Ukraine, a bastion of Christianity, pray for them.

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have to confess to knowing little about Ukraine till recently
I bought a book years ago called “ vision of hope, queen of Ukraine”
ive only just read it, and the messages are very timely now.
well worth reading.

The history is fascinating..
tradition has it, that Andrew, brother of Peter reached the Dnieper river.
pope clement, one of the first ( was exiled to the crimea by Romans , ( a Christian prison ground!) ultimately executed by trajan there.

Christianity flourished under VlodYmir just before the first Millenium,
since then it has struggled to keep its national identity, but kept its christianity.
it has had a torrid time like Poland, a pawn in the game of foreign dictators
It is still a very Christian nation despite the determination of Russia to wipe christianity out in favour of state russian orthodoxy.

it now hopes to join EU, but it may be even worse.
when EU dictates its “ rule of law” to Hungary and Poland - few realise they are an attack on the two most Christian nations in EU.
the EU , like russia intent on imposing its moral relativism on all states.

The battle for Ukraine is also for christianity against satan.
All should pray for them, regardless of differences in creed.

not sure if this belongs in current affairs or prayers!

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'll pray for Ukraine but it needs to be said that if Ukraine wins this war, Christianity in Ukraine will decline.
Why do you feel that way. Just curious. I've prayed for Ukraine, but am not that familiar with all the political, or religious, issues.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why do you feel that way. Just curious. I've prayed for Ukraine, but am not that familiar with all the political, or religious, issues.
Supposing as a hypothetical Ukraine wins. It wouldn't be just the Ukraine winning, it would be the collective West which has lend leased to Ukraine and lent it billions of dollars in aid during this conflict. This would put Ukraine firmly in western orbit in terms of influence and the Ukraine as a country would essentially be owned by the Western powers, EU and USA. That is going to carry through to policy, law and culture. What is western culture today? It is secular, pro-LGBT and progressive. Eastern Orthodoxy isn't any of those things and it would consequently be eroded, gradually but inevitably by western influence/control over the Ukraine.

Ukraine winning this war, means Christianity losing in Ukraine.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray for Ukraine and for the people. The on in charge.. seems no better then Putin. So many things he has done is not being reported by most.

"Ukraine winning this war, means Christianity losing in Ukraine." Yeah that man is not for Christ from what I see hear. Yet maybe his heart is different thats between him and God.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

"Ukraine winning this war, means Christianity losing in Ukraine." Yeah that man is not for Christ from what I see hear. Yet maybe his heart is different thats between him and God.
Whom are you referring to here?

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the end Ukraine is the people.

Whatever you think of the leader, he could have fled early on. His resilience is part of what is uniting the people.

The trials of Poland under fascism and communism , has not killed Christianity.

it amazes me EU think they can face down Poland, in a demand they adopt moral relativism!

Just an aside… who has heard of a Bandura? It’s a Ukrainian instrument.
here is “ jingle bells” Ukrainian fashion! They do Christmas in ukraine!

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the end Ukraine is the people.

Whatever you think of the leader, he could have fled early on. His resilience is part of what is uniting the people.

The trials of Poland under fascism and communism , has not killed Christianity.

it amazes me EU think they can face down Poland, in a demand they adopt moral relativism!
Fascism and Communism might not have killed Christianity, but Christianity is currently declining in Poland under Liberal Democracy. The EU probably can face down Poland and win, unless Poland is is willing to think radically outside of the current paradigm.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Supposing as a hypothetical Ukraine wins. It wouldn't be just the Ukraine winning, it would be the collective West which has lend leased to Ukraine and lent it billions of dollars in aid during this conflict. This would put Ukraine firmly in western orbit in terms of influence and the Ukraine as a country would essentially be owned by the Western powers, EU and USA. That is going to carry through to policy, law and culture. What is western culture today? It is secular, pro-LGBT and progressive. Eastern Orthodoxy isn't any of those things and it would consequently be eroded, gradually but inevitably by western influence/control over the Ukraine.

Ukraine winning this war, means Christianity losing in Ukraine.
I’m not that familiar with the Ukraine. But the president did cross dressing on TV. So I’m guessing he and his country are pretty secular. Again, I’m not that familiar with your Ukraine, but what I have seen there are some believers there, just like in the United States, but they’re not running the show.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m not that familiar with the Ukraine. But the president did cross dressing on TV. So I’m guessing he and his country are pretty secular. Again, I’m not that familiar with your Ukraine, but what I have seen there are some believers there, just like in the United States, but they’re not running the show.
He is an ACTOR by profession!
do you assume all the parts an actor plays ( including mass murderers ) represent what they believe??
You let your assumptions go wild. Ukraine is very christian!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It doesn’t matter if he is an actor or not. The Bible tells us not to put on the garments of the opposite sex. It doesn’t say well if you’re an actor go for it.

