United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
U.S. intelligence chief breaks with Trump on North Korea, Iran, ISIS

America's top intelligence official on Tuesday publicly broke with President Donald Trump on several critical foreign policy fronts, saying North Korea is not likely to give up its nuclear weapons, Iran is not yet seeking a nuclear weapon and the Islamic State terrorist group remains a forceful presence in Iraq and Syria.

The remarks by Dan Coats, the U.S. director of national intelligence, underscored how out of step Trump's pronouncements on major national security issues often are with the rest of the government he leads, including intelligence agencies that he has long scorned.

The divergence on Tuesday was perhaps most notable in the case of North Korea, which Trump has said no longer poses a nuclear threat to the United States.

"We currently assess that North Korea will seek to retain its [weapons of mass destruction] capabilities and is unlikely to completely give up its nuclear weapons and production capabilities because its leaders ultimately view nuclear weapons as critical to regime survival," Coats said during a hearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee.​

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It will be interesting how President Trump’s supporter in this forum spin this thread. Most likely they will not respond to this treat.

All the intelligent officer who spoke yesterday are President Trump’s appointee.

• Agree
Reactions: JacobKStarkey
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think anyone believed they would disarm anyway, North Korea has done it before and they are doing it again. The sanctions have failed, Trump's policy has failed and North Korea will continue to be a threat for generations to come.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't think anyone believed they would disarm anyway, North Korea has done it before and they are doing it again. The sanctions have failed, Trump's policy has failed and North Korea will continue to be a threat for generations to come.

While that may be true, after Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un, Trump and his supporters were making the absurd claim that the North Korea threat had been resolved. Were they lying or deceived?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Look, the biggest / best intel org is the NSA and they're working with Trump.
So is USSS
CIA and FBI are a shambles because of severe corruption, which has come to the surface since Trump is in office.
Trump works closely with Generals too, so you can rest asured they know what they're doing.
But it takes time to weed out the old guard, which has its tentacles spread far and wide.
They still own the media, so that's why the media is against Trump.
So look at post #4 and answer the question posed: are you making this stuff up or do you actually believe it?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NK will go on disarming.
Deep Sate elements that ruled NK are apparently gone.
This chief doesn't like it.
Old guard.
You must be confused. Deep State is the US. You must be thinking of the NWO International SE Asia Nuclear Un Team (ISEANUT).

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So is USSS
CIA and FBI are a shambles because of severe corruption, which has come to the surface since Trump is in office.
Trump works closely with Generals too, so you can rest asured they know what they're doing.
But it takes time to weed out the old guard, which has its tentacles spread far and wide.
Trump’s appointees are “Old Guard”? Time flies, huh.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It will be interesting how President Trump’s supporter in this forum spin this thread. Most likely they will not respond to this treat.

All the intelligent officer who spoke yesterday are President Trump’s appointee.
Deep State?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It will be interesting how President Trump’s supporter in this forum spin this thread.

It's not hard for me to imagine. Trump has been denigrating our own intelligence agencies from before he took office.

Later, Trump’s transition office released an unprecedented statement “On Claims of Foreign Interference in U.S. Elections,” which began by defaming the CIA: “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.”

Two days later, Trump told Fox News Sunday: “I think it’s ridiculous. I think it’s just another excuse. I don’t believe it,” while making the perplexing addition: “They have no idea if it’s Russia or China or somebody. It could be somebody sitting in a bed some place. I mean, they have no idea.”

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must be confused. Deep State is the US. You must be thinking of the NWO International SE Asia Nuclear Un Team (ISEANUT).
Deep State is global.
Yeah, i guess you could call it NWO too, or globalist power elites, etc...

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well we know what the White House inhabitant thinks:

"The Intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naive when it comes to the dangers of Iran. They are wrong!" Trump tweeted.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So is USSS

From NSA Director

In his testimony, Coats conceded that North Korea "has halted its provocative behavior" by refraining from missile tests and nuclear tests for more than a year.

"As well, Kim Jong Un continues to demonstrate openness to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," Coasts said.

But, despite that apparent openness, "We currently assess that North Korea will seek to retain its WMD capabilities, and is unlikely to completely give up its nuclear weapons and production capabilities," Coats said.

"Our assessment is bolstered by our observations of some activity that is inconsistent with full denuclearization," he added.

Coats said the North Korean leader and the rest of the country's rulers "view nuclear weapons as critical to regime survival."

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well, it seems this thing is possibly just another fake news story altogether.

When i find a usable link to an explanation, i'll post it here.

When you don’t like news it is Fake news!

Here is Dir Dan Coats testimony yesterday. I know you don’t care but at min 7 he talks about N.K 2which I quoted in my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9MViCzmr1U

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you don’t like news it is Fake news!
Can't deny i have become biassed.
Not a matter of not liking it though.
It's a matter of not buying the MSM version of the truth anymore since they're clearly pushing an anti Trump narrative and anything goes.
Here is Dir Dan Coats testimony yesterday. I know you don’t care but at min 7 he talks about N.K 2which I quoted in my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9MViCzmr1U
thank you.

2nd edit:
Not sure what to make of this yet.
Jumped to conclusions myself, deleted my following posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0