• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

UK Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, Mar 2, 2021.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Sunday 14 March 2021. Will you be celebrating Mother's Day?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    My grandchildren may think and send me a card, my son's children. That would be lovely.

3. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What is the difference between Mother's Day USA and Mothering Sunday (UK)?

4. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I shall be thinking of my Mum on Mothering Sunday and remembering her love and kindness.

5. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'O give us homes built firm upon the Saviour. Where Christ is Head and Counsellor and Guide. Where every child is taught His love and favor and gives his heart to Christ the crucified'. How sweet to know that though his footsteps waver,His faithful Lord is walking by his side!' (Barbara B Hart)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  6. musicalpilgrim

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for my daughter, grown up but still my child.

Lord God, we praise you that you are fully in control of all things.

I pray you would protect my child. Keep her healthy and help her to thrive. I thank you that you know every hair on her head. You know exactly when she rises and when she falls.

Watch over my child in every area of her life and keep her safe I pray,

Help her to remember the times when she was so close to you, draw her to yourself, in Jesus name. Amen.

7. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'When mothers of Salem their children brought to Jesus,the stern disciples drove them back and bade them depart. But Jesus saw them ere they fled and sweetly smiled and kindly said,"Suffer little children to come into Me' (William M Hutchins)

8. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'For I will receive them and fold them in my bosom. I'll be a Shepherd to those lambs,O drive them not away. For if their hearts to Me they give,they shall with me in glory live.'Suffer little children to come into Me' (William M Hutchins)

9. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'How kind was our Saviour to bid those children welcome! But there are many thousands,who have never heard his name. The Bible they have never read. They know not that the Saviour said,'Suffer little children to come into Me' (William M Hutchins)

10. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'O give us homes with godly father's,mothers,who always place their hope and trust in Him. Whose tender patience, turmoil never bothers,whose calm and courage,trouble cannot dim. A home where each finds joy in serving others and love still shines,though days be dark and grim' (Barbara B Hart)

11. musicalpilgrim

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That is a wonderful prayer.

12. musicalpilgrim

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray that I will see my daughter on Mother's day. We haven't seen her since the lockdown in January.

13. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'O give us homes,where Christ is Lord and Master,the Bible read,the precious hymns still sung,where prayer comes first in peace or in disaster and praise is natural speech in every tongue. Where mountains move before a faith that's vaster and Christ sufficient is for old and young' (Barbara B Hart)

14. musicalpilgrim

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Dear Father thank you for my lovely thoughtful Church that sent a mother's day card and chocolate for me. :)

15. musicalpilgrim

+28,395
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I remember my mother with love and affection. Thank you dear Lord for her.

16. quietbloke

+48,699
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'O Lord our God our homes are Thine and forever! We trust to Thee their problems,toil and care. Their bonds of love no enemy can sever. If Thou art always Lord and Master there. Be Thou the center of our least endeavour. Be Thou our Guest our hearts and homes to share' (Barbara B Hart)