take in. Its also interesting they started around the same time as Mormonism and Jehovahs witnesses! All 3 of these groups tend to borrow beliefs from each other! What are you thoughts?

"Ellen G. White's writing are considered as inspired as the Bible and are used as a authoritative source of truth."

She's a mere human like everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Ellen G. White's writing are considered as inspired as the Bible and are used as a authoritative source of truth."

She's a mere human like everyone else.
Agreed! Ellen G White has made false Prophecies, listening to her teachings is dangerous.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I am not a seventh day adventist, although I do believe Saturday is the day of worship.

No where in the bible can I find where it says I have to go to church to be saved. The Isrealites, maybe.

Actually, Ephesians says we are saved by grace. The words and thoughts "and nothing more" you are adding to the bible. Jesus says we must follow the commandments. Jesus says we must repent. Jesus says we must love our neighbors as ourselves. There is more.

Ellen G. White taught that all other churches except the SDA church were teaching lies from the Devil. Only SDA members are true and obedient believers; prayers spoken in other churches are only answered by the Devil. This is a man-made doctrine not found in the Bible.

Some religions teach lies, the doctrines of men. If someone is not rightous God does not hear their prayers. It is possible for unrightous person to attend a rightous church and vice versa.

Again, going to church is not a requirement for salvation.

At one time I indepentantly came to the conclusion that Michael may indeed be Jesus. I researched the word angel and concluded it doesn't neccessarily always mean an angel but means a messanger. I also came to the conclusion it doesn't matter one way or the other if Michael is an angel or Jesus, the bible's doctrine does not change one way or another. It is as Paul says, there is one man who esteems obe day over another, it doesn't matter leave them alone (heavy paraphrasing). How many heads can dance on the head of a pin and if Michael is Jesus michael simply don't matter for our salvation so why argue about it?

They believe that the atonement through Jesus is not complete until He comes again, only your past sins are forgiven by grace up to that point. The Bible says that the atoning work of Jesus is finished, never again to be repeated. John 19:30; Hebrews 9:24-28

I am told to repent, love my neighbor as myself, accept Jesus sacrifice for my sins. Be baptised. Anything else is beyond our control and out of our hands. Any speculation beyond that is not for our salvation but how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It doesn't matter what you believe here, as long as you don't teach others they must believe as you do to be saved.

Again with the angels and pins.

We have no clue what Jesus is doing in heaven, and no way to know outside of prophecy. Again, angels and pins, doesn't matter in the slightest.

Now this I actually believe. I believe I was actually sinless for about five seconds once before I became proud of being sinless. Yes, I believe we become sinless as we repent of our on going sins. But as soon as we sin again, as we inevidibly will, we are no longer in this state.

This depends on your concept of what sinless means.

I've never heard this doctrine taught and it seems to be a false doctrine, but not one that would ruin one's salvation. False teaching, yes. Is anyone perfect? No.

I have heard it said by some in the Catholic church that we are in the millenium reign now. Just as wrong.

Revelation 20 tells us that only the ones beheaded for Christ are awake during the thousand year reign, so there is some biblical text supporting this. Here we are counting angels dancing again.

Revelation 20:4 I saw thrones had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Hell for eternity is real. Annihilation may be real at the same time. Belief in hell or not doesn't change one's salvation unless one only gets saved out of fear (save some by love, some by fear). There are concepts that our mortal minds can not comprehend, how we can suffer for an eternity in hell at the same time being annihilated. God made time, He is not controlled by it.

Repeat my last.

I believe that vegetarianism could be a good thing, but the bible doesn't teach it after the flood.

We are not to be respectors of persons.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2016
Texas
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for creating this thread. I have been studying a number of denominations, translations of the Bible, and versions of the Bible. Recently, I came across the lectures by Walter Veith, and he makes strong cases for the contentions you mention. I have long thought the move of the Sabbath was no supported by the Bible. Jesus observed a Saturday Sabbath and could have told us himself, following being resurrected, if it was to change. That is just my base feeling. I am more than open to seeing counter points. I do think your criticism is heavy handed in referring to them as being false Christians. I think it is a trap of the devil that we would call anybody that believes Jesus is the son of God who died for our sins and was resurrected a false Christian for not seeing eye to eye on the points you site. I think it is fine to attack doctrine but it is not okay to place judgement on all of the individuals. I grew up in a Baptist church that did not carry the same beliefs as the Baptist church down the street after all. I do concur with his assessment on the Catholic Church. Keeping in line with my feelings, I do not judge all Catholics but I do judge many of the beliefs and practices of that Church. Each of your contentions is about arguing details in my opinion.

