Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ugh! Stamp prices are high enough the way it is! You know, its odd. I keep seeing prices of everything from gas to groceries to stamps going up but wages are not going up! How on earth do they expect a person to make a living now a days with prices going so high and wages staying the same??? This is one expensive society to live in!

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I read the article,
But what does the forever stamp do?

If I buy it at 42cents first class postage, and rates go
up to 50cents, do I pay the difference? Or is it just the purchase price, and I can send any letter just by using the "forever stamp"?

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) 0.40 to send a etter anywhere in the U.S. is still a good deal if you ask me, with the manpower required, and gas, jet full, equipment, ect...
2) A Forever stamp is supposed to always be good, I.E. you buy the stamps today, next year when it cost $0.57 to mail a letter, you can still use the stamps without adding additonal postage.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Billnew said:
I read the article,
But what does the forever stamp do?

If I buy it at 42cents first class postage, and rates go
up to 50cents, do I pay the difference? Or is it just the purchase price, and I can send any letter just by using the "forever stamp"?
I'm not sure I understand it either! Here's how I get it:
You buy how ever many forever stamps you want. If the price goes up, you still get to use your forevers with our buying those pesky one or two cent stamps to make up the difference. If you're out of forever stamps, then you gotta get the more expensive ones...I think!
It seems like the PO is trying to get people to buy stamps in bulk to give themselves an infusion of cash!! I already buy my stamps in those 100 rolls, so I might just do that. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0