Unbeliever I’m going through dark night of the soul.

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello I am going through a dark night of the soul. I don’t see any hope of salvation. I am seriously doubting those events that I mentioned in my previous threads are ways God is drawing me. When I try to pray I get deliberate evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. Those are my thoughts, not some evil spirit. Maybe I should take a break from Christian forums. God is still not answering me despite my time in constant prayer. I think it’s in vain :/

Last edited:

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟409,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These things will happen, until you lay down your arms against Him. Try reading your Bible first for a couple years and pray after you read. There’s hope in that. He loves you but you have to quit assaulting Him. Put on some classical music. He came to me after reading and saved my soul. We all have a flesh that can’t please God but we do anyway. The Bible will help change you- believe it. Dark nights come and go but the light, love, way of the Lord lasts forever. Praying for you.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello I am going through a dark night of the soul. I don’t see any hope of salvation. I am seriously doubting those events that I mentioned in my previous threads are ways God is drawing me. When I try to pray I get deliberate evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. Those are my thoughts, not some evil spirit. Maybe I should take a break from Christian forums. God is still not answering me despite my time in constant prayer. I think it’s in vain :/
When you stop doubting, things will change. Blessings.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟129,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you believe you have a soul, what's the problem.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God has in fact already answered you. Very clearly, in His word.
God has done everything that needs to be done. Just settle it that you are saved because He said so. If you have called on the name of the Lord they you are saved. It is out of your hands. Scripture says that He has redeemed you. It says that Jesus was the propitiation for your sins. It says that God was in Christ reconciling you to Himself. Just tell the devil, and your soul that it is done.
He is your Lord, made so by God. He is not asking your permission.

Acts 2:36 KJV
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:18-20 KJV
18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Not sure what you are waiting for? Like Paul, I suggest "be ye reconciled to God!"

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Sounds like (by what you are writing) you have been exposed to bad teaching, that teach a works based salvation. So no wonder you are writing what you are writing.

God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation is not received by obedient actions. The free gift of Eternal Life salvation is receive when you believe in Jesus for Eternal Life. As John 5:24 states when a person believes, they cross over from death to life and become a permanent born again child of God. This is not based on any kind of feeling, but on the simple fact that a person believes God promise of Eternal Life to anyone who believes in Jesus.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have no pangs of guilt or remorse for my sin at all. I am going through terrible anxiety and depression right now. Maybe that’s a factor. I know my conscience is very seared badly, probably beyond recovery. Could my depression and severe anxiety be why I’m lacking the emotion of guilt?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I invite you to enjoy singing the word of God.
Here are a few samples of how you can let the word of Christ dwell in you richly swallowing up sadness and over introspection.
Llearn to SING the pure word of God. No need to be a good singer. Fill your heart with songs full of Bible verses.

TItus 3:15 - For the Grace of God Has Appeared

Romans 5:1-11 - Therefore Having Been Justified By Faith

Hebrews 8:1,2 - The Chief Point is This

John 14:1-3 Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have pangs of guilt or remorse for my sin at all. I am going through terrible anxiety and depression right now. Maybe that’s a factor. I know my conscience is very seared badly, probably beyond recovery. Could my depression and severe anxiety be why I’m lacking the emotion of guilt?
When you get like that you have to learn what is coming from YOU genuinely and what is being shot into your thought life as darts
from other sources.

Any extras from the enemy of God you have to reject as not YOUR real thoughts.

As for those thoughts which are yours, I would make a suggestion. You are having problems with asking God for help.
Since praying isn't working much try praising instead. This will be an exercise of denying yourself.

What ever thought you have concerning YOUR deficiency - CHANGE it and TURN it around as a Praise to the Lord Jesus.
Whatever you sense you LACK turn it around as a PRAISE to the Lord Jesus that He HAS that good thing and IS the good thing you long for.

Example:
1.) You lack joy - "Lord Jesus, I praise You that YOU are So full of eternal joy."

2.) You lack peace - " Oh Lord Jesus, You have overcome and are at such great PEACE forever."

3.) You feel worthless - "Lord Jeus, I Love You becaue YOU are SO worthy, SO precious and SO worthwhile. Lord Jesus how MEANINGFUL YOU are. Amen."

You see? Turn those feelings around into a praise to the Lord Jesus.
You make Him your all and all. He is everything you do not have. He is everything you need.
It is no longer you that live but it is Christ who lives in you.

"O LOrd Jesus, I thankyou that there is also no self pity in You Lord. Lord Jesus how HEALTHY You are."

PS. If you feel the need for professional clinical help take that opportunity also -WITH PRAYER for guidance.
It may be a chemical need that professional expertise might be of assistance.
I have had Christians family with also some clinical depression of certain Christians.
Some medication may be needed also with professional counciling and prayerful guidance between you and the Lord.

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SplendidSeraphim

Spreading love and cookies
Apr 6, 2023
California
✟9,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's gonna be ok. I've gone through so many dark nights of the soul that you'd think I'm living in Alaska and it's one of those things where it's like 6 months straight of no sun.

My point is, it's okay. We are here to love and support each other. The evil one wants you to run from God. No, God does this to the people He loves the most! You've been chosen by God for very special graces.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's gonna be ok. I've gone through so many dark nights of the soul that you'd think I'm living in Alaska and it's one of those things where it's like 6 months straight of no sun.

My point is, it's okay. We are here to love and support each other. The evil one wants you to run from God. No, God does this to the people He loves the most! You've been chosen by God for very special graces.
That is right. And this life is arranged by God that few of us can make it alone. We need one another to get through.
This helps us but in addition accomplishes God's purpose to build us up together into His corporate building of the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0