• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Unable to make connections...

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so scared.

I was doing great and my bpd was almost unnoticeable. Then I reconnected with an old friend and BAM. It's back in full swing. I am splitting something horrible tonight and I tried so hard not to freak out on this friend and I did better than I used to but still...I'm worried I sabotaged the friendship and it's just so embarrassing even if I didn't.

What if I can't have friends? What if I can't have people in my life because my bpd just gets in the way? Dear God, I feel awful.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if I can't have friends? What if I can't have people in my life because my bpd just gets in the way?
Friends make allowences for their friends.

Yes I suspect you will find it harder than most to make good friends. You will put some people off who don't want to get involved with someone 'who is different'

Not everyone is as shallow as that.
Get involved in your church, do as much as you can, live life.

Upvote 0