Rereading, I guess you did not say they were false Christians. I think that is the implication I gathered from the individual bullet points. Maybe I misunderstood?

• Agree
Reactions: TwilightTom
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed! Ellen G White has made false Prophecies, listening to her teachings is dangerous.

The Church has grown soft on calling out false doctrines/false teachings/shallow understanding of the Scriptures, as well as the Tares. Keep it up. We need more spiritual truths/realities by people who actually live out the gospel.

• Agree
Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2016
Texas
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the conspiracy section, I posted a lecture/ sermon titled The Mark of Cain that I wanted to get some outside opinions on. All I actually got was a troll bashing it based on what he thought it would be about. The internet... go figure. I am not SDA. I am not entirely sure what I think about their teachings. They have verses that back their perspective as well. Just as this post says the mark of the beast will be a physical mark and sites other Biblical examples of a physical mark, they refer to the mark of Cain as an example of a non literal mark. Regardless, there is excellent info concerning some prophetic interpretations but particularly in identifying the Babylonian religion as it has evolved and branched out over the years. There is also controversial info that I can't entirely decide what I think about it. Anyway, if I can encourage anybody to watch and provide their perspective, it would be very appreciated. I am not pushing an agenda, just trying to leave no stone unturned in trying to understand God's word.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I find it sad that a thread is used to make a long list of items which attack any religious body, but especially a Christian denomination. As far as vegetarianism goes, most of us would be a lot healthier if we became vegetarians and I doubt very much that the SDA Church actually demands such of their members. Also, there seems to be some evidence that the Essenes were vegetarians and many believe that Jesus associated closely with said group, as he never condemned them.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for creating this thread. I have been studying a number of denominations, translations of the Bible, and versions of the Bible. Recently, I came across the lectures by Walter Veith, and he makes strong cases for the contentions you mention. I have long thought the move of the Sabbath was no supported by the Bible. Jesus observed a Saturday Sabbath and could have told us himself, following being resurrected, if it was to change. That is just my base feeling. I am more than open to seeing counter points. I do think your criticism is heavy handed in referring to them as being false Christians. I think it is a trap of the devil that we would call anybody that believes Jesus is the son of God who died for our sins and was resurrected a false Christian for not seeing eye to eye on the points you site. I think it is fine to attack doctrine but it is not okay to place judgement on all of the individuals. I grew up in a Baptist church that did not carry the same beliefs as the Baptist church down the street after all. I do concur with his assessment on the Catholic Church. Keeping in line with my feelings, I do not judge all Catholics but I do judge many of the beliefs and practices of that Church. Each of your contentions is about arguing details in my opinion.

Rereading, I guess you did not say they were false Christians. I think that is the implication I gathered from the individual bullet points. Maybe I misunderstood?

Walter Veith shares a wealth of information doesn't he? Good stuff. Anyway, I am an SDA. Is there any of the bullet points you will like me to address for your own edification? I'm not going to waste time responding to the OP. I've been hear long enough to know that debates generally just go back and forth and ends up being unfruitful but for someone who is open, I'm willing to address whatever you will like.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I attended a seventh day Adventist church for a couple of months to.please a friend. They accept people as christians who worship on a Sunday. But it is a muddled theology. They believe they sin in ignorance. Yet they accepted me as a christian and i could hardly be said to sin in ignorance as they put it, for i listened to their views but never changed mine. I also dont believe you can sin in ignorance under the new covenant.
Soul sleep is not incorrect doctrine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Walter Veith shares a wealth of information doesn't he? Good stuff. Anyway, I am an SDA. Is there any of the bullet points you will like me to address for your own edification? I'm not going to waste time responding to the OP. I've been hear long enough to know that debates generally just go back and forth and ends up being unfruitful but for someone who is open, I'm willing to address whatever you will like.

Walter Veith is a wonderful teacher,I do not agree will all of his teaching but the majority of it is sound.
We know that Saturday is the 7th day,the day of rest
I believe God has not burdened us with this point, for most people their workweek is Monnday,through Friday or Saturday.

