Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The UK is having a general election on the 12th.

Praying that the Lord will raise up an army of Bible-believing, praying Christians to seriously intercede on behalf of the UK and its general election. Praying the Lord will give the UK Christians knowledge and conviction concerning who and what to vote for.

Praying the Lord will install as many God-fearing and capable people that will help and strengthen the UK Church/nation, further the Christian worldview, and further the UK down the road to success according to God's will.

Praying that the UK exits the EU.

Thank you for your prayers.

UK parliament agrees to early election Dec. 12, ahead of EU's Brexit deadline

2019 United Kingdom general election - Wikipedia

Last edited:

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
The UK is having a general election on the 12th.

Praying that the Lord will raise up an army of Bible-believing, praying Christians to seriously intercede on behalf of the UK and its general election. Praying the Lord will give the UK Christians knowledge and conviction concerning who and what to vote for.

Praying the Lord will install as many God-fearing and capable people that will help and strengthen the UK Church/nation, further the Christian worldview, and further the UK down the road to success according to God's will.

Praying that the UK exists the EU.

Thank you for your prayers.

UK parliament agrees to early election Dec. 12, ahead of EU's Brexit deadline

2019 United Kingdom general election - Wikipedia

Thank you.
I think you mean "the UK exits the EU." I do as well. I have already voted by postal vote.
I just pray that the Lord's will be done. But we are due for judgement, due to evolution being taught in schools, abortion and same sex mariages.

But "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men and giveth it to whomsoever he will and setteth up over it the basest of men." Daniel 4:17

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MrsFoundit
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thank you for the prayer. It is great except that I'd rather you would be praying that the UK stays in the EU.

Almost every Tory advert is dishonest, compared to none of Labour’s, research finds

I don't agree with that. Labour's chant "For the many, noy the few," is not thrue, They are for the unions not the many. I remember how the unions used tgo ruin the country. Their strikes drove many of or businesses bankrupt, The Shipbuilders, the dockers, the miners, car manufacturers, and the company I used to work for closed down because of strikes and opened with completely new staff. The unions are still trying to ruin the railways.
At the moment the Pound is rising. If Corbyn gets into powere the Pound will crash and inflation will hit the roof.
If we sty in the EU, because Qualified Veto will end in the EU soon, the Germans and French will be able to push their plan for an EU army, and we will have to be in it. That will be a German army. We will have to Join the Euro and our reserves will be transferred to Francfurt. We will then have to support the failing currences.

Hitler's plan for Germany to rule Europe will have succeded with stealth. The politicians lied to us about how the various treaties.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you.
I think you mean "the UK exits the EU." I do as well. I have already voted by postal vote.
I just pray that the Lord's will be done. But we are due for judgement, due to evolution being taught in schools, abortion and same sex mariages.

But "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men and giveth it to whomsoever he will and setteth up over it the basest of men." Daniel 4:17

Thanks for your post, brother. And thank you for voting. Thanks for the spelling correction as well.

Due for judgment? The UK alone? The world? Has God revealed such to you? I believe there is nothing in Scripture describing inevitable decline prior to the 1 Thess. 4;17 Rapture Event. Nothing. All Scripture describing such is being misinterpreted or being applied to the wrong time period.

We cannot on one hand believe for societal improvement and on the other be expecting decline becasue of some supposed biblical interpretation. Such contradiction only necessarily exists with the post-trib model. That is one main reason I reject it. There is a current biblical mandate to bring forth good in society. No true good will come forth in society unless it comes forth through the saints of God. If it does not come forth, it is primarily the fault of the Church of God.

The US experienced a "political miracle" in 2016. That flew in the face of post-trib theology. Just like the Reformation does, just like the improvements under Wesley does, etc. etc.

You know that Ninevah was under imminent judgment. However, Ninevah did not have a multitude of praying Christians interceding for it, now did they.

