UK court orders forced abortion for disabled Catholic, Nigerian woman

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The court is acting in loco parentis I suppose. As she’s not capable of making an informed decision. I wonder why they didn’t allow the grandmother to care for the baby . In the USA that might be illegal . I’m not at all familiar with UK Laws

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
UK law gives the Judge that authority, which she used to make a very unwise decision.

The grandmother, who is taking care of her daughter, said she would care for the baby as well, yet the Judge took that decision out of her hands.

There is a murder squad loose in the NHS

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
A few things to bear in mind

1) The girl in question is 22

2) That would mean her mother is probably about 40 - maybe a bit less

3) Grandmother's age - could well be 60

Grandmother is already helping her daughter [ the girl's mother] to care for the girl.

I would imagine the judge has taken the age of grandma into account - once the baby is born - just how long will both ladies be able to care for this baby as it grows into adulthood ?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Grandmother is already helping her daughter [ the girl's mother] to care for the girl.

I would imagine the judge has taken the age of grandma into account - once the baby is born - just how long will both ladies be able to care for this baby as it grows into adulthood ?
since she’s an adult they probably don’t have to take the family’s wishes into consideration. Even in the USA they’ll take a child from a family for Medical reasons if the parents religion forbids them to give medical care for the child . It used to happen to Jehovah witnesses a lot.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
From the article

<<
The Court of Protection handles cases involving individuals judged to lack the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves.

The woman, who cannot been publicly identified, has been described as “in her twenties,” and is under the care of an NHS trust, part of the UK’s National Health Service. >>

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look- The baby could be adopted out, fostered, whatever. The Grandmother is most likely perfectly capable of caring for her grandchild. This is a decision to kill. Against the family's wishes. This completely oversteps the bounds of decency across the board. She has family. She wants to have the child. And family is willing to raise the child. I really do not know how some people sleep at night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The woman's mother, reported to be a former midwife, registered her absolute opposition to the abortion citing the Catholic faith of her and her daughter. A social worker who cares for the woman also disagreed she should be forced to have an abortion.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no excuse for forced abortion/murder.
I am not making any judgements here - I do not believe in abortion BUT we do not have all the facts of this case

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The judge as a lawyer:

As a lawyer Lieven has appeared in court before in cases concerning abortion. In 2011, while representing the British Pregnancy Advisory Service, an abortion provider, she argued that British women should be permitted to medically abort their pregnancies in their own homes instead of a hospital.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Five years later, Lieven argued in court that Northern Ireland's abortion laws were a violation of the United Kingdom's Human Rights Act.

In 2017, she said Northern Ireland's were akin to torture and were discriminatory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NHS statistic show babies born at 24 weeks have a 50% chance of survival on average, though the rate depends on the NHS trust providing care. Babies born in a University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust hospital in London at 23 weeks of gestation have a 70% chance of survival.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

My mother had us at 42. When she died my grandmother took care of us while Dad worked two sometimes three coal mining jobs. She was 72. I'm this situation she would have been 62.

Legally it may be their matter but morally it is not matter for courts.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This quote from the justice is pure evil:

I think [the woman] would suffer greater trauma from having a baby removed [from her care],” Lieven said, because “it would at that stage be a real baby.”

Lieven clarified that the pregnancy “although real to [the woman], doesn’t have a baby outside her body she can touch.”

That thought process is straight up Satanic.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely. Makes me want to vomit.
This quote from the justice is pure evil:

I think [the woman] would suffer greater trauma from having a baby removed [from her care],” Lieven said, because “it would at that stage be a real baby.”

Lieven clarified that the pregnancy “although real to [the woman], doesn’t have a baby outside her body she can touch.”

That thought process is straight up Satanic.

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0