United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry for the repeat threads.
Good question …. How could you love someone who would cause destruction, disaster, and death.

Answer …The God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ is not responsible. The god of this world …the adversary is.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good question …. How could you love someone who would cause destruction, disaster, and death.

Answer …The God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ is not responsible. The god of this world …the adversary is.
That isn’t what my Bible says. It says God and Satan are responsible.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true. But natural disasters remain. And events like Sodom and Gomorrah show the reason.
Sorry, I don’t understand why God would do that to the human beings He created and loves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I don’t understand why God would do that to the human beings He created and loves.

Indeed. It's hard to understand. But there it is. The Bible says it.

I don't know if I can provide much comfort, but I sorta feel like I have to try. Unfortunately, you'll probably perceive my answer as an excuse.

The explanation I've received from my pastor is that there is nuance in the text that doesn't translate well to English. In brief, it reads more like, 'God does things that we finite, ignorant people perceive to be disastrous.'

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Great question! The answer is not that complicated, actually! Both God and Satan cause destruction, but their goal is entirely opposite: God means to lead us to repentance, whereas Satan means to tempt us away from God.

All evil, pain, death, and natural disasters are a consequence of our fall into sin and our continuous rebellion towards God. Yet, our Lord is patient with us and uses these things to grant us repentance. In other words, God works all things for good. And furthermore, these things are overcome by Christ, and they are only temporary. As Paul says: “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” This is to say, God bears with us sinners in this corrupt and broken world, but what we now experience is nothing compared to the peace and joy that Christ has won for us!

• Informative
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums