U.S. President Donald Trump has voted via mailed absentee ballot in United States elections.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When a every way to document something is denied to one, how can one document that something? If you can describe a way to uncover voter fraud without being allowed to verify an individual's identity I would be interested in seeing that.

The bottom line is that numerous republicans have already admitted that voter ID laws are attempts to suppress voting by people likely to vote democrat. Everyone gets this. Considering that fraudulent voting has always been shown to be quite rare, there's really no point in denial. Would you like to see more evidence for this?

And as you might know, "Moscow Mitch" McConnell got so named because he blocked reforms that would make it harder for Russian hackers to hack U.S. voting machines. If republicans actually cared about ballot security, they would be backing measures to control known hazards, not imaginary ones.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there any proof that the person that voted by mail using the Donald Trump name was in reality Donald Trump? How can anyone actually know?

Because he said he did and he was physically in D.C. and is a resident of FL.

Are you then saying that if a man is physically in D.C. , is a resident of FL and says he voted as Donald Trump then that is all that man needs to vote as Donald Trump?

What were you trying to say then?
I'm saying that Donald J. Trump, the President of the US, said that he voted by mail.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bottom line is that numerous republicans have already admitted that voter ID laws are attempts to suppress voting by people likely to vote democrat. Everyone gets this. Considering that fraudulent voting has always been shown to be quite rare, there's really no point in denial. Would you like to see more evidence for this?

And as you might know, "Moscow Mitch" McConnell got so named because he blocked reforms that would make it harder for Russian hackers to hack U.S. voting machines. If republicans actually cared about ballot security, they would be backing measures to control known hazards, not imaginary ones.

Would I like to see more evidence? I would like to any evidence.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is there any proof that the person that voted by mail using the Donald Trump name was in reality Donald Trump? How can anyone actually know?

This is what Trump apologists will use after they can no longer twist “What Trump meant was...”

They will have to start “But was that really Trump ? How can anyone actually know? “

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying that Donald J. Trump, the President of the US, said that he voted by mail.

And why are you telling me that? I asked if there was any proof that it actually was Trump that voted as Donald Trump . I didn't ask "What did Trump say about it ? ". After all, why would you just believe him ? Haven't you heard how many "Pants on Fire " ratings he has gotten from Politifact? Aren't there people everywhere keeping score of how many untruths he has told?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The bottom line is that numerous republicans have already admitted that voter ID laws are attempts to suppress voting by people likely to vote democrat. Everyone gets this. Want to see more evidence?

Would I like to see more evidence? I would like to any evidence.

O.K.
Justin Clark, a senior political adviser and senior counsel to Trump’s reelection campaign, was caught discussing 2020 voter suppression efforts while at a Wisconsin chapter meeting of the Republican National Lawyers Association, according to the AP, though Clark denies it and says he was discussing “false accusations” that the GOP engages in voter suppression.

Clark can be heard on tape at the event saying, “Traditionally it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes in places. Let’s start protecting our voters. We know where they are. … Let’s start playing offense a little bit. That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program.”
Trump Adviser Caught on Tape Discussing 'Aggressive' Voter Suppression in 2020

So many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome: good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.

Republican activist Paul Weyrich, Remarks to the Religious Roundtable (August 1980), quoted in The Hidden Election (1981) by Thomas Ferguson and Joel Rogers

It's not exactly a secret. Particularly so, when no one can even show that illegal voting is a problem.

The Washington Post reported that so far there were a total of four confirmed cases of voter fraud nationwide in the 2016 election. That’s out of about 135 million votes cast.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking the integrity of the vote in 2016

As you might expect, three of them (including one dead guy) voted for Trump. One more voted for a different republican in another race.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what Trump apologists will use after they can no longer twist “What Trump meant was...”

They will have to start “But was that really Trump ? How can anyone actually know? “

This has nothing to do with apologizing for Trump and everything to do with the fact that there is no real way to prove that it was Trump that actually voted using the ballot attributed to Trump. We can know what he says as we see him say it , we hear it , it is recorded in many instances and we have witnesses that hear him saying it . We may not know what he meant or what he thought he was trying to say but we do know what he actually said. As ballots are supposed to be secret and as no there is no one that should have seen him marking a ballot, no way to know if he was telling the truth when he said he voted and no way to prove he was lying if he did not vote and someone else did in his place.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And why are you telling me that? I asked if there was any proof that it actually was Trump that voted as Donald Trump . I didn't ask "What did Trump say about it ? ". After all, why would you just believe him ? Haven't you heard how many "Pants on Fire " ratings he has gotten from Politifact? Aren't there people everywhere keeping score of how many untruths he has told?
I believe him because he is against mail-in voting.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
U.S. President Donald Trump has voted via mailed absentee ballot in United States elections.

Given that the 2020 Election may occur in the middle of the 2nd wave of the coronavirus pandemic, exercising one's constitutional rights of voting shouldn't be a life threatening experience whereby millions of voters could be forced to spend hours in line attempting to self-distance!

Denying the average American voter the same opportunity that this President sees no
hypocrisy when it comes to exercising it for himself is the very definition of "entitlement!"

Another irony is that while this President has steadfastly refused to take measures that would prevent Russian and other foreign adversaries from attempting to influence American elections, he has had no difficulty maligning the
intentions of his fellow citizens when it comes to corrupting the voting system - despite the lack of a body of proof to confirm his suspicions!

Last edited:
Upvote 0