You can say well, he’s just acting. Really? Why did he choose that way to act? There are limitless ways to entertain, which don’t involve putting on a woman’s clothing if you’re a man.

If you are a serious Christian, you obey the Word and you don’t laugh with those who disobey it.

Ukrainian people voted a cross dresser in as president. They also allow abortion, up to 22 weeks in some cases. And abortion is common in the Ukraine.

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that any nation that votes in a cross dresser as president and kills preborn babies is a bastion of Christianity. And that goes for pretty much the whole world.

And if you don’t know it already, the way they are killing babies in abortion settings is totally barbaric, and horrific. Those little babies have pain sensors!
And they are human beings made in the image and likeness of the Almighty.

But you’re certainly entitled to your opinion about what makes a nation a bastion of Christianity. And I am entitled to mine, of course. If there is a nation out there that is a bastion of Christianity, I haven’t seen it.

There are sincere Christians, indeed, not uncommonly being persecuted by their nations. But they are always the minority, the remnant.

This isn’t surprising since Christ said that few would take the straight and narrow path to heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t matter if he is an actor or not. The Bible tells us not to put on the garments of the opposite sex. It doesn’t say well if you’re an actor go for it.

You can say well, he’s just acting. Really? Why did he choose that way to act? There are limitless ways to entertain, which don’t involve putting on a woman’s clothing if you’re a man.

If you are a serious Christian, you obey the Word and you don’t laugh with those who disobey it.

Ukrainian people voted a cross dresser in as president. They also allow abortion, up to 22 weeks in some cases. And abortion is common in the Ukraine.

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that any nation that votes in a cross dresser as president and kills preborn babies is a bastion of Christianity. And that goes for pretty much the whole world.

And if you don’t know it already, the way they are killing babies in abortion settings is totally barbaric, and horrific. Those little babies have pain sensors!
And they are human beings made in the image and likeness of the Almighty.

But you’re certainly entitled to your opinion about what makes a nation a bastion of Christianity. And I am entitled to mine, of course. If there is a nation out there that is a bastion of Christianity, I haven’t seen it.

There are sincere Christians, indeed, not uncommonly being persecuted by their nations. But they are always the minority, the remnant.

This isn’t surprising since Christ said that few would take the straight and narrow path to heaven.
So you are of a mindset that says it is not possible to stage a passion play because it is unethical to play judas or herod
Because by acting judas or Herod, you must adopt their beliefs? So the story cannot be told.

Ukranian abortion laws were in essence passed by the Godless USSR. And reinstated by them.
It is Always the left that has no moral compass and kills babies. But Zelezny has only been there 3? years?
Yet you blame him for all the ills of russian society inflicted on ukraine?
Ukraine is the long suffering people, not the president. Most of them catholic or orthodox.

I am with you on the horror that is abortion.
The godless british labour party is determined to make abortion on demand. They are an utter disgrace.
I would prefer poland here.

But The greatest thing wrong with our world is how judgemental all people are on people they do not know.
Condemn biden of course because he is on record trying to encourage abortion! He is no christian or catholic. Condemn zelensky if he has said the same. But I am not aware of it?

You sit in judgement of Zelensky. You are looking for fault.
My suggestion is you worry about the beam in your eye!
I read that somewhere..the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Bible never said a word about taking the part of bad guys in plays. That is not condemned, much less even mentioned.

It very clearly says, though, that men should not wear women’s clothing. It makes no exception to that. Who do you suppose really enjoyed the sight of Zylenski dressing up like a woman? Those in the LGBT movement or Bible believing Christians? Rhetorical question.

In a sense, especially to the babies themselves, the crucial point isn’t who made the laws for abortion in the Ukraine. To the babies who died, it is also irrelevant what is going on in the British Isles, if they were in the Ukraine. They are dead one way or another.

Whoever made the laws, very many Ukrainian women have taken advantage of those laws. And they certainly aren’t being forced to do so. Not by the British or by the Russians.

If you would research it, you would see that Zylenski has stated that abortion should not be banned, that you get an abortion as a personal choice. (No choice for the babies, of course. )

And he said that there should be less impingement on human freedom. How is he different from Biden? Another rhetorical question. Oh but don’t say anything negative about Biden. First look at the beam in your own eye. Or anyway, that’s how you seem to interpret the words of Christ.

Zylenski has supported the LGBT agenda, including same sex marriage.

There are a lot of people speaking out about Nazification in the Ukraine though honestly I haven’t wanted to go there and research farther.

You said that the Ukraine is a bastion of Christian values. If I take exception to that with data, then you want to accuse me of being a hypocrite.

No, I am simply standing up for what the Bible says. Many people in the Bible, prophets, kings, and others spoke out against evils and rulers in their society. The Almighty did not call them hypocrites who should first look at the beams in their own eyes. He agreed with them! He flat out told prophets to condemn evil practices and evil people.

