Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....According to your "dearly held" interpretations.
Sorry, I don't see anything in the Bible that I have sufficient imagination to "interpret" into an argument in favor of the existence of, much less the significance of, Spacemen & Flying Saucers. But I'm told that if you read the Book of Enoch and are willing to disregard the amount if arrant falsehood in it, then you can find support for just about any kind of superstitious malarkey you'd care to embrace.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course one problem they would have would be to explain their origin.
Also, why would they try and introduce another religion when there are already so many here. If they claim evolution is correct then religions are just make believe stories with imaginary friends in the sky.
Further if they 'confirm' evolution then all that follows must be shown to be scientific in nature (ie testable and reproducible & even understandable). Anything else is 'magic' and you are back to religions.
To kill religions or get us to adopt theirs they have to deal with death, what if anything happens after and ideally, how to come back from it.
If they are so advanced and here to help they should have no problem with religion and be confident that we will just give it up of our own accord eventually.
Sorry mate, but you can be penalized for excessive use of logic in this thread.

Reactions: Sorn
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, no evidence is no evidence. By default I don't believe in things for whose existence there is no evidence. Unicorns, for instance, or bigfoots, peep stones or honest politicians. And sorry to say, every take of every goober who's ever seen a light in the sky that he couldn't figure out and immediately decided it must have been a Flying Saucer from a distant planet and/or a demon from the pits of hell makes me that much less likely to believe even folks who might actually be reliable observers. The ridiculous lengths the True Believers in SM&FS go to in the attempt to somehow ram their baseless notions onto the Christian Faith makes the whole topic even more toxic to me. If they wanna believe in Space Men & Flying Saucers, or chupacabras, orbs, omnipotent global conspiracies, magic, or any other such glop, fine. But don't try and act as though the Bible supports that stuff, because it does not. And the next person who says "If you believe in God then you have to believe in Demons in Flying Saucers" in my presence is courting a punch in the eye.
Hear no evidence, see no evidence, speak no evidence.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I don't see anything in the Bible that I have sufficient imagination to "interpret" into an argument in favor of the existence of, much less the significance of, Spacemen & Flying Saucers. But I'm told that if you read the Book of Enoch and are willing to disregard the amount if arrant falsehood in it, then you can find support for just about any kind of superstitious malarkey you'd care to embrace.
We generally tend to believe the reality we are presented

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, no evidence is no evidence. By default I don't believe in things for whose existence there is no evidence. Unicorns, for instance, or bigfoots, peep stones or honest politicians. And sorry to say, every take of every goober who's ever seen a light in the sky that he couldn't figure out and immediately decided it must have been a Flying Saucer from a distant planet and/or a demon from the pits of hell makes me that much less likely to believe even folks who might actually be reliable observers. The ridiculous lengths the True Believers in SM&FS go to in the attempt to somehow ram their baseless notions onto the Christian Faith makes the whole topic even more toxic to me. If they wanna believe in Space Men & Flying Saucers, or chupacabras, orbs, omnipotent global conspiracies, magic, or any other such glop, fine. But don't try and act as though the Bible supports that stuff, because it does not. And the next person who says "If you believe in God then you have to believe in Demons in Flying Saucers" in my presence is courting a punch in the eye.
That's what Jesus would do! lol

Upvote 0