The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should the statute of limitation come into play in this?

People do change over time, I know I have done things in my past that I wouldn't even think about doing now.

Really like your signature quotes, Tanj.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well folks on here keep saying that if more women were to come forward that would give Ford's allegations merits. They were saying that to try to discredit Ford on account of more women not having come forward yet. What I said was that whether she was the only one or not doesn't discredit her & that the FBI needs to investigate. This strengthens the case that they do. There could be more with accounts like this who are terrified to speak up publicly but would talk with the FBI about it.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Should the statute of limitation come into play in this?
I would think so. It's been almost 4 decades since these events supposedly happened. It's hard enough to prove them at the time they happened- what are we supposed to do with them all these years later? They can't be proven or disproven.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that's where I am on this, people change so much over time. I know I was a vastly different person 36 years ago.
If these incidents happened in the last 10 years, I think it would be a different story, and then you throw the politics into it, and now the majority of opinions on the matter seem to be divided right down political party lines.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, wait. Quote:

“I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” said Ramirez, a devout Catholic. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.”

Yet she apparently had no problem attending a college dorm party where people would be and/or were drinking themselves into oblivion. And of course someone was astute enough to yell out Kavanaugh's complete name for all to hear, just for the official future record.

And the second claim comes via twitter penned by Creepy inappropriate content Lawyer Michael Avenatti. The people the liberal left chooses to idolize never cease to amaze me.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and this was the exact same claim someone made against Peyton Manning the year following his retirement from professional football. Just saying.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think that's where I am on this, people change so much over time. I know I was a vastly different person 36 years ago.
If these incidents happened in the last 10 years, I think it would be a different story, and then you throw the politics into it, and now the majority of opinions on the matter seem to be divided right down political party lines.

There's no term limit on the length for SCOTUS justices, so if he gets onto the bench Kavanaugh could still be there in 30 years or longer. Keeping that in mind, we need to think about his judgement, his character. If these allegations are true, & he's been dishonest about them, then it's not just something from the past, it's right now. It's why there needs to be an investigation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's no term limit on the length for SCOTUS justices, so if he gets onto the bench Kavanaugh could still be there in 30 years or longer. Keeping that in mind, we need to think about his judgement, his character. If these allegations are true, & he's been dishonest about them, then it's not just something from the past, it's right now. It's why there needs to be an investigation.
Then they will have plenty of time to look into it after he is confirmed.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Then they will have plenty of time to look into it after he is confirmed.

That's about as logical as deciding to look into new warning signs about a plane's safety after a flight filled with passengers have taken off.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Boys will be boys, then?

Personally, I think that if Kavanaugh blows his confirmation over this, it just might give a few 17 year old boys a chance to realize that what they do here and now might have consequences later in life... and I don't see that as a bad thing.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Second woman comes forward with misconduct claims

Looks like we're going to have to fire up the microwave and get a couple more cases of popcorn.

Does this make Ford's claim more credible? Is this an offense that he should be punished for?
A second one comes forward. I'm not surprised. Yes ,I suspect more victims might come forward. Personally, anyone Trump picks is probably bad. Trash mingles with trash is my belief . This doesn't surprise me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
A second one comes forward. I'm not surprised. Yes ,I suspect more victims might come forward. Personally, anyone Trump picks is probably bad. Trash mingles with trash is my belief . This doesn't surprise me.
A second one comes forward only after the first one's claims are having a huge shadow cast over them because all four witnesses connected to this supposed event reject her story.

I doubt Ford's claims as much as the democrats that she sent these allegations to- they must have had serious doubts about her story to hide these allegations until the vote was getting ready to take place.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I still don't see how this affects his ability to read and follow the US constitution and make rational decisions.

That's really bad reasoning. Overlooking past crimes is not a good thing, especially if he wasn't punished for them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
However many liberals went to school with him is the potential number of new allegations.

sounds like you're saying Kavanaugh prefers to rape liberals?

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0