1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

UFOs: What do Christians say about aliens - What does the Bible say?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by BobRyan, Jul 2, 2022.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+8,241
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    In the article below -- Angels are listed as a class of alien life... intelligent life that is not God and that did not originate from Earth

What Can the Bible Tell Us about Mysteries Like Aliens and UFOs?.

Here is a Baptist news webite looking at the same question
    With all this talk of UFOs, what's a Christian to think? – Baptist News Global

from that website

"Thus, Christians are once again having conversations about what it would mean for Christian theology if we receive confirmation of alien life beyond earth. Obama even speculated this week that “new religions would pop up."​

Heb 1 says God created "the world" through Christ.
    He created it and all life on it - in 7 days according to Gen 2:1-3 and Ex 20:11
    Heb 11:1-3 says He "created the WORLDS"

From the Bible it appears that only this world fell into sin. So whatever sentient life is how there - it is not composed of sinners and therefore is not harmful, which means it is not separated from God the Creator -- according to the Bible.

On the other hand both Matt 24 and Rev 13 - along with 2 Thess 2 tell us that Satan deceives the entire world at the end - by amazing signs and wonders. And Satan is most certainly an alien that is "hostile"

2. BobRyan

+8,241
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Salvation is only offered on this planet - since only this planet has sinned.

Only this planet is in rebellion

3. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+2,490
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    There is no proof for this statement, though.

4. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+2,175
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Many insist that the truth about UFOs must be hidden because the social structures of humanity (including religion) would crumble, and civilization would fall into chaos. To that I say malarky. I know myself that my "social structure" is Christianity based on faith to start with. If a UFO landed on my front yard, it would change absolutely nothing about my faith in God and the Gospel. Faith is the evidence of things NOT seen, not the denial of things that are. Whatever the truth is, God is still sovereign, and it will make no difference in His eternal plan. So bring'em on if they exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+2,490
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    The idea that, so many governments around the world have been keeping so huge thing secret for decades, while their own crimes, corruption and scandals are made public on daily basis, is kind of absurd.

Either there are no aliens visiting us or the governments know little to nothing more than the rest of us.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  6. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+31,469
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I have always thought that angels , holy and fallen , were the extraterrestrials. The Bible is full of their interaction with people.I don't see why it should conflict with Christian theology. But, there is deception afoot in this world. That is why Lord Jesus warns believers to watch and do not be deceived.I think people are interacting with and seeing angels Holy and/or fallen. The closer we get to the Lord's return, the more they will manifest to the naked eye imho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+3,361
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    -​
    UFO's are government fakes just like the rest of the fake deceptions from nasa. What do you think the billions of dollars are being used for. To keep people believing the lies, too bad christians or people who identify as christian fall for these deceptions.

8. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,469
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Do you believe angels exist?

9. d taylor

+3,361
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Yes, i do and if an angel appeared they would appear as a man, just like they do in The Bible.

10. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,469
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    OK. But how would you know if they were Holy or fallen.

11. Ligurian

Ligurian Other Sheep

+465
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    The leader of fallen angels comes and goes... and will until the 3rd woe at the 7th trumpet. They are probably the 1/3 stars fallen with THE fallen star who opens the pit. Devils and demons aren't angels.

Revolution 16:13-14 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.[14] For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.KJV
    daimon = from daio (to distribute fortunes); a dæmon or supernatural spirit (of a bad nature):--devil. ... daimonion = neuter of a derivative of daimon; a dæmonic being; by extension a deity:--devil, god.--Strong's

Psalms 82:1-8 God stands in the assembly of gods, and in the midst of them will judge gods.[2] How long will ye judge unrighteously and accept the persons of sinners?[3] Judge the orphan and poor, do justice to the low and needy.[4] Rescue the needy and deliver the poor out of the hand of the sinner.[5] They know not, nor understand: they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the Earth shall be shaken.[6] I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you children of the Most High.[7] But ye die as men, and fall as one of the princes.[8] Arise, O God, judge the Earth: for Thou shalt inherit all nations.LXX
    (one of the princes: Revelation 12:4, Revelation 12:9, Daniel 10:20-21)

John 10:34-35 Iesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

So these gods/daemons are lesser-gods? that "distribute fortunes"?
    The pre-Greek Legends would call them the Fates.

12. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+683
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus is not on the earth until after the tribulation. His few angels do not try to deceive us.

13. d taylor

+3,361
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    That is something that i can not say, if they are distinguishable. As satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

14. Ligurian

Ligurian Other Sheep

+465
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    I totally agree with the first sentence.

"FIRE FROM THE SKY: Battle of Harvest Moon & True Story of Space Shuttles"

"MULDER: Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the Moon, cites secret studies on extraterrestrial materials and bodies. Secretary of State Cyrus Vance and future president Gerald R. Ford validate the UFO phenomenon in official government memoranda."--Transcript, X-Files, My Struggle, S10-E1

There are no Alien Abductions, only Government Kidnappings.

But that doesn't explain it all... unless government agents are Daemons that look like frogs.

15. Ligurian

Ligurian Other Sheep

+465
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    This is confusing. Are they man-shaped or not?

"In the ancient Greek religion, daimon designates not a specific class of divine beings, but a peculiar mode of activity: it is an occult power that drives humans forward or acts against them. Since daimon is the veiled countenance of divine activity, every deity can act as daimon.
    A special knowledge of daimones is claimed by Pythagoreans, whereas for Plato, daimon is a spiritual being who watches over each individual, and is tantamount to a higher self, or an angel."
    Daimon - Wikipedia

The Pythagoras daimon sounds like Strong's definition... the gods of fortune.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  16. d taylor

+3,361
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I woulds say the angel of light represents light and darkness as in good and evil.

17. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+683
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    the dragon, the beast, the false prophet. Fallen angels

18. BobRyan

+8,241
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Agreed that it is not good angels that try to deceive mankind.

19. BobRyan

+8,241
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Angels "can" appear as a man. In Gen 18 Abraham see 3 men- two of them are angels and they take on the form of a man in that case.

20. d taylor

+3,361
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The beast and false prophet are human men, who have as it is said sold their soul to satan.