Get busy, Saints. Your are the salt and light of the Earth. Think, Act, and Talk like it. Bring it forth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that if the Church fails in its duty to bring forth the true good in society, God Almighty will choose what Godless and destructive individuals to put or allow into positions of authority or power. Either way, His sovereignty and righteous judgement is preserved. Why should God install good leaders if we sit around believing that moral decline is inevitable, thereby destroying our own capacity to walk in full faith for positive change in society?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
If the exit polls tell a true story, then I am afraid that it seems that the turkeys have voted for Christmas.
A couple of days after the reverendum my Grandson got married in Ramsbottom, Lancashire. At the ceremony they were some of their friends in Northern Island. They told me on hearing the result, they sang Land of Hope and Glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,050.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It would seem the election was dominated by Brexit and not much else. If the pro-Brexit conservatives win by a landslide, including winning some traditionally strong labour seats, then there is obviously a clear feeling in much of Britain that Brexit is the way to go.

It seems the British people (generally) want the whole thing finished so they can move on with their lives. I suspect they're sick and tired of it.

Labour predicted to lose more than a quarter of its seats as Johnson eyes 'phenomenal victory'

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
It would seem the election was dominated by Brexit and not much else. If the pro-Brexit conservatives win by a landslide, including winning some traditionally strong labour seats, then there is obviously a clear feeling in much of Britain that Brexit is the way to go.

It seems the British people (generally) want the whole thing finished so they can move on with their lives. I suspect they're sick and tired of it.

There is also the fact that many traditional labour voters did not like Corbyn or his extreme left wing policies.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,050.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is also the fact that many traditional labour voters did not like Corbyn or his extreme left wing policies.

I'm relying on local news outlets for my information. You're on the ground in the UK, so you'd have a better gut feeling on all the issues in the election.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,050.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think he BBC news is relayed on PBS in USA, or so they said earlier. When they welcomed viewers on PBS.

I'm in Australia, and the news link in my original post was from the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Mind you how they get their news is no doubt an admixture - their own journalists and I'd assume a London office, but they'd also be affected by their own and other's opinions.

The ABC tends to be left wing. Whether this meant they didn't report the Labour voters' general dislike of Jeremy Corbyn or not I couldn't say, but it did not receive much air time here, if any. Most of the reporting has been centred around Boris Johnson and Brexit (and Theresa May before him).

They seem to defer to a chap by the name of Antony Green for most of their electoral analysis. He was born in Britain incidentally, but migrated to Australia when he was just four years old.

Antony Green - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Jeremy Corbyn and his co leaders blamed Brexit for thir defeat, but on interviews on BBC and Sky news, former labour said thay voted against Corbyn.
Clive Miry, a BBC journalist said "I have been all over the Country speaking to people and have seen that Corbyn is the problem. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but I could see it, why couldn't they?"
BBC News were showing a speach by Jo Swinson, the Liberal Democrat leader after she had lost a seat. I can't stand her voice, so I switched to Sky, they had the same, I switched to RT and they had the same interview, so I switched off.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jeremy Corbyn and his co leaders blamed Brexit for thir defeat, but on interviews on BBC and Sky news, former labour said thay voted against Corbyn.
Clive Miry, a BBC journalist said "I have been all over the Country speaking to people and have seen that Corbyn is the problem. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but I could see it, why couldn't they?"
BBC News were showing a speach by Jo Swinson, the Liberal Democrat leader after she had lost a seat. I can't stand her voice, so I switched to Sky, they had the same, I switched to RT and they had the same interview, so I switched off.
Well......has things turned out better than you thought they would?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well......has things turned out better than you thought they would?
Yes. At least we will have a goverment that is able to govern and not have all their plans thwarted by minor parties.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Continuing to pray for the UK's exit.
I hope so.
EU say in any trade deal we will have have "a level playing field", which means we will have fo abide by EU trade laws which will be regulated by the European Court. That would not be acceptable to me.

Upvote 0