Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
U.S. HOMELESSNESS ON RISE

Homelessness is on the rise in the United States, according to federal survey data released last month, which said 553,742 people lacked homes on a given night in 2017.

That figure was up 1 percent from 2016.

Cold comfort: U.S. homeless shelters overwhelmed in brutal weather

It is time for the Bride of Messiah to rise up as shown to Pastor Shane Warren in a visionary dream that he was shown around 2011........
The prediction of a Hurricane of Money is at the 17 minute mark......
and the prophecy of the Bride of Messiah rising up... is around the 23 minute mark......

When the Bride of Messiah rises up and becomes like Queen Hadassah / Esther......
she will be able to address problems that political leaders do not know how to begin to solve......

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Many people lose their employment due to drug and alcohol abuse. People get evicted. Without employment and with an eviction on their record, they have difficulty finding housing. Why should the government help them if they don't want help?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There are thousands trillions US Dollars in the Bank Accounts of the world which could solve all problem of poverty and homelesness.

The only thing this world cannot do is to share it.

Sad, isn't it? And in a country with so much empty space, no less.

One thing that has always been on my heart is to try and encourage churches and businesses to donate to help build a reasonably inexpensive means of providing shelter and temporary accommodation for the homeless whilst helping reintegrate them in to society. There's so much that could be done.

Sadly, a lot of people are a pay check away from homelessness through little or no fault of their own. It's worth keeping that in mind because there's a lot of stigma around homelessness and the assumed reasons for it.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sad, isn't it? And in a country with so much empty space, no less.

One thing that has always been on my heart is to try and encourage churches and businesses to donate to help build a reasonably inexpensive means of providing shelter and temporary accommodation for the homeless whilst helping reintegrate them in to society. There's so much that could be done.

Sadly, a lot of people are a pay check away from homelessness through little or no fault of their own. It's worth keeping that in mind because there's a lot of stigma around homelessness and the assumed reasons for it.

Who is assuming?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Many people lose their employment due to drug and alcohol abuse. People get evicted. Without employment and with an eviction on their record, they have difficulty finding housing. Why should the government help them if they don't want help?
Did they say they did not want any help?

Reactions: SRSEEKINGHIM
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Who is assuming?

Not everyone. A lot of people assume that homelessness is the sole result of a person's irresponsible behaviour or vice. A lot of people assume homeless people are there because of drugs, alcohol, gambling etc.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not everyone. A lot of people assume that homelessness is the sole result of a person's irresponsible behaviour or vice. A lot of people assume homeless people are there because of drugs, alcohol, gambling etc.

I don't assume that all the homeless use alcohol or drugs. Poor financial management or disasters can result in homelessness. But just as food stamps are abused, there is a segment of society that wants dole outs instead of taking responsibility for the situation they have caused themselves.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

BTW, my remarks are based on my own observations of alcoholics with college degrees of different levels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't assume that all the homeless use alcohol or drugs. Poor financial management or disasters can result in homelessness. But just as food stamps are abused, there is a segment of society that wants dole outs instead of taking responsibility for the situation they have caused themselves.
So then, you believe that people should not be helped?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I know that and when I so that a lot of people assume those things, I didn't mean everyone. I am not saying you specifically assume that.

Some people are simply victims of misfortune whilst doing all the right things. It happens. Yes there are people that are on the street through their own errors, but there are many that aren't there through their own error.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know that some people look down on folks who live in trailers, but honestly in this day in age if you have a half acre of land and a trailer paid for you are doing better then Most people in the world.

It's weird how it's not socially acceptable to go hungry in America but it is socially acceptable for people to be homeless.

It takes about $2,000 just get a decent apartment in most areas Deposit, Electricity Etc.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I know that some people look down on folks who live in trailers, but honestly in this day in age if you have a half acre land and a trailer paid for you are doing better then Most people in the world.

It's weird how it's not socially expectable to go hungry in America but it is socially expectable for people to be homeless.

It takes about $2,000 just get a decent apartment in most areas Deposit, Electricity Etc.

Heck yeah!

I'd love a small parcel of land and to grow a lot of my own food. You don't even need a ton of space to produce a lot.

It's why I don't let it bother me living at home while I save up. A lot of people move out when they're 18 only to pay 70-80% of their income on rent for the luxury of their independence. At least that's how it is here in the UK. Rent prices are ridiculously high and in many cases more than the mortgage payments you'd be paying if you had saved for the down payment previously instead of renting.

Upvote 0