And such condemnation extends to evil people and nations, through the prophet John re the last days in the book of Revelation.

I do not see any big difference between the Ukraine and the United States. They are both highly secular.

Again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

And I really don’t have anything else to say. Blessings and bye!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. well, I did have this one other thing I thing to say. On a recent trip to Washington Zylenski was treated like a hero with all kinds of fanfare and praise, by the Democrats.
Some Republicans also joined in. As I always say, there’s really very little difference between the two parties.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible never said a word about taking the part of bad guys in plays. That is not condemned, much less even mentioned.

It very clearly says, though, that men should not wear women’s clothing. It makes no exception to that. Who do you suppose really enjoyed the sight of Zylenski dressing up like a woman? Those in the LGBT movement or Bible believing Christians? Rhetorical question.

In a sense, especially to the babies themselves, the crucial point isn’t who made the laws for abortion in the Ukraine. To the babies who died, it is also irrelevant what is going on in the British Isles, if they were in the Ukraine. They are dead one way or another.

Whoever made the laws, very many Ukrainian women have taken advantage of those laws. And they certainly aren’t being forced to do so. Not by the British or by the Russians.

If you would research it, you would see that Zylenski has stated that abortion should not be banned, that you get an abortion as a personal choice. (No choice for the babies, of course. )

And he said that there should be less impingement on human freedom. How is he different from Biden? Another rhetorical question. Oh but don’t say anything negative about Biden. First look at the beam in your own eye. Or anyway, that’s how you seem to interpret the words of Christ.

Zylenski has supported the LGBT agenda, including same sex marriage.

There are a lot of people speaking out about Nazification in the Ukraine though honestly I haven’t wanted to go there and research farther.

You said that the Ukraine is a bastion of Christian values. If I take exception to that with data, then you want to accuse me of being a hypocrite.

No, I am simply standing up for what the Bible says. Many people in the Bible, prophets, kings, and others spoke out against evils and rulers in their society. The Almighty did not call them hypocrites who should first look at the beams in their own eyes. He agreed with them! He flat out told prophets to condemn evil practices and evil people.

And such condemnation extends to evil people and nations, through the prophet John re the last days in the book of Revelation.

I do not see any big difference between the Ukraine and the United States. They are both highly secular.

Again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

And I really don’t have anything else to say. Blessings and bye!
You mean there are Russians talking about nazificaton in Ukraine. It was their pretext for war.
meanwhile - the people identify as Catholic and orthodox Christian both of whom take a stance against abortion.
They have lived under religious oppression till recent times,

They are who I care about - and for as long as zelensky is taking a stand against occupation by godless Russia to preserve the religious freedom against state suppression in Russia , he is doing a good thing.

Nobody is either all good or all bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As I said, I haven’t studied the nazification issue. I personally haven’t heard of the Russians using the Nazi issue as a reason for their aggression. I’ve heard them giving other reasons. The people that I see talking about the Nazi issue are in this country. I’m not saying they are right. I’m saying they have caused me to have some concern.

I am not judging Zylenski’s heart but have only been saying that his politics have not been Christian and have even been anti-Biblical.

I do not know what is in his heart, or what the Lord might do with him in the future. But there is no reason to believe that he isn’t godless. Currently anyway.

His strong anti-biblical stances are very harmful to his nation, and to the world. If he has ever said anything in support of Christianity, I haven’t heard it.

As far as your statement that no one is all good, or all bad, that doesn’t agree with the Bible.

Christ said that there is demon seed. He made it clear that they will not be saved but will go to hell. I am certainly not saying that Zylenski is Demon seed. I’m just asking for correctness about what the Bible actually says.

Starting in genesis, we are told that the devil has seed in this world. They are all bad. They cannot be saved. They are behind so much of the suffering in this world.

Based on their facial expressions, if I were going to say who is Demon seed, Putin or Zylenski, I would guess Putin. Putin looks like a psychopath and acts like a psychopath. I think Zylenski looks confused.

To me, he just seems spiritually blind, spiritually clueless. But those are just my opinions, and beside the point.

I think he is a pawn. Some say of the military industrial complex. But, again, I haven’t researched it that much.

I have prayed for the people of Ukraine, as stated above. My prayers include mercy for anyone, but especially for the elect. Even for the pets who were left behind as people fled that nation.

Of course, there are some Christians in the Ukraine who are sincere. But my point in posting to you was to say that the Ukraine nation itself is not a bastion of Christianity.

I haven’t really researched Poland that much. But from what I have seen, as in opposition to abortion, I would say they would be more likely to meet that definition. I certainly would not include the United States in that definition. Though there are many righteous Christians in America, fighting against evil.

But those are my personal opinions. Again, you certainly are entitled to yours.

Upvote 0