UK Catholic Bishop Speaks Out After Woman With Down Syndrome Loses Abortion Law Appeal

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heidi Crowter and her legal team are now considering taking her case to the UK Supreme Court.

The Catholic Church in England and Wales has spoken out against the UK’s abortion law, branding it “illogical and unjust,” after a woman with Down Syndrome lost a legal challenge to the law relating to abortion and disability.

In a ruling on November 25, the Court of Appeal ruled that the UK abortion law did not discriminate against disabled people, even though it permits abortion up to birth if medics suspect the baby is disabled.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Somebody is 'leading' them.
Downs folks are simple and innocent [as any human could be] and I highly doubt they know of these things, fully comprehend them or ponder them.

What I am curious about is, unless she is married, why is she pregnant? Someone perhaps taking full advantage of the situation and should be the one we're looking at.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Somebody is 'leading' them.
Downs folks are simple and innocent [as any human could be] and I highly doubt they know of these things, fully comprehend them or ponder them.

What I am curious about is, unless she is married, why is she pregnant? Someone perhaps taking full advantage of the situation and should be the one we're looking at.
I’ve worked with Down Syndrome patients. They have the same feelings/desires/ attachments we do. She is fighting and defending for the value of her life and other disabled children that can be killed up to birth. I did not read anything about her being pregnant... :scratch:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I’ve worked with Down Syndrome patients. They have the same feelings/desires/ attachments we do. She is fighting and defending for the value of her life and other disabled children that can be killed up to birth. I did not read anything about her being pregnant... :scratch:
O ok.
I thought this was in reference to a pregnancy.

It's terrible people don't see the innocence of Downs folk. They see no value in their lives. And that's so sad.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
O ok.
I thought this was in reference to a pregnancy.

It's terrible people don't see the innocence of Downs folk. They see no value in their lives. And that's so sad.
Most people that know people born in that condition see them as priceless.I’m glad she is standing up for those the world calls disabled.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0