Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., was among Democrats opposing the bill, stating there was little evidence that doctors aren’t already providing health care for babies born after failed abortions.”

Sentence which doesn’t really say anything, but if we presume (no idea if reasonable assumption) that doctors really do provide a care for babies born after failed abortions then the new legislation would probably have an effect of really tightening the procedure to make sure no child survived ever.

So wouldn’t this just increase the successful abortion numbers ?

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
“Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., was among Democrats opposing the bill, stating there was little evidence that doctors aren’t already providing health care for babies born after failed abortions.”

Sentence which doesn’t really say anything, but if we presume (no idea if reasonable assumption) that doctors really do provide a care for babies born after failed abortions then the new legislation would probably have an effect of really tightening the procedure to make sure no child survived ever.

So wouldn’t this just increase the successful abortion numbers ?
That's very convoluted reasoning. This is a simple law that should have pretty much universal support.

Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's very convoluted reasoning.

How so ? Logic seems clear enough.

If there are heavier consequences now of failed abortions it seems reasonable that any money and legally conscious entities would do everything they can to minimize their risks which in this case means doing everything possible to ensure no failed abortions occur.

Of course it is easier to sell a law without thinking it through. You avoid all kinds of convoluted reasonings. Just go with your gut instinct. Analyzing laws and their consequences for society is clearly for dummies.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How so ? Logic seems clear enough.

If there are heavier consequences now of failed abortions it seems reasonable that any money and legally conscious entities would do everything they can to minimize their risks which in this case means doing everything possible to ensure no failed abortions occur.

Of course it is easier to sell a law without thinking it through. You avoid all kinds of convoluted reasonings. Just go with your gut instinct. Analyzing laws and their consequences for society is clearly for dummies.

They already do everything they can to make sure the abortion is "successful." Defeats the entire purpose and the point of the industry to do anything else. SMH

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I can't believe this even needs to be a law.
It doesn't.

Go feed the story into fact checking organizations.

The House judiciary committee made inquiries to all 50 states about this asking for any reports from the last decade on reports, cases or prosecutions. The response all said the same thing there were no such reports or incidents.
The Utah attorney general:
We did not find any cases involving the deliberate killing neglect or denial of medial treatment of a newborn who was delivered alive in the process of an abortion. Similarly, prosecutors did not indicate that they had prosecuted any cases because a woman died or suffered serious complications as a result of an abortion. Finally, we did not find any cases in which a person was prosecuted for performing abortions after the statutory period.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They already do everything they can to make sure the abortion is "successful." Defeats the entire purpose and the point of the industry to do anything else. SMH

Not quite.

This is bit like saying to a chef not to use any peanuts on the food because some has allergy for it.

Or

Saying to a chef that one of the quests will die if there are even trace amount of peanuts in the ingredients, utensils or in any surface used in the making of the meal.

In the latter case extra precautions will be taken since consequences of mistakes are graver (pun intended)

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not quite.

This is bit like saying to a chef not to use any peanuts on the food because some has allergy for it.

Or

Saying to a chef that one of the quests will die if there are even trace amount of peanuts in the ingredients, utensils or in any surface used in the making of the meal.

In the latter case extra precautions will be taken since consequences of mistakes are graver (pun intended)
Yeah let's be punny over killing babies. Disgusting.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I am sure God will judge you favorably for being disgusted with the topic. Let’s hope nothing else is required.
I'm so thankful that being disgusted by murder and the people who laugh and scoff doesn't break any commandment. However for the killers...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so thankful that being disgusted by murder and the people who laugh and scoff doesn't break any commandment. However for the killers...

Matthew 7:21 ESV / 34 helpful votes
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21 ESV / 34 helpful votes
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Are you suggesting God's will is to kill babies?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting God's will is to kill babies?

Interesting question considering around 40% percent of pregnancies are aborted due to miscarriage.

If that is part of God’s plan instead of normal evolutionary process to abort non viable progeny it seems to be bit at odds with logic of God loving babies and hating abortion.

But no, the point was that God expects people who profess their belief also act according to those beliefs.

Ironic you couldn’t imagine it would be something intended for you but immediately turned it to other avenues. Even to God.

Luke 6:41
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Non-Catholics bickering over semantics. When did OBOB fall? Isn’t there anywhere else to do this?
Excuse me. I am Catholic. I have - in somewhat recent times - began to seriously inquire into EO and will convert when possible; but I'm very much Catholic technically. Don't let hurt feelings over Francis' careless words in Chile and the fact that you were wrong make you uncharitable.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Non-Catholics bickering over semantics. When did OBOB fall? Isn’t there anywhere else to do this?

Honestly, if they merged this forum with General Theology or some such, we'd get about the same threads, as long as Michie posted over there.

(Not intended as a slight against Michie, in fact she is the one who most consistently brings Catholic content into the subforum).

• Agree
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟928,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excuse me. I am Catholic. I have - in somewhat recent times - began to seriously inquire into EO and will convert when possible; but I'm very much Catholic technically. Don't let hurt feelings over Francis' careless words in Chile and the fact that you were wrong make you uncharitable.
Yeah, whatever. Just tired of the drama. GT is a good place to argue.

Upvote 0