Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would the Church be able to just excommunicate those pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage politicians?

Then we could have a clear list of who's who, and they don't get communion in any diocese.

I think the US Bishops could earn a little credibility back if they did so.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bishops meeting to discuss = how can we cave and make it palatable to the flock.
Seems most do not be too concerned about the flock
but as the world see's them. I mean am I the only one that expects nothing but politics anymore and is starved for the faith?! Where is that light the world is supposed to see? Where is the meat for the flock? Sincere question.

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟401,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems most do not be too concerned about the flock
but as the world see's them. I mean am I the only one that expects nothing but politics anymore and is starved for the faith?! Where is that light the world is supposed to see? Where is the meat for the flock? Sincere question.

No you are not at all Michie! I'm trying to hold back and not vent so much.

But yes - I won't give a quarter to the bishops appeal - I think it would do more good for the Kingdom if I used it to buy a gumball and give it to a needy kid.

There are a very few good ones, very few. Most need to go work for a living.

Honestly it bothers me that all the clergy I meet have hands so soft it doesn't seem like they have done a days work in years. Sounds funny, but there in lies the problem - they are far too disconnected in so many ways.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Should be simple. They are heretics or apostates, why would they be able to receive communion? The only thing that could potentially excuse them from falling into one of these two categories would be ignorance. If they are ignorant of the Church's teachings then they must be educated and it should be explained to them. The Bible says that they should be given two warnings but if they persist in their falsehood, then they should be rejected. They are corrupt and sinful and they stand self-condemned.

Also, this doesn't need to be a political issue because the same should apply to all Catholics. These priests should fear God more than men. They should not stand idly by as somebody is on the path to hell without at least attempting to alter their path. Everybody is responsible for the state of their own soul in the end but Priests should make sure they are able to stand before God blameless on Judgment Day. Saint James said that God will judge them more strictly than others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟401,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I spoke to a life long mass attending Catholic about Biden getting snubbed. His reply was - what are you going to do, refuse communion to everyone that votes democrat?? He was not in favor of Biden being snubbed.

This person knows priests pretty well, and said there are a lot of priest that vote democrat.

To me this says there are people giving communion that shouldn't even be receiving communion.

Upvote 0