We need only to look to the Gospel to understand our Lord's views on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
SDA seek to have one foot in the Grace of Christ who redeemed us from the law of sin and death.
The other foot keeping what laws of Moses they were given by Ellen White.
The doctrine comes from Ellen White's prophetic teaching and her visions.
This is where SDA strays into a parallel with the Mormon religion.
The Mormons have 3 books they teach from,one is The Bible the other The Book of Mormon, correct me if I am wrong there is a third book of jubilee.
The Book of Mormon is based on revelation of Joseph Smith.
SDA uses the Bible and supplements are made with the Writing of Ellen White.

2 Peter: 1. 15. Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It is hard to teach from both truth of God's Word and the visions of legalism that of Ellen White.
This is applied in verse 19.
I believe SDA people have accepted Christ ,and are not committing the same level of Idolatry that Mormons do.

Just like the old tired debates where denominations teach against the Gifts of the Spirit ,and do not acknowledge the truth that is evident before them,SDA pick and choose what is truth and what is not in God's Word based on one person's personal visions and writing,long after God's Word was completed.

Unless anyone teaches the fullness of God's Word without adding or taking away they are in error.
Soul sleep is contrary to Schripture it is taken out of Context from the Old Testament.
Fins and scales is completely made up.

Acts: 10. 12. Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Acts: 11. 9. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10. And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.

Galatians: 3. 1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4. Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? -
Galatians: 3. 13. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

I Believe like many people Today Ellen White did not completely understand how to read God's word in Spirit and in truth.
As well there is a lack of understanding in the Reading the Bible by not understanding literary devices ,Coherence inferences
Elaborative inferences ,Idiomatic expressions and Semantics.

People simply not haveing the comprehension skills to understand what the are reading and how it relates to their teaching is a major cause of the device in religon today.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And i saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. THEY CAME TO LIFE and reigned with Christ for a thousand years( THE REST OF THE DEAD DID NOT COME TO LIFE UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS HAD ENDED). This is the FIRST resurrection
Rev20:4-6

The first resurrection is for those mentioned in verses four and five.
The second( or general resurrection) Is on the LAST DAY of This present earth, when the sea, death and Hades will give up their dead for judgement day.
THEN the old heaven and the old earth will pass away, and a new heaven and a new earth will come.

As Jesus said:

And This is the will of him who sent me. That I should lose none of all those he has given me, but RAISE THEM UP ON THE LAST DAY
John6:39

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest joke is SDA are worshipping on the wrong day anyway. The pagan Roman Julian/Gregorian calendar that we now use was only created in 45 BC, before this time it did not exist. Therefore, the current 7 day rolling week we currently use only began at that time. Before this date the Romans (Just in the Provence of Rome) were using a calendar with an 8 day week and the Greek Mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply removed one of these days (Market day), so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week was only a 1 in 7 chance.

The calendar Jesus and the Israelites had been using in Israel for over 1500 years prior to this time was completely different to our Julian calendar. Their months began with the sighting of the new crescent moon on which they rested and had a new moon feast, then there were 6 days of work followed by the first Sabbath. Lunar months are 29.53 days long and therefore Sabbaths fall on day’s 8, 15, 22 and 29 each lunar month. Then the process begins over again with the sighting of the next new moon.

The calendar the Jews used was written about by Moses in the Bible, it is God’s Calendar and you can read more about how it is explained in scripture here: Start Reading The Book

However, God’s Calendar is not the same calendar the Jews of today use. The Jews currently use a revised version of God’s Calendar which uses the Gregorian rolling week system instead of God’s lunar weeks, this was due partly to the Roman Emperor Hadrian after he had put down the Jewish Simon Bar-Kokhba revolt in 135 AD and made an anti-religious decree forbidding Sabbath new moon observances from Jerusalem and also the Roman Emperor Constantine who began to force the Jews in 325 AD to worship on the pagan day called Saturday (named after the Roman god of agriculture; Saturnus).

The Jewish calendar used today was created in 359 AD by Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II, this was in response to the Romans banishing the Jews from living in Jerusalem, as the Jews could no longer sight the new moon from there and so Hillel’s calendar uses a repeating 19 year lunar mathematical calculation that approximates the timing of each new moon sighting from Jerusalem. This allowed all the Jews to celebrate their feasts on the same day as they were now scattered all over the Earth

The fourth commandment; ‘Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy,’ has virtually been forgotten, a command more important than murder for example, which is the sixth commandment. Although we are saved by grace we should still use the ten commandments as our guide as to how to live. We are not dependant on the law but it will prosper us if we adhere to it, equally if we break these laws then we will face the consequences.

