• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Ultra - Liberal Children

Discussion in 'Golden Eagles (age 50 or older as of 2019)' started by Mom/Grandma, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mom/Grandma

Mom/Grandma New Member

+12
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Does anyone else have far-left adult children while you are more on the conservative side? How is it going for you? Any tips?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,824
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Be happy that they grew up so well?

3. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,176
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Yes, I do. We've learned not to discuss lots of things, and basically stick to neutral topics.

4. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,534
    Anglican
    Married
    Not me personally, but my parents do.^_^

5. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,534
    Anglican
    Married
    Okay, I'll give you a more serious reply as the parent of 3 adult children who haven't always followed a path their father would have chosen for them. I know different parents have different approaches, but when my children became adults I treated them like adults. I stopped giving parental advice or direction unless they asked for it. My role of trying to influence their behavior is over unless I'm invited to do so. I remember how I would have felt at their age about unsolicited advice when I envisioned myself as a grown up capable of making my own decisions.

I don't need to discuss our differences about their religion, politics, or choice of romantic partners. But, I'll talk about it honestly when asked. The end result is we're all great friends and no one is upset at Thanksgiving dinner.