Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Wow. I'm sorry. I thought everyone knew that ECF stands for Early Church Fathers. Michie you've been around these forums for five years and have post 25,000 posts...have you really not seen this acronym?

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a magic list for you, but one of the most likely things they agreed on were the nature of the Church's clerical structure. By the time most of the Early Church Fathers were writing, the priest -> bishop hierarchy was established. Note that I'm also not referring to the papacy here, but rather priest -> bishop in general.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟64,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I'm sorry. I thought everyone knew that ECF stands for Early Church Fathers. Michie you've been around these forums for five years and have post 25,000 posts...have you really not seen this acronym?

Hey, it not like people around here are in the habit of telling anyone what acronyms they are throwing around.

Personally, until now I thought we were talking about the English Chess Federation.

Boy, do some things make more sense now....

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that the ECF's had various beliefs, some were in contradiction with each other, some were not.

Is there a list that shows which beliefs the ECF's were in total agreement with? Especially beliefs that today are controversial.

Yeah, its all in the Nicene Creed.

Jim

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I know that the ECF's had various beliefs, some were in contradiction with each other, some were not.

Is there a list that shows which beliefs the ECF's were in total agreement with? Especially beliefs that today are controversial.

I don't know if there's a list, probably is, - but in my research I've found that they all agree on the Sacraments and the visible hierarchical structure of the Church. They also seem to agree on Mary.. and on many other things, actually.

They all believed in the Real Presence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Great thread!
There are some threads on the Christian History board.
One thread I had up didn't really answer my question much concerning Revelation. :wave:

Christian History - Christian Forums
Christian History

http://www.christianforums.com/t7263327/
Early ECFs and Queen/Babylon in Revelation

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I really haven't. *shrug*

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟8,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if there's a list, probably is, - but in my research I've found that they all agree on the Sacraments and the visible hierarchical structure of the Church. They also seem to agree on Mary.. and on many other things, actually.

They all believed in the Real Presence.

I'm surprised that no one has ever composed a list. MoNiCa you are on the right track, that is the kind of thing I am looking for.

Upvote 0