I hope this helps you to understand that the Sabbath is not on Saturdays or Sundays but instead can fall on any day of the pagan Julian/Gregorian week. You can view a comparison calendar on this site too, to know when the next Sabbaths will be: Sabbaths From Now Till 2029

Further studies on God’s Lunar Solar Calendar by other Bible scholars:

John D Keyser – founder of Hope of Israel ministries: From Sabbath to Saturday: The Story of the Jewish Rest Day

Robert-Aaron Richmond explains from scripture how God’s Calendar works:

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who FALL ASLEEP, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.
We believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus, THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP in him.
According to the Lords own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly NOT PRECEDE THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP.
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE FIRST.
After that, we who are still alive and left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air
1 Thes4:13-18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If we look at what the commandment actually says ,we labor for 6 days and rest on the seventh.
That's it in a nutshell ,I would rather honor the context of the commandment than try to figure out if I'm in sin over a corrupted calender.
When we base Heaven or Hell on a gambit of what is the correct day,I would much rather do as God said and work six days and rest from my work on the seventh.

Colossians: 2. 16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Walter Veith is a wonderful teacher,I do not agree will all of his teaching but the majority of it is sound.
We know that Saturday is the 7th day,the day of rest
I believe God has not burdened us with this point, for most people their workweek is Monnday,through Friday or Saturday.

We need only to look to the Gospel to understand our Lord's views on the Sabbath.

Why do you consider the Sabbath to be a burden?

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you consider the Sabbath to be a burden?

Some folks have to work, If you buy gas or go to a restaurant after church, how can you judge .. I love Veith's and Batchelor's teaching, they have some good stuff . I will never seek EW's approval and I will never give up my freedom in Jesus to doctrines of men or any denomination .. I've been meaning to attend a SDA church, just haven't got around to it ,they teach plenty to agree with ..

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some folks have to work, If you buy gas or go to a restaurant after church, how can you judge .. I love Veith's and Batchelor's teaching, they have some good stuff . I will never seek EW's approval and I will never give up my freedom in Jesus to doctrines of men or any denomination .. I've been meaning to attend a SDA church, just haven't got around to it ,they teach plenty to agree with ..

So you're saying its a burden because the current man made system requires that you work on the day God originally blessed and sanctified?

Also, let me address something else about the Sabbath. Many people look at the Sabbath the way the pharisees did and not the way Jesus did. The Sabbath was indeed a burden based on the way the pharisees enforced it. The pharisees made the Sabbath a burden to the people. The guy who Jesus healed, was accused on Sabbath breaking by simply picking up his bed and walking. Jesus was accused of Sabbath breaking because he healed people. In Paul's day, the Jews were still battling with all these rediculous requirements so the idea of the Sabbath being a burden does not come from what God intended the Sabbath to be, but what man tried to turn the Sabbath into.

If Jesus blessed and sanctified the Sabbath day at creation, using it as a marker to end the weekly cycle which is something to be repeated continuously, why would he then decide that he no longer wanted us to set that day apart for special communion with him?

• Winner
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

The Sabbath is an important day.

It should be observed.

It is NOT always on Saturday.

The recognition of a sabbath to be observed is the first step. Brow-beating the day chosen isnt productive; God leads everyone to the truth personally. It took me 10 years between the time I recognized the Sabbath as a day of observance, and recognizing that the EXACT way to follow the Sabbath (and all holy days) is specifically and explicitly explained by God Himself - even in the CANON.

The "work" aspect of the Sabbath has spiritually improsoned believers since before Christ.

People are prisoners in their own homes on the Sabbath for fear of doing work like turning on lights, or driving for example. This "work" ethic is a human construct.

CHRIST picked and ate food, healed, ministered, etc. He did work, and the pharisees arrogantly, and ignorantly accused Him of breaking the Sabbath law.

This SAME ARGUMENT is being used to attack believers who believe in following the Sabbath.

If there are people judging the trajectory of the soul - for any reason - then that is problematic. But, I think erroneous judgment inside the Church is much worse than a believer wanting to follow the Sabbath, and encouraging their brothers/sisters to do the same.

It is, after all, in the bible canon.

Upvote 0